BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 20, 2016 7:16 am  #61

Re: Marvellous Midyear Fic Exchange 2016

Gently, if you get the inspiration, you can feel free to submit a story and I will post it as a bonus 

I'm also happy to post other extras like memes or screen cap jokes or whatever, like during the Secret Santa.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 20, 2016 12:16 pm  #62

That sounds like fun. I enjoyed the bonus stuff before.

Clueing for looks.

April 20, 2016 12:30 pm  #63

SusiGo wrote:

Still here. 

Me too. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 20, 2016 3:12 pm  #64

Let us know!

I should like to post a few more prompts, but the one I've already sent in is the one I want to see written the most.  If I send you a few more, ukaunz, would you send each one to a different writer?

April 20, 2016 4:41 pm  #65

Uhm, would you write for all those writers in return? Because only the would everybody get a fic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 20, 2016 7:34 pm  #66

Oh, in that case, forget I said anything.  One prompt is all I'll be able to handle.

April 21, 2016 5:28 am  #67

My nine year old daughter has told me that she wants to write a Sherlock story for me to post here for you all to read

Last edited by ukaunz (April 21, 2016 5:31 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 21, 2016 6:01 am  #68

ukaunz wrote:

My nine year old daughter has told me that she wants to write a Sherlock story for me to post here for you all to read

Parenting done right! :-)

April 21, 2016 6:03 am  #69

Exactly.
Even I would read that!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 21, 2016 9:09 am  #70

Schmiezi wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Still here. 

Me too. :-)

Still here too.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 21, 2016 12:58 pm  #71

ukaunz wrote:

That sounds lovely. I hope she has fun! I look forward to reading it.

Clueing for looks.

April 22, 2016 8:27 am  #72

So there are a couple of participants who haven't been online lately, I hope they remember to check in for their prompts!

Are there any other lurkers thinking about joining? I've just about got everyone paired up, but it's not too late to fit a few more in

April 24, 2016 5:29 am  #73

The prompts are due to be sent out in the next week but I have a problem. Everyone except one person has checked in here or has at least logged onto the forum recently. Jawn hasn't logged in since April 5 and as she is a new member, it's hard to know if she ever plans on coming back. I have sent her a PM with no reply so far.

It would obviously be a risk to include her in the exchange. I don't want anyone to miss out on their fic or end up writing a story for someone who has decided not to participate. I know that this has been a problem with fic exchanges before. I'm wishing I had put some sort of caveat about new members at the start, or maybe requested that everyone give me their email address, so that I contact them directly.

Anyway, at this point, I'm asking what everyone thinks I should do. Should I wait to see if we hear from her in the next week, or should I just leave her out?

April 24, 2016 9:18 am  #74

After what happened at the Christmas exchange, I would leave out Jawn. I don't like saying that but still. :-(

Or maybe we can work with a back-up fic. Maybe someone is willing to write two fics. You could send them the same prompt you send Jawn. Should Jawn not hand in a fic, the prompt giver would get a fic anyway.

BTW, any chance you'll send us the prompt soon? I'll spend lots of time on trains on Monday and Tuesday. As I don't have much freetime normally, I could really need those fourteen hours. :-D

April 24, 2016 10:06 am  #75

I agree with Schmiezi. Three weeks is quite a long time for not checking in or answering messages. Sorry, I will not have the time to write two fics but we should ensure that everyone gets a fic. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 24, 2016 11:49 am  #76

I think I'll take Jawn out of the exchange and close up the gap. If she comes back wondering why she hasn't been included, I'll give her the prompt I was originally going to assign her. Someone will end up with two fics if they're lucky.

I don't think there will be any late joiners, so I can probably send out everyone's prompts tomorrow (about 12 hours from now). Hope this helps fill in your time on the train, Schmiezi

April 24, 2016 12:01 pm  #77

Brilliant! <3

I am soooo looking forward to getting started. Thank you for organizing!!!

April 24, 2016 12:08 pm  #78

I just realised the only problem with my plan is that Jawn will miss out on a fic if she comes back. I guess I'll work that one out if it happens.

April 24, 2016 12:37 pm  #79

Hm, I am tempted to join in. I have written one or two fics in my time, but I am certainly not a particularly skilled writer. But this does sound like fun.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 24, 2016 12:42 pm  #80

Sorry to hear about the problem with Jawn. I will already be participating in two exchanges an have a tight schedule, otherwise I would have offered to take on that prompt. Looking forward to my prompt as it is.

Board footera