BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2016 8:49 pm  #2181

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Fabulous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 12, 2016 8:52 pm  #2182

Liberty wrote:

But why film at dusk?  (Showing my ignorance of film-making here).

Well, why not? If they are aiming for a certain atmosphere that can only be achieved at dusk, then I suppose they have to film at dusk.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 12, 2016 8:53 pm  #2183

Amanda is on-set now. Might we be getting a scene that happens just before they do the tunnel bit? I have no idea what she was wearing back then, does anyone know?

Aaaand there's Martin, too. All together now!

Last edited by GimmeCat (June 12, 2016 8:59 pm)

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 12, 2016 8:59 pm  #2184

And Martin.  Solar, sorry, I cross-posted earlier ... I'd wondered about dusk because it's such a short changeable time, but I suppose they're going into nighttime now when the light will be more stable. 

June 12, 2016 9:46 pm  #2185

The scene currently being filmed is: Lady in red dress (Sian) is waiting for Sherlock in the rain outside 221b. Sherlock comes out... actually, I'd more accurately describe it as he stumbles out dramatically, pulling his coat up over his head. And then the two of them walk down the street together, Sherlock hunkered down under his coat and possibly still stumbling, but the view wasn't great and I couldn't see it clearly.

Also:

Martin standing on the step to be the same height as Ben while they talk. Adorable. xD

Last edited by GimmeCat (June 12, 2016 9:53 pm)

June 12, 2016 11:25 pm  #2186

The other scene they filmed tonight: John runs out of 221b, phone held to his ear, but stops and swivels as Mrs Hudson appears in the doorway. She throws something over to him -- looks like a key, or set of keys -- and John catches them. He then starts jogging down the street, still listening to the phone.

June 13, 2016 5:54 am  #2187

Ooh, dramatic stuff...
Sherlock is not being controlled by this woman somehow, is he?
Or is she a former colleague of Mary's?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 13, 2016 5:58 am  #2188

Yes, does sound dramatic.  I suppose we don't really know anything yet - she could be another villain, Mary's sister, a client, anything!  It's fun to speculate.

Amanda was there for filming wasn't she, but no Mary scene?

June 13, 2016 6:00 am  #2189

So how old is this actress?
Of an age to be a young Mary?

June 13, 2016 6:32 am  #2190

Looking her up she's only six years younger than Amanda, so I don't think so.  (Although she could probably play younger - remembering her as Ophelia). 

June 13, 2016 6:54 am  #2191

http://ebaeschnbliah.tumblr.com/post/145846222489/welovethebeekeeper-well-last-night-appears-to

So Leinster Gardens again? Exciting. As for Amanda - by now I get the impression that there is a big "hoax" going on. We have hardly any confirmed scenes with her but she is the one tweeting constantly and informing us about her being in Cardiff, in Morocco, etc. By now I think that they are just covering up that there will be not very much Mary in series 3. Which would be fine with me. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 13, 2016 6:55 am  #2192

She could already be dead!  

June 13, 2016 7:00 am  #2193

She told someone she was not yet and would be filming today. Still, I think they are trying to make her seem more involved than she really is. Why wear an ep. 1 costume when it was not needed? But they underestimate the fans as usual. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 13, 2016 7:01 am  #2194

I think she may be dead, in the time line...
It did seem they were filming episodes in order...
But they always leave North Gower St til last.

Would they really bother to try and deceive like that?
I mean I know they did with TRF...but I thought that was just for that.

Last edited by besleybean (June 13, 2016 7:05 am)

June 13, 2016 7:04 am  #2195

That would make sense, she's posting a bit too much.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

June 13, 2016 7:06 am  #2196

Is there a quota for 'too much'?!

June 13, 2016 8:53 am  #2197

Drama! Excitement! Mystery!
Setlock is just as much fun as the show itself.
Thank you GimmeCat for the reports.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

June 13, 2016 10:14 am  #2198

I do think that if Mary was dead that might be just the sort of plot point that the team would deliberately cover up and use misdirection.   And of course, further appearances by Amanda could be mind palace/flashback. 

June 13, 2016 1:11 pm  #2199

Cute pic from yesterday.

Hmm, Sherlock must really be at the end of his power to have his hair decay into this:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 13, 2016 1:12 pm  #2200

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera