BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2016 9:49 pm  #161

Re: Marvellous Midyear Fic Exchange 2016

@kgreen I'll start posting the stories on June 20 and probably leave a day or two between stories until they are all posted.

Yitzock, if your Word doc works and the html file doesn't, I'm happy for you to send me the Word doc.

It's awkward to have to convert a Word doc into an html file and then post it on a site that uses BBCode, but this is the only solution we have been able to find. So far the process has not worked perfectly and I'm resigned to the fact that I might have to manually fix each fic, but I have a bit of time to do it and I don't really mind As long as everyone tries to convert their story and tests it themselves, so we can see what problems may arise and work it out between us.

Last edited by ukaunz (June 8, 2016 10:09 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10, 2016 10:49 am  #162

I have set up the other thread where I will post the fics, you can find it here:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=6959
I've also posted an early gift there for everyone who is interested 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10, 2016 11:09 am  #163

Wow, this is so lovely. Congrats to your nine-year old fanfic star in the making. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 10, 2016 4:38 pm  #164

Fantastic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 10, 2016 5:35 pm  #165

How sweet. And great talent. You must be a really proud mom!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 10, 2016 10:27 pm  #166

Thanks for reading the story and for leaving lovely comments, I've passed them onto to my daughter. She wants me to let you know that she would have written a longer fic but she's too busy writing another story at the moment (an original story, not a fanfic, about a time-travelling girl with an invisible cat, who together with her friends discovers that a teacher in their school is really a vampire... Or something like that!)

June 11, 2016 1:30 am  #167

Just got a chance to read your daughter's story. It made me smile. One thing that stood out for me was the description of Mycroft's face. Very Mycroft!

Last edited by Yitzock (June 11, 2016 1:30 am)

Clueing for looks.

June 12, 2016 4:04 pm  #168

FInally got some writing done! The gist of the story is now complete. Now I just need to let it be for a couple of days and re-read it so that I can improve and expand upon it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 14, 2016 11:18 pm  #169

That's awesome, Vhanja

How's everyone else going? I'm getting excited...

June 15, 2016 2:57 am  #170

Me, too!

Clueing for looks.

June 15, 2016 1:33 pm  #171

I'm looking forward to the day the reveals begin! =)

June 15, 2016 2:13 pm  #172

ukaunz wrote:

That's awesome, Vhanja

How's everyone else going? I'm getting excited...

I´m writing final scenes of my story. If I would be delayed, by chance, it would be only by a day, I think. But I hope I´ll manage it on time.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 15, 2016 2:24 pm  #173

I have finished writing and am waiting for my beta to return the fic. Yay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 16, 2016 6:13 am  #174

Same here 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

June 16, 2016 7:42 pm  #175

I'm hammering away like mad at my keyboard. Don't think I'm going to finish in time though. 

June 17, 2016 7:13 pm  #176

stoertebeker wrote:

Is anybody in contact with Kerkerian? Maybe she wants to join as well.

Thank you for thinking of me, lovely stoertebeker. Since my husband and I broke up in January and are going to get a divorce, I've been preoccupied with too many other things and wouldn't have been able to participate this time.

I wish you all a lot of fun, of course, and a lovely summer.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

June 17, 2016 7:22 pm  #177

Best of luck with that, Kerkerian. Even if you are busy, the fics will be here for you to read them at your leisure.

Clueing for looks.

June 17, 2016 7:31 pm  #178

Thank you, Yitzock, I appreciate it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

June 18, 2016 11:11 pm  #179

Hey everyone, today's officially the due date but I know a few of you need a bit longer to finish your fics and get them ready, which is fine by the way, thanks for letting me know.

So far I've received three fics, we'll done to you guys 

For those who haven't contacted me, please do let me know that you are still working on it, as we are all looking forward to reading it and especially the person you are writing for. Better late than never

I can extend the due date by leaving a bit of time between posting fics, if everyone agrees that this is okay. What does everyone think about a few days gap between fics? Or a week?

June 19, 2016 2:03 am  #180

A few days' gap sounds fine to me.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera