BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2016 4:53 am  #2221

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

So apparently Sherlock is having fish and chips with the lady in red while sitting and chatting at a bus stop. And since I don't want this to be mind palace, please let her be Harry.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/349316c975f1f552c684511cbdd0ef9a/tumblr_o8qea3wywN1soapxxo1_1280.jpg

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 14, 2016 5:37 am  #2222

So not the middle aged woman seen at the house that time?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 14, 2016 6:57 am  #2223

SolarSystem wrote:

So apparently Sherlock is having fish and chips with the lady in red while sitting and chatting at a bus stop. And since I don't want this to be mind palace, please let her be Harry.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/349316c975f1f552c684511cbdd0ef9a/tumblr_o8qea3wywN1soapxxo1_1280.jpg

I am quite sure that these scenes take place in his head. They shot the same scene with him sitting at the bus stop twice. Once with the woman, once without her. So it seems that he is playing something through in his mind. I really do not mind that but because if they use it as a means of showing us the working inside his head, it would not erase anything that happened in reality. I think we can agree that Sherlock seems to be in some way impaired in this episode and tries to work out what is happening. He has been carrying a piece of paper in several scenes which he keeps looking at. So this is no blind stumbling, I suppose. I think it is a Sherlock whose mind has been compromised by something - my bets are on poison or drugs but not his usual ones - and who desperately tries to solve the case anyway. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 14, 2016 7:09 am  #2224

If what you say is true we might see a lot of Sherlock digging around in his mind in this episode. And although this would be a different type of MP than the one we saw in TAB (and in HLV, according to the EMP theories), I'm still not a fan of such an excessive use of it. But that's my personal taste.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 14, 2016 7:10 am  #2225

Well, we'll see how it plays out.

Last edited by besleybean (June 14, 2016 7:10 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 14, 2016 7:13 am  #2226

@Solar: Of course. I love such things as long as they are used for reasons and not to cover up plot holes. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 14, 2016 7:13 am  #2227

If mind palace, then the woman could be somebody who is already dead, and he's investigating her death - they showed the working of his mind when thinking about a dead victim in ASIP, but now they do seem to like the mind palace (and I like it too, as long as it's not overused). 

And yes, I'm still curious about the middle-aged woman at the house, who apparently looked like she could be Harry. 

(What's the bet that nobody is Harry and she never, ever appears?)

June 14, 2016 7:18 am  #2228

SusiGo wrote:

@Solar: Of course. I love such things as long as they are used for reasons and not to cover up plot holes. 

That's true. And I understand how fascinating the whole mind palace business is, especially on a visual level (the MP sequence in HLV will always be one of the most spectacular sequences in the whole series for me). And call me a romantic, but I think it would be nice if Sherlock would reach a point where he's not only trying to solve problems through the use of his MP but maybe also... together with John.

June 14, 2016 7:23 am  #2229

I agree. But I think that he might be in a very stressful situation here. Losing his mental faculties is one of his greatest fears as we have seen in HoB. This together with a physical illness or poisoning might prove too much for him. We have no idea what John's part in all this will be. At least we know that in some scenes he is with him - in Miskin, at the hospital, at Baker Street. So they might be working together while Sherlock is playing out things in his mind. It does not necessarily mean that he is trying to do it all on his own. 

June 14, 2016 7:48 am  #2230

Oh, oh... something dark comes up.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 14, 2016 7:53 am  #2231

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 14, 2016 8:02 am  #2232

So... Amanda is still in... until the end?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 14, 2016 8:20 am  #2233

I'm sure we can't be sure about that. 

June 14, 2016 8:24 am  #2234

SolarSystem wrote:

I'm sure we can't be sure about that. 

If we can be sure about anything, then it's that. :D

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

June 14, 2016 8:42 am  #2235

That's basically the motto of all setlock, isn't it? 

June 14, 2016 8:57 am  #2236

June 14, 2016 9:11 am  #2237

June 14, 2016 3:45 pm  #2238

So they haven't started filming S3 yet...
Kinda makes sense Mary will be in til the end...her death could even be the cliffhanger.

June 14, 2016 4:00 pm  #2239

I'm almost certain that the note Sherlock has been carrying in the presence of the Red Lady is the same note that was tacked onto the board in front of the 'floating window frame in the middle of the street' scene, but I can't for the life of me find those setlock pics to confirm it.

Would someone mind terribly posting the one I'm talking about, if you know of it and can find it?

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 14, 2016 4:08 pm  #2240

besleybean wrote:

So they haven't started filming S3 yet...
Kinda makes sense Mary will be in til the end...her death could even be the cliffhanger.

Like, is she really dead or not? Please not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera