BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 24, 2016 11:03 am  #1

Favourite & Least Favourite Story.

I'm curious to know everyone's favourite (and least favourite episode).
​I have to say that I'd struggle to choose between 'A Study in Pink' and 'His Last Vow' as my all time favourite to date. I think if really pushed 'His Last Vow' would win. Both of these are brilliant, brilliant episodes, but Mary Watson in the latter is just amazing and gives it the edge. Least favourite, Mmmmm, let me see, 'The Sign of Three', fun in places, loved Sherlock giving the speech, but in general it's boring, the wedding reception dragging on and on and on, to the point I was screaming let it be over at the TV !   
​So, top three, His Last Vow', 'A Study in Pink' & 'The Abominable Bride'. Worst episode,'The Sign of Three'. 

Last edited by Watson (March 24, 2016 11:09 am)

March 24, 2016 12:23 pm  #2

Re: Favourite & Least Favourite Story.

Least favorite is easy: The Blind Banker. I don't like the story, it seems to have several plot holes and conveniences. And I don't like the use of the "yellow peril" trope.

Favorite is a toss up between ASiB and HoB. Hard to choose, but I think I will go for ASiB, with HoB and TEH as good runner-ups.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 24, 2016 1:23 pm  #3

Vhanja wrote:

Least favorite is easy: The Blind Banker.

​No indeed. The Blind Banker isn't high on my list of favourites either, but I'm a big fan of Zoe Telford and I enjoy her interaction with John. Odd story, but there is still much to enjoy in it.

March 25, 2016 3:54 am  #4

My personal favorite is probably The Reichenbach Fall. Brilliant storytelling and acting...it's nearly perfection for me. A Study in Pink is also absolutely wonderful, and anything from season 3 is great.

As far as the worst episode goes, I'm with Vhanja. The Blind Banker never really piqued my interest. Sure, it had a nice plot, and some pretty good action sequences, but everything just...fell flat, I suppose. Not really much rewatch value to it.

Last edited by Jawn (March 25, 2016 3:54 am)

~proud member of OSAJ~

What is Lestrade's division?

March 25, 2016 6:55 am  #5

OK so this thread is TV episodes, rather than Canon stories?
Oh easy then, TAB for me...
To be perfectly honest, it usually is the latest episode, simply because it's the furthest on in the story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera