BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2016 9:38 pm  #701

Re: The Abominable Bride (for those who have seen it)

Yes. This happened to my brother in rural enland about 35 years ago. A teacher refused to let him write left handed as he was naturally  complaining he would smear the ink-, fountain pens . Later she and the old biddies gossiped that the word sinister means left handed and springs from lucifer being at the left hand of god before he fell , also mentioned in Miltons Paradise lost about gods red right hand ( bloody ) .
My brother still is very awkward using scissors or opening tins and writing and moans about this happening to him . Bit of a family joke that he is from the devil.
Very wierd if this is true about John . Fascinating.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 11, 2016 9:40 pm  #702

Exactly this, Moth.
Glad you said it and not me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2016 10:08 pm  #703

I have always written with my left hand but I can do everything else with right or left.

Guess I'm just an odd duck.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 11, 2016 10:09 pm  #704

I have always written with my left hand but I can do everything else with right or left.

Guess I'm just an odd duck.   

Now, TOPIC!!

What do we think of that episode they gave us on New Years Day.????

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 13, 2016 4:00 am  #705

Via madlori's tumblr, I give her all the credit for this. Made me giggle, thought it might you guys too.

• Andrew: So Moffat! What's up for me?
  • Moffat: We're putting you in a wedding dress and you will lick pistols
  • Andrew: ...
  • Moffat: ...
  • Andrew: I love it

January 13, 2016 4:40 am  #706

You know he did!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 13, 2016 6:48 am  #707

I wouldn't really like to speculate on specifics with members of the Sherlock team.
But they have all stated in public that they love doing the show.
Who can blame them?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2016 7:48 am  #708

Lmao. I can totally imagine that conversation and a twinkle in Andrews eyes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 13, 2016 9:59 am  #709

lol that too.  The extras are funny also . B.C. stripping .

Does anyone else think Archies mum and John's maid look very similar , or known the actresses name.?

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 13, 2016 10:33 am  #710

According to IMDB: Helen Bradbury played Archie's mum. Stephanie Hyam played the maid Jane.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 13, 2016 11:18 pm  #711

Thanks ukaunz.
Did think of imdb but thought they would not be listed as so small parts.
Ty.

January 15, 2016 9:44 pm  #712

Mary was able to hack MI5 to find out about Emilia Ricoletti, which seemed a strange thing for them to keep in their records. Is this because MI5 keeps a database of ways in which a person might be able to fake their death believably? Mycroft and Sherlock were certainly able to come up with a lot of possible options for Sherlock's fall.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 16, 2016 11:21 am  #713

Closeup photos of the contact lenses Mark wore for Victorian!Mycroft
http://teaandforeshadowing.tumblr.com/post/137393760963/dreamandsmileblog

January 16, 2016 11:27 am  #714

ukaunz wrote:

Impressive!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 16, 2016 12:46 pm  #715

Was this for some reference made about the state of his eyes, with regard to his ill health?

January 16, 2016 12:54 pm  #716

"Note the discolouration in the whites of my eyes, the visible rings of fat around the corneas..."
(Credit goes to Ariane of course, whose transcripts make it so easy to find quotes )

Last edited by ukaunz (January 16, 2016 12:57 pm)

January 16, 2016 12:57 pm  #717

That's the one!

January 16, 2016 1:28 pm  #718

Lovely to have these pics, they were on my To-Find-List, too. Thanks! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 16, 2016 2:47 pm  #719

That's very cool.  I hadn't really noticed that specific detail, even though I knew he looked very different.

Clueing for looks.

January 16, 2016 8:50 pm  #720

ukaunz wrote:

Wonderful!  And of course something that Sherlock would "detect"! 

I think there's a lot about the relationship between the brothers in TAB.  Sherlock betting on Mycroft's death is quite sinister, even though I like to think he loves him in "real life". 

Board footera