BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2012 4:13 am  #1

Animals mentioned in Sherlock

Well, there are lots of animals mentioned in Sherlock, apart from the obvious HOUND.

I'll start with "a FLY in the ointment".

Any more you've found?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 11, 2012 6:42 am  #2

Re: Animals mentioned in Sherlock

A luminous rabbit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 11, 2012 6:47 am  #3

"You think it was the cat.   It wasn't the cat."

May 11, 2012 9:28 am  #4

A goose - Blue Carbuncle

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

May 11, 2012 12:21 pm  #5

"Not much cop, this caring LARK."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 11, 2012 1:51 pm  #6

Sherlock, your big brother and all the King's horses couldn't make me do a thing I didn't want to.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 11, 2012 9:08 pm  #7

The Lucky Cat

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 11, 2012 10:29 pm  #8

Well done so far, but there are at least 7 more!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 12, 2012 7:48 am  #9

FISH!! Donovan advises John to try fishing.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 12, 2012 9:55 am  #10

Spider :-) *Even though it is an arachnid. Does it count?

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

May 12, 2012 10:02 am  #11

"James Moriarty isn’t a man at all – he’s a spider; a spider at the centre of a web..."

Of course the spider does count!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 12, 2012 1:30 pm  #12

A CRICKET and a BAT.

May 12, 2012 1:45 pm  #13

Oh, a cricket is an animal? I had to look this up...
Where does it occur btw? No, I know where crickets live, I mean in the series...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 12, 2012 6:58 pm  #14

The little boy's cricket bat in The Reichenbach Fall.

May 12, 2012 7:50 pm  #15

Davina wrote:

The little boy's cricket bat in The Reichenbach Fall.

Lol, a tenuous one at best...

May 12, 2012 8:21 pm  #16

Even more tenuous...what about when Sherlock goes hoarse after being strangled in TBB? Horse! Get 

May 12, 2012 9:42 pm  #17

Allow me to sum up all the Sherlock zoo members so far.
We have:
hound
fly
rabbit
(lucky) cat
lark
hoarse horses
fish
spider
(a not mentioned, but shown) cricket
(a not mentioned, but shown) bat
(A mysterious) goose

I have 7 more on my list plus one that sprung from my funny little German brain:
Irene Adler

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 12, 2012 10:04 pm  #18

I can't believe you actually sat there and made a list! Actually....I can believe it - you're a Sherlockian!

May 12, 2012 10:12 pm  #19

Adler- good one! Now for the rest!

May 12, 2012 10:16 pm  #20

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I can't believe you actually sat there and made a list! Actually....I can believe it - you're a Sherlockian!

Oh, I use to make lots of lists of that kind in my brain (or mind palace ) when I'm bored during waiting in a queue, when I'm without a book to read, during ironing the laundry or going to work. Sometimes I write them down, spreading them everywhere in my flat. It's fun!
And Sherlock is a great source for making lists!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera