BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2016 7:18 pm  #221

Re: The Abominable Bride (for those who have seen it)

Ok, so I originally came back on here to ask: does anybody know if we will get a commentary on the dvd?
Boy do I want a commentary!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 2, 2016 7:18 pm  #222

silverblaze wrote:

Liberty wrote:

Could be.  The animated corpse is clearly not real, despite being present day, which kind of makes that whole lead up seem to be mind palace. 

No, the first present day scene is real when he wakes up in the plane. The second is dream: he wakes up in a bed and they go to the graveyard, then he realises he's still in a dream. The last one is real again, he's back in the plane. 

The last scene in Baker Street I thought was just a little gift from the moftiss to mess with our heads, especially with the shots of the present day street. 

Yes, I agree - there's really no point in making the whole thing mind palace.  We'd still have the same information about Sherlock's conclusions - it wouldn't add anything. 

January 2, 2016 7:25 pm  #223

besleybean wrote:

Ok, so I originally came back on here to ask: does anybody know if we will get a commentary on the dvd?
Boy do I want a commentary!

No commentary in the description, sadly.  I too would love a commentary!  I have the DVD(s) on pre-order, but will probably end up buying again if there's a special edition with commentary.

January 2, 2016 7:29 pm  #224

Given that's what happened for...well, every single series so far, I'm pretty much bound to do so as well.

I couldn't agree more, we NEED a commentary.
Not as badly as we do series 4, but...it'd be a nice fix.

Far from me to insult anyone in using that term. I don't know if all of you would view themselves as addicts -I do, ever since I started realising that it Sherlock was all I could talk and think about. And that people told me -nicely, but still.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 2, 2016 7:32 pm  #225

I think we are dedicated followers of a top quality show...
Incidentally, I will stamp my feet and scream if I don't get a  commentary somewhere and sometime!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 2, 2016 7:33 pm  #226

What I loved the most apart from the relationships between the characters and "Hooper" bossing Anderson around was the humor in between- when Sherlock adressed Wilder in sign language for example I nearly wet myself! I haven't laughed so hard in a looooong time, and what's more- once more, I fell in love with Sherlock all over again...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

January 2, 2016 7:35 pm  #227

besleybean wrote:

I think we are dedicated followers of a top quality show...
Incidentally, I will stamp my feet and scream if I don't get a  commentary somewhere and sometime!

Huh. I like the euphemism :D
May I use it, from time to time?

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 2, 2016 7:36 pm  #228

I was never out of love with Sherlock...
But yes, we need S4 more than anything!
Will I get through this year?
Let's hope for some good setlock!

@Lily...be my guest! 

Last edited by besleybean (January 2, 2016 7:39 pm)

January 2, 2016 7:39 pm  #229

We will. All the meta we have...if that's not food for thought, I don't know what is.
Another thing I hope will be on the dvd is the special features TPTB granted us lucky ones who saw it in the cinema.

January 2, 2016 7:42 pm  #230

JP wrote:

You all are so quick. I can't keep the pace! Don't you need to sleep?

Sleeping is overrated.
And anyway, how could anyone sleep after that?

January 2, 2016 7:42 pm  #231

@ Lily.They have to be...it's 2 discs!
If we're not getting a commentary, I assume the 2nd disc is the special features.

Last edited by besleybean (January 2, 2016 7:43 pm)

January 2, 2016 7:47 pm  #232

That's true enough

January 2, 2016 7:50 pm  #233

besleybean wrote:

I was never out of love with Sherlock...

I wasn't either, it just keeps getting more and more...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

January 2, 2016 8:01 pm  #234

January 2, 2016 8:13 pm  #235

Love the not so excellent reflexes in that link!

This is the description of the second disc:
Bonus disc with over an hour of extras:
Mark Gatiss: A Study in Sherlock
Mark Gatiss: Production Diary
Creating the Look – 8 inside looks at how this unique Special was created
Writers’ interview
The creators of Sherlock answer questions from Sherlock’s #1 fan site

I'm looking forward to the writers' interview in particular, but would have loved to have a commentary, and maybe some deleted scenes and bloopers. 

January 2, 2016 8:18 pm  #236

So it sounds quite good...
But I still want a commentary!

January 2, 2016 8:21 pm  #237

Oh, and the Amazon digital version has A Study in Sherlock, Creating the Abominable Bride and The Sherlock Interviews.  (So not quite as much as the extras DVD). 

January 2, 2016 8:36 pm  #238

Oh...I am such a technophobe.
I just ordered the dvd from Amazon!

January 2, 2016 8:42 pm  #239

Ok. I didn't manage reading all of this. I don't know what I've been thinking being THAT late to the party.
Anyway, in general I seem to agree to the most of you.
It was confusing, I needed at least another round (with subtitles this time) to understand a BIT more what's been happening there.
Ah yes, and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
Some things I noted right away. But I lot I didn't. I read it here and am truely fascinated. So keep it coming!

Ah... @Bruce Cook: I'm sure this episode was to END the discussion if Moriarty is dead or not. He is dead. But you never know, what he prepared. That's what Sherlock said (in a funny way) in the end.

Now I have to check the other threads. *sweats*

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 2, 2016 8:44 pm  #240

Oh, me too, and I already had the DVD on order.  But I'm tempted to buy digital as it looks like you can have it now rather than waiting.  And although I said there was less content, it doesn't look like that's the case - there are only three features on the digital version, but they add up to 60 minutes, whereas the DVD is described of having "over an hour" of extra features.  It sounds as if they're both the same, so I might end up cancelling my DVD order and getting the digital one (I actually find the digital one easier and less fiddly). 

Edit: I caved in just after posting, bought the digital version and am watching the extras now! 

Last edited by Liberty (January 2, 2016 8:53 pm)

Board footera