BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 6, 2016 1:17 pm  #21

Re: John's blog and its connection with the show (including TAB)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 6, 2016 11:05 pm  #22

I just knew someone clever would dig up the real Jacob Sowersby. So he's comedian Tom Allen? That clip of him reading Fifty Shades was very funny

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 29, 2016 5:50 pm  #23

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 29, 2016 5:50 pm  #24

This is a bit sad. The end of an era indeed. 

December 29, 2016 6:04 pm  #25

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 29, 2016 6:08 pm  #26

I thought about it and came to this conclusion:

What I love about ending the blog is this - it ends with Sherlock being completely frustrated about John’s wedding. This is the emotional explosion after having suppressed his feelings throughout the planning stages and the wedding itself. This is what will remain - Sherlock’s hurt and anger about John marrying someone else. Time for a new chapter in a different medium.

December 29, 2016 6:38 pm  #27

SusiGo wrote:

I thought about it and came to this conclusion:

What I love about ending the blog is this - it ends with Sherlock being completely frustrated about John’s wedding. This is the emotional explosion after having suppressed his feelings throughout the planning stages and the wedding itself. This is what will remain - Sherlock’s hurt and anger about John marrying someone else. Time for a new chapter in a different medium.

I like that thought, Susi!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 29, 2016 6:46 pm  #28

*sobs* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 30, 2016 10:52 am  #29

I would have preferred if it had stayed the way it was. Then it could have been continued at some point.

i wonder what would bring John Watson to stop writing his blog though. Maybe it's a hint. Maybe he has more sinister things to do now.   

Last edited by Whisky (December 30, 2016 10:53 am)

"It is what it is."

December 30, 2016 6:00 pm  #30

Yes, it's interesting that they should get rid, because it has been mentioned in the show several times, including in the most recent episode.   It does make me excited that they might be doing something new and interesting instead.

December 30, 2016 11:39 pm  #31

As long as they don't take the blog down; I want it to stay up.  And I'd like it even better if they would, at some point, decide to add to it once more.

December 31, 2016 9:16 am  #32

We need it, for evidence!

December 31, 2016 10:21 am  #33

Why should they take it down? It has remained unchanged for years and you can even find the videos on YouTube.

Board footera