BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2016 8:06 am  #121

Re: Marvellous Midyear Fic Exchange 2016

Good to see people checking in with their progress, I hope everyone is still enjoying themselves with this exchange 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 28, 2016 6:07 pm  #122

I've already submitted mine.

June 1, 2016 6:46 pm  #123

Schmiezi wrote:

I am far from being finished but having lots of fun with my prompt. :-D

Thanks for saying that. I was afraid that I'm the only one who is still writing 
I suppose it will be a just time finish once again and I still haven't asked anyone for beta-reading, I should do that soon 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

June 1, 2016 6:57 pm  #124

Still writing too. But I have a wonderful prompt so it´s all a great fun.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 1, 2016 8:56 pm  #125

I've already finished and submitted mine, so I'm just waiting for all the stories to be revealed!

June 2, 2016 4:32 pm  #126

I just want to drop by and say that I've been very busy with a new job, overtime and an upcoming exam this weekend. But I haven't forgotten this, and will start write fully after the weekend. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 2, 2016 5:42 pm  #127

Just an update: I am in the last stages of revising. As soon as I have converted the fic, I will send it to you, ukaunz. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 2, 2016 10:22 pm  #128

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder, finished fics need to be converted into html before they are sent to me for posting. Please read this post for more info
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=257171#p257171

It seems we're going to have problems with paragraph breaks again. I'll do some research and hopefully find a solution before June 19.

Good luck to those who have finished, and best wishes to those still writing!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 3, 2016 9:50 pm  #129

I don't think I have too much left to do as far as revisions...but I have not yet come up with a title, so that's something I still need to finish doing.

Clueing for looks.

June 4, 2016 9:59 am  #130

It sounds like a few more of you are nearly ready to submit your fics, great work guys 

By the way, you're welcome to include a summary, tags, or a note to your recipient with your story.
But I was thinking, would it also be a good idea to include content ratings, relationships/pairings etc. at the start of each story, so that people other than the intended recipient can decide if they want to read it or not? Here's what they use on AO3:

Content Ratings: General Audiences, Teen and Up Audiences, Mature. (The highest rating on AO3 is Explicit, but we won't need that rating)
Relationships, Pairings, Orientations: F/F, M/M, F/M, Gen (no romantic or sexual relationships, or relationships which are not the main focus of the work), Multi, Other.
Content Warnings: For violence, character death, trigger warnings etc.

What does everyone think?

June 4, 2016 10:02 am  #131

I think it is a good idea. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 4, 2016 10:07 am  #132

Oh, and if it doesn't spoil anything, perhaps we should indicate which characters are paired?

Edit: I guess instead of putting F/M, F/F, M/M or whatever, it would make sense just to write (for example) Sherlock/John, Lestrade/Molly etc.

Last edited by ukaunz (June 4, 2016 10:24 am)

June 4, 2016 10:39 am  #133

It is a good idea but in my case I would prefer not to give away the pairing since it would be a bit of a spoiler. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 4, 2016 10:51 am  #134

Okay, so I guess in that case you would just put M/M or F/M or whatever, or would that still be a spoiler? I'm just thinking about how to indicate to people what sort of story it is so they can choose whether to read it or not.

Anyone else have any ideas?

June 4, 2016 12:05 pm  #135

Maybe everybody should be free to tag their fic as they deem right. For my fic, certain information would help enjoying it but it would be a pity if a surprise would be spoiled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 4, 2016 12:15 pm  #136

Okay, sounds fair enough. Seems to have worked well in the past

June 4, 2016 4:50 pm  #137

I think it's OK if we do it depending on how much information we don't mind being revealed at the beginning.

I don't mind adding it. In my case, I don't think it's a spoiler. Although I am not always sure exactly what rating to give.

Last edited by Yitzock (June 4, 2016 4:50 pm)

Clueing for looks.

June 4, 2016 6:35 pm  #138

I think we should.  Since I will not read slash, this will tell me which stories I can safely read.

June 4, 2016 6:47 pm  #139

I don't mind tagging my story for pairing, rating and so forth, so no problem here. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 4, 2016 6:48 pm  #140

ukaunz wrote:

* Story content must be suitable for this forum (no higher than a Mature rating), therefore no explicit sex scenes or graphic descriptions of gore/violence. If you would like to write a more explicit version of your story, this can be posted on AO3 with warnings.

I think every story will be Safe to read, kgreen. :-)

Board footera