BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2016 10:36 am  #1

Naples '44 - Benedict is the voice of Norman Lewis

I just stumbled across this on imdb:

Naples '44 (documentary) - currently filming, due to be released this year.
A British Intelligence Officer in Naples at the end of World War II: Norman Lewis’s acknowledged masterpiece about a war-torn city and its unforgettable humanity.

The documentary is based on the memoirs/diary of Norman Lewis (available from Amazon etc.) titled Naples '44: A World War II Diary of Occupied Italy
“As a young intelligence officer stationed in Naples following its liberation from Nazi forces, Norman Lewis recorded the lives of a proud and vibrant people forced to survive on prostitution, thievery, and a desperate belief in miracles and cures. Naples ‘44 is a landmark poetic study of the agony of wartime occupation and its ability to bring out the worst, and often the best, in human nature.”

I hope this documentary will see a worldwide release, it sounds as fascinating as Benedict's Letters Live work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 10, 2016 11:44 am  #2

Re: Naples '44 - Benedict is the voice of Norman Lewis

Thank you for posting. This seems like a wonderful project for Benedict. I hope it will become widely available. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 10, 2016 4:08 pm  #3

Re: Naples '44 - Benedict is the voice of Norman Lewis

That sounds wonderful! Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera