BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2016 6:59 am  #401

Re: Marvellous Midyear Fic Exchange 2016

Two Holmes are Better than One

At long last I had the chance to read this excellent adventure and oh my, wow, I totally stand in awe . What a cleverly crafted, smart and funny tale this is. I loved the different voices for the two Johns/Watsons and I loved how the two Holmeses/Sherlocks immediately hit it off, each taking the other eccentricities in his stride. It was marvellous to read the reactions of both Johns to the different versions of London and of course Sherlock would know his way around the Victorian version perfectly. Watson in the supermarket was hilarious, especially that little detail of John fighting with the cash and pin machine.

Moriarty defeated by his own arrogance was another bonus.

A truly excellent casefic and the best ending to the exchange one could wish for.

July 24, 2016 7:06 am  #402

Now the authors have been revealed I would very much like to thank all the participants for the excellent and fun fics they've written and nakahara especially  for my fic which provided me with such delight. I still don't understand how she managed to put all my prompts into one fic.

Last but not least a big thank you to ukaunz for organising the exchange. I've got the impression everyone got the recipient they wanted, I certainly was delighted with my recipient's requests, and the story they wanted, once again: I was thoroughly happy with mine. The artwork was a delightful extra bonus.

Thanks, everyone!

July 24, 2016 11:20 am  #403

Thank you once again for my lovely fic, Vhanja, now that I know who is the author. It was a wonderful read. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 24, 2016 11:29 am  #404

You are more than welcome, Susi, it was great fun.

I would also like to give another big thank you to Schmiezi for my wonderful fic, it was just the kind of story I like. And to ukaunz for organizing this!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 24, 2016 11:35 am  #405

Oh, yes, of course. A very very big thank you to ukaunz for making this possible and providing all the nice fan art in between. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 24, 2016 11:40 am  #406

Thank you, lovelies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2016 11:48 am  #407

A large thank you to all participants in this exchange, for having invested so much time (and put so much of yourself in your works - obviously I don't know you enough, but it seems to me that whatever an artist creates goes into his art) and energy in this! You were all so creative...! It really was nice (much more than that, actually. Can't find the word ) getting to read all of these
A special thank-you to 'my' author, I really, really enjoyed the fic you gave me, it was oh so beautiful! Thank you, Susi! Setting it around Van Gogh's Starry Night...what a treat! Thank you again!

And of course, a big  thank you to ukaunz who organised it all and managed to overcome the various...glitch, shall we say, without losing her calm and patience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 24, 2016 1:01 pm  #408

I second (or perhaps by now third or fourth or fifth) the sentiment! Thanks ukaunz for organizing this! It was so much fun and I like the pictures you added, whether they were photos or your own lovely drawings.

Now that you have been revealed, thanks kgreen20 for filling my prompts! I did not know how you would string them together and I enjoyed reading it.

One more thing ukaunz: will you post the link to the collection on AO3 so we can add our fics to it?

Clueing for looks.

July 24, 2016 1:25 pm  #409

Now that I've got back off holiday, I'll make a start on reading these fics at last, woo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 24, 2016 7:47 pm  #410

Oooh, day or revelations finally! And some nice surprises all around! 
Very good work, everyone!

Ukaunz, this exchange was perfect and you organised it flawlessly. I applaud you. 

And stoertebeker, your Insomnia satisfied me to no end, because it very nicely dealt with my somewhat difficult prompt and gave me a nice case, lots of Johnlocky angst and a most beautiful katharhic final scene. Thank you very much for giving me such a gift. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 24, 2016 11:43 pm  #411

Here is the URL for the collection on AO3
http://archiveofourown.org/collections/BBCSherlockFanForumMarvellousMidyearFicExchange2016

Sorry I don't have time to write up instructions at the moment, I will get to it soon I promise. If you're too impatient, it should be fairly easy to work it out

Btw, if anyone wants me to do a last typo check on their fic before they post it to AO3, I'd be happy to

Last edited by ukaunz (July 24, 2016 11:44 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 25, 2016 12:18 am  #412

Yitzock wrote:

I second (or perhaps by now third or fourth or fifth) the sentiment! Thanks ukaunz for organizing this! It was so much fun and I like the pictures you added, whether they were photos or your own lovely drawings.

Now that you have been revealed, thanks kgreen20 for filling my prompts! I did not know how you would string them together and I enjoyed reading it.

One more thing ukaunz: will you post the link to the collection on AO3 so we can add our fics to it?

I'm glad you liked it, Yitzock.  Thanks!  And Sherlock Holmes, thank you so much for filling my prompt!

July 25, 2016 5:20 pm  #413

ukaunz wrote:

Here is the URL for the collection on AO3
http://archiveofourown.org/collections/BBCSherlockFanForumMarvellousMidyearFicExchange2016

Sorry I don't have time to write up instructions at the moment, I will get to it soon I promise. If you're too impatient, it should be fairly easy to work it out

Btw, if anyone wants me to do a last typo check on their fic before they post it to AO3, I'd be happy to

I have posted my fic in the collection (after doing another check for typos etc as I saw there were still a few when it was posted here), just waiting for moderation.

(Oh, and Susi, I could only dedicate it to you in the Notes, as I couldn't find you as a AO3 user under that nick).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 25, 2016 6:09 pm  #414

Added mine to the collection as well

(I know I still have to read (and comment, obviously) Two Holmes Are Better Than One, do not worry, I will!! )

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 26, 2016 2:24 pm  #415

I look forward to seeing all of our stories posted on AO3 (and on Fanfiction.net, as well!).  I'll post mine very soon.

July 26, 2016 4:01 pm  #416

Most of us here don't really use FF.net much anymore, I think.

Clueing for looks.

July 26, 2016 4:58 pm  #417

Maybe not, but some of us do.

July 27, 2016 2:17 pm  #418

I posted mine today and added it to the group as well. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7600642

July 27, 2016 2:32 pm  #419

And thank you again for the fic

July 28, 2016 12:43 am  #420

I'm getting ready to post mine.

Board footera