BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2016 8:19 am  #61

Re: Zoolander 2

I'm glad everyone on here seems to be quite rational about this.
I'm really not one for boycotting films anyway, though that is certainly preferable to banning them.
But Yitzock, one of your comments did make me laugh...you know the bit about a trailer showing things that can lead us into falsely believing things?
I immediately thought of Sherlock and the first ever trailer!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2016 3:31 pm  #62

You mean the first trailer for series 1? I have never seen that, so I don't know what you mean, but if it's misleading then I am curious what you are referring to.

Clueing for looks.

January 10, 2016 3:45 pm  #63

Oh yes, it included the: 'there's another bedroom upstairs, if you'll be needing 2'....line! So began a fandom&ship!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 5, 2016 4:33 am  #64

Apparently the London premiere of this film was today and SOMEONE wasn't there.
I only know this because the Benedict blogs I follow were a little disappointed at there being no new photos.

Clueing for looks.

February 5, 2016 6:31 am  #65

I don't know why people would even think he would be there.
I assume he's working.

February 5, 2016 8:12 am  #66

Well, he did come to Star Wars premiere, and he was working as well. If he is still filming in London, it would be feasible so yes, I feel a bit disappointed as well, since it has been looooong time we last saw him as himself - last time was Graham Norton show, I think.

February 5, 2016 2:34 pm  #67

Yeah, that's the only reason - it's been a while.  It's true, he's not playing one of the major characters, and it's true he's probably busy, but since he's in the film they thought he might be there.  Most of the "disappointment" at him being there was just because it would have been nice if he had even been there just briefly, but of course he doesn't have to be and people like to joke.  If he's too busy that's completely fine.  He'll probably be doing a lot of appearances when Dr. Strange is coming out anyway.  And maybe even before then, who knows.

Clueing for looks.

February 5, 2016 5:06 pm  #68

Here's hoping!

February 9, 2016 11:22 pm  #69

A new pic from the movie. Wow! 
I am hard-pressed to have it as my new sign, but I love my dopey Sherlock a bit too much. Still, very cool! 

Last edited by nakahara (February 9, 2016 11:24 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 10, 2016 12:09 am  #70

I've been seeing that gif online all day! My goodness! I'm not sure whether I'm ready but at the same time I feel like I am very ready to see the rest of what All does.
Still part of me can't believe that's Benedict, but I am also certain that Benedict would have had lots of fun doing this.

Last edited by Yitzock (February 10, 2016 12:10 am)

Clueing for looks.

February 10, 2016 1:21 am  #71

Wow... All really is all. Is that a nipple? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 10, 2016 2:01 am  #72

It is.

Clueing for looks.

February 10, 2016 3:01 am  #73

Can't….. stop…. staring…..   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 10, 2016 3:25 am  #74

How very like Uncle Rudy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 10, 2016 6:39 am  #75

I hardly notice the nipple, but boy do I want to see this film.
My current annoyance is that the trailer featuring on UK TV isn't even showing Benedict

February 10, 2016 7:53 am  #76

That's kind of attractive, isn't it. I mean I've seen worse "man as woman"

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 10, 2016 8:14 am  #77

Quite attractive, I´d say.

Yitzock wrote:

Still part of me can't believe that's Benedict, but I am also certain that Benedict would have had lots of fun doing this.

Benedict is often cast into the roles of pale, serious, excentric geniuses or people torn from great suffering, so this funny role had to be a relish for him, I´m sure.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 10, 2016 8:16 am  #78

I think the colour has been enhanced, that's why I noticed the nip, it's rather red

The more I look at this gif, the more attractive he gets. Despite him not having eyebrows.

February 10, 2016 8:38 am  #79

nakahara wrote:

A new pic from the movie. Wow! 

Somebody could actually transform this into a cool ASIB pic.

"Take that, Ms Adler! Until you beg... thrice!"

February 10, 2016 8:49 am  #80

There is no way we wouldn't find him attractive (apart from Parade's End for me )

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera