BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2016 10:22 am  #1

Mycroft's Austrian connection

Um, hi. This is awkward

I'm very new to the fandom. I began watching the show only two weeks ago after deciding that my life-work balance needed a splash of color, and Sherlock sounded like a show right up my alley.

While I enjoyed the first season a lot for its humor and flamboyance, I became really involved during S2 and spent a lot of time catching up on trivia, extras, interviews etc. last week. It went downhill from there.

I had to wait for like 5 days (ha, ha! does that even count as a wait in this fandom?) for the Victorian special with the image of almost crying Sherlock on the plane etched into my retinas, and while I'm glad I got my resolution yesterday, I'm sort of dreading the year to come till the next season aires.

So here I am - a lurker with an itch to contribute to the discussion
As for the actual introduction... I'm a Russian living in Austria, a financial analyst and a mom, a sci-fi fangirl with an old love for Khan, and a crafter/cosplayer with my Sherlock wig already in the mail

Last edited by ewige (January 2, 2016 10:39 am)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 2, 2016 10:23 am  #2

Re: Mycroft's Austrian connection

Warm welcome - make yourself comfortable! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 2, 2016 10:40 am  #3

Harriet wrote:

Warm welcome - make yourself comfortable!

Thank you
I made myself at home already, what with the avatar and signature and stuff

-----

January 2, 2016 12:21 pm  #4

Hi, ewige, take it easy, okay? Your timing is a bit not good, your mind could explode from the overdose.  I know the feeling when you have the feeling to catch up on everything. But you will - it doesn't have to be today!
Ah, and welcome to the Dark Side!

January 2, 2016 7:39 pm  #5

JP wrote:

Hi, ewige, take it easy, okay? Your timing is a bit not good, your mind could explode from the overdose.  I know the feeling when you have the feeling to catch up on everything. But you will - it doesn't have to be today!
Ah, and welcome to the Dark Side!

Thank you, I'm thoroughly enjoying the Dark Side's cookies
All the discussions here are the best way to cope with the emotional OD.

-----

January 2, 2016 7:50 pm  #6

Welcome, ewige, what a way to start here! Have lots of fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 2, 2016 9:00 pm  #7

Hello

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

January 2, 2016 10:08 pm  #8

A very good time to join. Welcome to the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 2, 2016 10:34 pm  #9

Hi guys! Thank you for the warm welcome!

-----

January 4, 2016 7:23 am  #10

Welcome ewige. What a great time to join the fandom. Grab some cookies or wine or fanfics or whatever, and make yourself comfortable while waiting with us for another year.

And welcome Moth. Feel free to open your own indroduction thread. People might miss you otherwise.

Last edited by Schmiezi (January 4, 2016 7:23 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 15, 2016 10:50 pm  #11

Evening ewige, a warm welcome to the forum -an excellent choice- and to the Fandom-that-waited -a very excellent choice
Have fun, and enjoy!

-Lily

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 19, 2016 9:13 am  #12

Welcome to the forum! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera