BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2016 1:41 pm  #81

Re: Marvellous Midyear Fic Exchange 2016

I think your judgement call is not the worst one you could make.
If Jawn comes back and doesn't have anyone else assigned to her prompt, do you think you would be able to write her fic yourself?

Whatever happens, I am excited to get started!

Clueing for looks.

April 24, 2016 9:12 pm  #82

Vhanja, if you want to join PM me and I will send you the questionnaire soon. I'm on my mobile at McDonalds so will do it when I get home. You'll have to be very quick coz I told Schmiezi I would send out prompts today :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 24, 2016 9:23 pm  #83

PM sent.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 24, 2016 10:04 pm  #84

The questionnaire is waiting for your responses Vhanja, you can just scrape in before the closing date 

Yitzock wrote:

I think your judgement call is not the worst one you could make.
If Jawn comes back and doesn't have anyone else assigned to her prompt, do you think you would be able to write her fic yourself?

Thanks Yitzock. I've been toying with joining in, but I have trouble with coming up with ideas and I think I would just stress for 8 weeks and possibly have nothing to show for it. I might set myself the task of writing something in case we need a spare story, but don't hold me to it 

Last edited by ukaunz (April 25, 2016 4:34 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 24, 2016 10:17 pm  #85

Alright, fair enough. It seems like you can handling the situation just fine.

Clueing for looks.

April 25, 2016 4:42 am  #86

I was just thinking it would be very helpful if participants Subscribed to this forum topic, and also set their private messages to "Notify me by email when I have a new private message" so that we can keep in touch and not lose anyone in the coming weeks 

April 25, 2016 9:07 am  #87

Prompt received, time to start planning! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

April 25, 2016 9:18 am  #88

I have finished sending out the prompts, hopefully everyone receives them ok. Let me know if there are any problems.

Good luck, everybody! Don't forget to check in here now and then, tell us how you're going

April 25, 2016 9:24 am  #89

Didn't read the whole thread. Just curious... is there a deadline?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 25, 2016 9:31 am  #90

I've asked for stories to be submitted by 19 June and I'll start publishing them the following day. The very first post in the thread has all the info if you want to skip the rest of the thread 

April 25, 2016 11:35 am  #91

Prompt received. Now I really need to do some serious thinking...

:-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 25, 2016 11:49 am  #92

Same here. Lovely prompt. Will do my very best.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 25, 2016 12:42 pm  #93

My prompt looks like it's going to be a fun challenge. Time to get thinking!

Clueing for looks.

April 25, 2016 7:55 pm  #94

I'm very happy with my prompt. Brain is already buzzing like a happy little bee.

April 25, 2016 8:05 pm  #95

I think I have title (always a good starting point) and a basic idea. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 25, 2016 8:34 pm  #96

I'm glad people are happy with their prompts 

April 25, 2016 8:35 pm  #97

I got a basic idea and outline for the story too, I think. I've started writing, but it's more a simple draft at this point to get my ideas, and where the story goes, down before it all disappear. 

Team Hudders!

May 2, 2016 6:35 am  #98

Hey, how's everyone going? I'm sure you're all as busy as bees

Last edited by ukaunz (May 2, 2016 7:20 am)

May 2, 2016 6:36 am  #99

Sent you a pm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 2, 2016 6:37 am  #100

Mine is going quite well, also thanks to the wonderful prompt. 

Board footera