BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2016 8:12 am  #741

Re: The Abominable Bride (for those who have seen it)

I just stumbled upon a new "secret twin" theory on tumblr
http://beewilde.tumblr.com/post/137415530033/waitingforgarridebs-yesilian-re-could-it-be

Interesting that they actually spelled out Harry's age on the blog... Like they want us to notice.
Could John and Harry really be twins? Is this why we haven't seen her so far? Will we get Martin in drag sometime soon?

Last edited by ukaunz (January 19, 2016 8:15 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 19, 2016 8:24 am  #742

Oooh! Martin would be cute in a dress and a pair of heels! 

Who knows if the 'It's never twins!!' thing was a red herring. lol 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 19, 2016 8:45 am  #743

And either he'd say "But I'm a sex symbol", like he did for the stache, or he would just laugh along with it -it's not like (a lot of?) men have fun dressing up as a woman (yes, Ben, I am looking at you :-P).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 19, 2016 8:47 am  #744

Oh, and a thought struck me last night : do you think that Mycroft has a heart condition and that Sherlock suspects it, given how they bet on his life expectancy in Sherlock's Mind Palace?
Or am I thinking too much here?

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 19, 2016 4:41 pm  #745

I just think he thought that Mycroft's obesity and inactivity were inevitably going to bring health problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 20, 2016 5:32 am  #746

Lilythiell wrote:

Oh, and a thought struck me last night : do you think that Mycroft has a heart condition and that Sherlock suspects it, given how they bet on his life expectancy in Sherlock's Mind Palace?
Or am I thinking too much here?

Sounds plausible to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 20, 2016 2:34 pm  #747

I think maybe Sherlock thinking about Mycroft risking his life and maybe dieing is Sherlock remembering Mycroft going undercover and doing legwork ( despite being fat /lazy) and rescuing him from the eastern Europe compound. Tick tock is the excuse Mycroft used being the terrorist bomb , but later in the mp Sherlock reasons Mycroft did it because of sentiment , the scene on the plane being a bit of a re run of Christmas and Mycroft saying how anything happening to Sherlock would break his heart. Think a lot of the mp is about Sherlock working out other peoples and Sherlocks own sentiments.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 25, 2016 11:32 pm  #748

I'm late to this. Didn't have time before... Saw TAB last week on DVD.
I really really liked it. My expectations were not too high, but in the end, the Special really got to me. I loved it. I think I prefer present time, but for a one-off, it was perfect. This might sound stupid, but I loved the fact it was mind palace. I loved how Sherlock Holmes is timeless, out of his time, that was my favourite line. And Molly, amazing.
This is a terribly short review, because there was so much, but that's just my first impression.
Also, this bride sing-song is totally stuck in my head. it was pleasantly scary this episode.

Last edited by Whisky (January 25, 2016 11:33 pm)

"It is what it is."

January 26, 2016 3:29 am  #749

I'm glad you got to finally see TAB Whisky

Here's a funny post on tumblr imagining the instructions Gatiss might have given the actors before filming TAB:
http://deducingbbcsherlock.tumblr.com/post/138061325184/gatiss-okay-guys-this-special-is-complicated-but

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 26, 2016 6:49 am  #750

Chortle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 26, 2016 7:32 am  #751

Hahaha for some reason I van actually imagine this!

... I'm still waiting on my DVD. I'm not happy with the mailing system right now

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 26, 2016 7:46 am  #752

ukaunz wrote:

Here's a funny post on tumblr imagining the instructions Gatiss might have given the actors before filming TAB:
http://deducingbbcsherlock.tumblr.com/post/138061325184/gatiss-okay-guys-this-special-is-complicated-but

Absolutely hilarious (and so accurate)!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 26, 2016 8:29 am  #753

First thing I saw in the morning. Made my day. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2016 9:08 am  #754

Lol, awesome summary!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2016 2:58 pm  #755

I love that! This is how it all happened! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 26, 2016 5:53 pm  #756

Hahahaha, hilarious

"I will be wearing a fat suit."

January 26, 2016 7:06 pm  #757

Wow! Really good meta about TAB, especially about the Reichenbach scene. I don´t agree with everything written inside, but it has interesting thoughts on Mary, Sherlock´s "forgiveness" of her, guns and John´s role in the narrative:

http://plaidadder.tumblr.com/post/137311859539/sherlocks-dreamwork-the-reichenbach-retcon-part

http://plaidadder.tumblr.com/post/137360760914/the-reichenbach-retcon-part-ii

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 26, 2016 7:58 pm  #758

This was great too - the role of Moriarty in TAB. Very persuasive:

http://plaidadder.tumblr.com/post/137078404414/sherlocks-dreamwork-a-higher-standard

January 28, 2016 8:59 am  #759

Reichenbach Scene as the key element of TAB and a turning step in Sherlock´s and John´s relationship:

http://therealmartinsgrrrl.tumblr.com/post/136536049181/the-mp-waterfall-scene-is-the-key-to-the-entire

January 28, 2016 11:50 am  #760

I'll read that later today. Promise ;)

Board footera