BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2015 3:43 am  #1

Here's a fanfiction suggestion, if anyone's interested.

How about a crossover fanfic between canon Sherlock Holmes and BBC Sherlock?  Say, a crossover between the Granada series universe and the BBC series universe, because the Granada series strove to be true to the Doyle stories, and it gives a face to Holmes and Watson that we can visualize.  What if something happened that brought the 2 crime-fighting teams together, and there was a very serious mystery that they had to solve?  Perhaps the modern-day Sherlock and John travel back in time to meet the 1880s Granada Holmes and Watson, and then, at some point, they all travel to 2012.  This would be pre-Hiatus for both crime-fighting teams, as well as prior to the 1880s Dr. Watson's marriage (I don't know if he ever got married in the Granada series).

Any takers?

Kathy G.

November 21, 2015 6:22 am  #2

Re: Here's a fanfiction suggestion, if anyone's interested.

There is a series that fits your describtion almost perfectly. "Beware the Jabberwock" by obsidienne on AO3. You can only read it when you're having an account there, but here is the link:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/511541

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 21, 2015 3:39 pm  #3

Unfortunately, it's a slash story, so I shall have to pass on reading it.  If there are any such stories that are not slash/Johnlock stories, I should like to check them out.  (And if there are not, alas, well, then, I would SO love for someone to write and post such a story--hint, hint!)

Last edited by kgreen20 (November 22, 2015 8:54 pm)

March 14, 2016 1:22 am  #4

Schmiezi, thanks for linking to that story, I read it a couple of days ago and loved it and I'm continuing on with the rest of the series which just gets better and better! It's one of my favourite Sherlock AU fics ever

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera