BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2016 10:52 pm  #21

Re: The Abominable Bride (for those who have seen it)

Molly! It took me a few moments to recognise her!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 1, 2016 10:53 pm  #22

I thought: With all the references, this will us take decades to analyse! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 1, 2016 10:55 pm  #23

Gosh. I need to bring hankerchiefs for my friend at the cinema tomorrow. And probably some padding on my arm for all the times she's going to gra  it when she wants to squeal!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 1, 2016 10:56 pm  #24

I can't sleep after this!!!! I'm in heaven

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

January 1, 2016 10:56 pm  #25

I love it! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 1, 2016 11:00 pm  #26

Quite confused as well. I had at least 5 theories that I all discarded one after one when the frame story changed.
Including, that Moriarty used the same methods as the bride to survive... but currently my brain is just a puddle. I will rewatch the shit out of this but want simultaneously immediate answers to so many questions. Gwa. I need a Mind Palace (even though I am not sure anymore if I want one).
Also I did not know that would say in retrospect that I experienced certain aspects of interpersonal communication in S1-3 as neglected that could be found here (e.g. emotional insights to the Holmes brothers relationship).
Many new aspects and shades to think about and amazing acting, as always. I was hypercritical before I saw it and now I feel like a right arse.

January 1, 2016 11:00 pm  #27

I love it too. It was (even) more than I hoped for.

Need to watch it again ten times tomorrow.

Last edited by Schmiezi (January 1, 2016 11:01 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 1, 2016 11:01 pm  #28

"Moriarty is dead. And I know what he does next."

January 1, 2016 11:01 pm  #29

I need to try to sleep...

But I wasn't wrong. I actually do need to watch this a million times!

I believe you can find new stuff in this episode for years after.

I know why I love this show.

And one thing.  My heart completely shattered when I saw modern Mycrofts notebook and saw 'Redbeard' when he collected the list. Is he blaming himself for his little brothers state??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 1, 2016 11:04 pm  #30

I'm writing this before having read any of the posts:

I'm blown away. Utterly blown away. This was way, way better than I could ever imagine. And I remember so well a fan over at Tumblr who posted weeks ago her theory about the entire episode being in Sherlock's Mind Palace - and me rolling my eyes at the screen silently telling fans to stop overanalyzing everything.

Oh. My. God. This episode has left me with a much better cliffhanger for next season than HLV ever did. 

I will post a better review and analyzes once my mind is less blown and I can be more coherent.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 1, 2016 11:05 pm  #31

All those references. I imagine that I heard "Redbeard" also in one scene after John and Sherlocks "private talk" but I could certainly be wrong.

January 1, 2016 11:05 pm  #32

DavidM1337 wrote:

I need to start a new thread purely about that line.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 1, 2016 11:07 pm  #33

And what do you think he does next ? I'm so curious , it can't be over

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

January 1, 2016 11:07 pm  #34

Think on this.

Sherlock was high in the tarmac scene.  He had to get high to say goodbye to John.
And it seems he planned to OD rather than suffer the last 6 months of his life without John.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 1, 2016 11:08 pm  #35

a_maze wrote:

All those references. I imagine that I heard "Redbeard" also in one scene after John and Sherlocks "private talk" but I could certainly be wrong.

No, I heard it too. It was as they spotted the glowing "ghost" for the first time. 

And that "private talk" was awesome, for several reasons:

1. Interestingly enough, Watson seens more at ease talking about emotions and more upfront about it than John is.
2. This all happened in Sherlock's Mind Palace - so why would he have that conversation?
3. Why did that conversation make Sherlock so uncomfortable?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 1, 2016 11:08 pm  #36

When can we reasonably start posting other threads about this d'you think? When will everyone else have seen it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 1, 2016 11:09 pm  #37

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

DavidM1337 wrote:

I need to start a new thread purely about that line.

Please let it be a follow-up thread to this one. Please :D.

January 1, 2016 11:11 pm  #38

I'm so frustrated right now coz I didn't understand fully the talk .. O__O

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

January 1, 2016 11:11 pm  #39

I also remember somebody linked to a convincing post about suffragettes - amongst other things, somebody had noticed that the people in the pointy hats seemed to be women.  That was a good catch!

I did spot Molly right away, but I think I expected it to be her - found it hard to believe Sherlock wouldn't notice but (a) it was his mind palace, not real life and (b) it was probably a reference to him not noticing things about Molly previously!

Like some of you, I've also recommended this episode to people who haven't seen the others, thinking it would be a good stand-alone one.  Although I loved it, I think it would be confusing for anybody who wasn't familiar with the series and even with the books to some extent (so many references and allusions!).  I do feel bad about suggesting it now, and I wish I'd insisted on people catching up with the other episodes first ... apart from anything else, there were loads of spoilers. 

January 1, 2016 11:13 pm  #40

There are so many references - to Doyle, to movies, to the series itself... it's a geek's heaven!

Team Hudders!

Board footera