BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2016 12:13 pm  #781

Re: The Abominable Bride (for those who have seen it)

Yes me too .
I think John suspected Mary's involvement , we see him on the chair wondering who Sherlock would protect , and Sherlock has left the Clair de lune perfume for John to find . So when John and Sherlock met in between scenes they must have had a Mary shot Sherlock conversation ,and John might of been wondering where Mary was ,  with Sherlock explaining Mary was coming and that John had to say silent to find out why .
How the heck could they not show that scene !

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 29, 2016 12:20 pm  #782

I never saw that John scene as something that has happened in real life for Sherlock. To me, the blend of Watson's worries about his wife with John's modern way of expressing it was to me a sign that Sherlock was about to wake up, so that his MP-world and the real world started to mix.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 29, 2016 12:32 pm  #783

Oh. I still don't think Sherlock woke up . At all . Well just for the last scene.Maybe .

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 29, 2016 1:12 pm  #784

I just need a place to moan about this... I orders my DVD I'm August... and it has now been declared 'missing in transit' what ever that means... I've opted for the refund... hoping it is still coming...

I want my DVD!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 29, 2016 2:23 pm  #785

Oh Phantom!
That's a disaster!
Intolerable!!!
I can so understand your frustration...

*goes to put the kettle on, because tea is a miracle cure*

how do you mean, that's an awful lot of exclamation marks...?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 29, 2016 4:33 pm  #786

I would tell them to cancel and just reorder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 31, 2016 3:23 pm  #787

Don't know if any of you guys noticed this, or perhaps it was just me, but I felt that Benedict's lisp was more pronounced in TAB than anything else I've seen him in. I know he's said that the lisp becomes a bit pronounced when he's tired, and you can sometimes hear it (For instance, in the best man speech - "bravest, kindest and wisest human being...").

However, when I first saw the proper TAB trailer, I felt I could hear it a lot more. Especially in the monolgue-type lines.

"The curtain rises"
"Every great cause has martyrs"
"I have to finish this"

Anyone else notice this, or is it just in my head?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 31, 2016 3:25 pm  #788

Could some of the later ones be him trying to act drugged?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 31, 2016 3:58 pm  #789

I thought that too, Vhanja.   I like his lisp, so I was quite happy!

January 31, 2016 4:01 pm  #790

I do like it as well. It's a good possibility that he could have done it on purpose though. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 31, 2016 4:04 pm  #791

I know I've said before, I've rarely noticed the lisp.
What I've noticed more is the occasional poor annunciation of lines.
Partly because of his deep voice, I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 31, 2016 4:19 pm  #792

Good that it's not just me. Made me wonder if he was partiuclarly weary or tired during the TAB shooting.
Could be deliberate, but not sure why? 

Team Hudders!

January 31, 2016 4:22 pm  #793

I think he could have been tired...
He certainly would have been for the best man's speech in TSOT, he's said how difficult it was.
It's in HOB I hear it and again, he's said in interview, well actually how wired he was- that was the nicotine poisoning episode! Though I think it did keep him awake.

January 31, 2016 4:26 pm  #794

Nicotine poisoning?

Team Hudders!

January 31, 2016 4:28 pm  #795

Yes, the night before he gave his big HOB speech, they were also filming the smoking in the morgue scene from SIB and they had to redo it so many times Benedict said he felt he had nicotine poisoning and it kept him awake all night.

Last edited by besleybean (January 31, 2016 4:29 pm)

January 31, 2016 4:30 pm  #796

Oh, didn't know that. Poor guy .

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that they used herbal cigarettes for that smoking scene. But after X amount of takes, Ben refused them and wanted to use real cigarettes instead (as he was still smoking at the time).

Team Hudders!

January 31, 2016 4:33 pm  #797

The only other times I've heard them discuss the smoking was:
1. Again in HOB, Russell said he had the herbal things as they're not allowed to smoke in the studio set.
2. Mycroft and Sherlock being caught smoking by Mummy Holmes: Mark had herbal, Benedict insisted on real.

January 31, 2016 4:46 pm  #798

See I never noticed he has a lisp... And the thing about the nicotine poisoning is no fun... Poor lad.

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

January 31, 2016 4:47 pm  #799

Should have smoked herbals only!

January 31, 2016 5:54 pm  #800

besleybean wrote:

Should have smoked herbals only!

Actors love to suffer for their art... funny creatures...

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

Board footera