BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2016 8:24 pm  #2301

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

There is news - filming tonight near the Globe Theatre between Southwark and London Bridge tube stations!

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2016 9:06 pm  #2302

It's quite amazing how publicly they are doing this for S4.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 15, 2016 9:09 pm  #2303

Indeed. I can only assume that in spite of this public filming they are not giving away much. We know that Sherlock seems to be ill. But what about the lady in red? John? Mary? Mycroft (who has not appeared in costume since ep. 1)? The baby? There is still so much speculation. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2016 9:12 pm  #2304

I agree Susi. They are not giving away much, despite appearing to film very openly in public.

Sherlock crew have a thing for cows, apparently:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 15, 2016 9:14 pm  #2305

Yes, they certainly aren't giving away very much. But I would have expected them to do next to no shoots - apart from NGS - in such public areas, simply because of logistics... and because of Setlock.

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 15, 2016 9:14 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 15, 2016 9:18 pm  #2306

Well, the illuminated bridge and London eye are quite irresistible as a backdrop. 

June 15, 2016 9:22 pm  #2307

Absolutely. I just thought that something like this would be a nightmare to get a shooting permit for... lots of regulations and all that... but maybe it's less complicated when you're doing a night shoot.

June 15, 2016 9:29 pm  #2308

Maybe our Lady in Red is the future Baby Watson in Sherlock's head? She has something from John (the cane) and something from Mary (abandoning Sherlock in distress when he's down and suffering and apparently clutching at his stomach - where her mother has shot him all those years ago to keep her secrets).

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

June 15, 2016 9:53 pm  #2309

When I consider the things they have filmed in public, I am even more afraid of the things they have filmed behind closed doors.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 15, 2016 11:35 pm  #2310

Very sinister-looking scene going on in that penthouse. Culverton and apparently another old doctor guy are presiding over the same table of IV patients we saw in the street/MP scene earlier. And Sian is there-- she was apparently there in the street, too, in the same floral dress she's wearing today.

This appears to be some sort of historical flashback -- if you go by the nurses' outfits, which are very 70s retro with white hats and shoulderpads. Then again, that's just an assumption. Maybe Culverton just likes to dress his nurses up that way? ;P

No sign of Ben, or any other main cast so far.

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 16, 2016 5:28 am  #2311

I really don't like the sound of this...could possibly have to change some of my theories.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 16, 2016 5:32 am  #2312

besleybean wrote:

I really don't like the sound of this...could possibly have to change some of my theories.

That sounds interesting. What are / have been your theories?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 16, 2016 6:01 am  #2313

Well...and again this is just me throwing out wild ideas as usual, I'm hard pressed to say anything on here- for fear it's taken as gospel!
But anyway, I was going down the route of the woman being a nurse who'd done away with or stolen a baby, or swapped a baby or something- possibly involving Mary somewhere along the line. I hadn't fully thought it through. Just nasty images popping into my head.

But seeing as I'm here, I did think of something else over night:
I kept hearing comment of the woman with the stick not being real.
But what do we mean by this?
I mean, why is Sherlock imagining her at all?
She surely must be a representation of somebody, or someone form the past?

Last edited by besleybean (June 16, 2016 6:02 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 16, 2016 6:35 am  #2314

GimmeCat wrote:

Very sinister-looking scene going on in that penthouse. Culverton and apparently another old doctor guy are presiding over the same table of IV patients we saw in the street/MP scene earlier. And Sian is there-- she was apparently there in the street, too, in the same floral dress she's wearing today.

This appears to be some sort of historical flashback -- if you go by the nurses' outfits, which are very 70s retro with white hats and shoulderpads. Then again, that's just an assumption. Maybe Culverton just likes to dress his nurses up that way? ;P

No sign of Ben, or any other main cast so far.

I know what you mean. Very ominous scene there:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 16, 2016 6:36 am  #2315

Culverton Smith gloating:

June 16, 2016 6:37 am  #2316

Dorothy gives us some details about the scene:

http://thesetison.tumblr.com/post/145983325106/xxx

June 16, 2016 6:38 am  #2317

June 16, 2016 6:41 am  #2318

besleybean wrote:

Well...and again this is just me throwing out wild ideas as usual, I'm hard pressed to say anything on here- for fear it's taken as gospel!
But anyway, I was going down the route of the woman being a nurse who'd done away with or stolen a baby, or swapped a baby or something- possibly involving Mary somewhere along the line. I hadn't fully thought it through. Just nasty images popping into my head.

That´s a good theory, because there is the possibility that the lady is real. She was recognised in one of the early Setlock scenes:

http://setlockhell.tumblr.com/post/145997121546/thesetison-costumes-and-actors-seem-to-match

Last edited by nakahara (June 16, 2016 6:42 am)

June 16, 2016 6:44 am  #2319

I was having a look on the internet when I couldn't sleep last night, and there was a very interesting picture of what seemed to be Toby standing at the window with his arms open, looking very "angel of death".   Of course, I now have no idea where I've found it, but I'll have a look after work or I'm sure you intrepid people will have posted it before then. 

In spoilers for those who didn't want to see the snippet of script that was linked to earlier ...

I love the idea of him as a doctor, but that piece of script seem to hint about him being a TV presenter.  However, I wonder if one of these roles - either doctor or TV presenter - is mind palace?

I agree the nurses look old-fashioned, which does suggest flashback/mind palace.   It could also be a private practice where they like to have nurses in old-fashioned uniforms. 

June 16, 2016 6:44 am  #2320

Maybe it's really the 70's, Lady in Red is Sherlock's mother aaand...
... Culverton is his real father!
*heavy Darth Vader breathing*

No srsly.
Maybe she's Sherlock and Mycroft's mum.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

Board footera