BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2016 5:30 pm  #841

Re: The Abominable Bride (for those who have seen it)

I wouldn't say that the cult should be Mary's sisters.   Being pro-emancipation doesn't mean she should support murdering men who wrong women.   I do see that there was probably some infiltration and deception involved (she's a secret agent after all).  And this is Sherlock's mind palace (I know we all know that!) so it's more a case of him using her special attributes (including her sex) to help him work something out.  But yes, interesting point about her setting things in motion. 

June 17, 2016 1:19 pm  #842

TAB nominated for Emmy 2016 in quite a few categories. 

http://www.emmys.com/ballots/2016

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

June 17, 2016 3:11 pm  #843

Which ones?

Edit: I am not at home and can't openly the link. Now I an soooo curious!

Last edited by Schmiezi (June 17, 2016 3:12 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 17, 2016 3:17 pm  #844

These are the ballots. I think people can choose their favourites from these and those will become the nominees. I just had a look. Benedict and Martin are both eligible. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 17, 2016 3:22 pm  #845

That's great and would be well deserved in both cases. <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 17, 2016 4:06 pm  #846

Any nominations would be well deserved.  TAB was a work of art.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 17, 2016 4:12 pm  #847

I agree.  Looking forward to see how it all plays out.  Though I didn't know that the ballots would be public online.

Last edited by Yitzock (June 17, 2016 4:14 pm)

Clueing for looks.

June 17, 2016 6:25 pm  #848

I'm just about to watch it again and yes, I love it!
Hope it does well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 30, 2017 7:48 pm  #849

Liberty wrote:

Here's the Bride's song, if anybody is interested (obviously, I was!):

It's kind of an odd song to sing at a wedding and an odd thing to sing when killing somebody ("Do not forget me"?  He doesn't have a chance to!).   I wonder why that song was chosen?   I suppose it maybe is a little more appropriate for the bride to sing before she kills herself ... and maybe (as it's in Sherlock's mind palace), the "Do not forget me" is directed ultimately at Sherlock.   The song does seem to be about thinking about a girl who is long dead.

Sorry for reviving something ancient, but this was just going through my mind.  I was wondering if, as this is Sherlock's subconscious, it's maybe partly a hint to himself about Eurus.  I'm sure Moftiss said that they knew where they were going with S4 when they filmed TAB (and were trying to keep it secret!). 

It was actually the "Miss me" discussion in the other thread that put this in my mind.  That "Miss Me?" was ultimately a message from Eurus, via Moriarty.  Which brought me back to "Do not forget me" - perhaps a little bit of Sherlock's subconscious actually picking up on that, but not quite seeing it through. 

Also, like Emelia, Eurus is yet another person with a faked death (even if she wasn't the one who faked it!).    If Sherlock did remember her, he'd presumably think she was dead, as that's what his parents thought.   So maybe his subconscious was again layering on another hint that she might not be.

Last edited by Liberty (March 30, 2017 7:52 pm)

March 30, 2017 7:58 pm  #850

Interesting thoughts, Liberty!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

Board footera