BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2012 10:23 am  #41

Re: BORED!

He does have one of those faces, as does Martin actually, that can often look much younger than their actual years. I actually quite liked his hair in TTSS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 28, 2012 3:37 pm  #42

Nice find Sammy!

If anyone is interested in the music from that video it's from a video game called Dead Island (18+ players only).

It's got a phenomenal trailer which you can see below:

Who would have knew that video games could deliver this level of emotion?

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 28, 2012 3:59 pm  #43

Eew!!
I see why it's an 18...
I thought I'd be safe if I just skipped to near the end, I was wrong...
Well, that's taught me to abide by age regulations!   

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 28, 2012 10:54 pm  #44

Oh yes, I love this trailer, it's really well made! I don't know if the game is any good, though.
Ha, I love zombies. And hate them. (Actually always somebody asks me if I'm afraid of anything I say "zombie apocalypse".)

The music is very beautiful. So beautiful that I went to iTunes instantly after having found the Sherlock vid to buy the song ;).
It does have a bit weird feeling to it that it's the soundtrack to a zombie shooter game... Like "Hey, check this song out!" - "Wow, what is it? It's beautiful!" - "Well..." haha :D

Not related, but out of interest - hay somebody seen the Eurovision?

May 29, 2012 1:31 am  #45

Sammy wrote:

Not related, but out of interest - hay somebody seen the Eurovision?

I'd rather eat my own eyes and ears than watch Eurovision Sammy, but I'm sure others here will have enjoyed it.

-m0r

May 29, 2012 6:49 am  #46

Sorry, m0r but I really enjoyed it!!

Sweden was alright but I wanted RUSSIA!

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

May 29, 2012 6:49 am  #47

Not watched. Eyes and ears intact this end!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 29, 2012 5:14 pm  #48

Hahaha, of course there is more bad than good in the Eurovision contest, but I think the fun of it is making fun of it and rooting for you country..
Yes, Russia was hilarious!
Of course I supported Germany although I know we wouldn't win, but I think being 8th is not so bad (and our singer is a really cute lad ;))

Anyway, did somebody get the message from the German moderator? I think it was quite brave!

May 29, 2012 5:55 pm  #49

Good for her to use the opportunity to promote democracy.

May 29, 2012 6:20 pm  #50

Danke - Anke!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 29, 2012 6:27 pm  #51

Sammy wrote:

Of course I supported Germany although I know we wouldn't win, but I think being 8th is not so bad (and our singer is a really cute lad ;))

I thought Germany was quite good! Well, compared to the UK it was mind-blowing!!

May 30, 2012 8:17 pm  #52

Davina wrote:

Good for her to use the opportunity to promote democracy.

Yeah, I thought so, too...

Wuhuuu, since Mark Gatiss commented on like the whole Eurovision he also tweeted at some point:
"Pretty German. I like Germans."

Yeah! Do you hear that, tobeornot221b, he likes us!

I think it's awesome that Steven and Mark are such active twitter..ers(or whatever you call them)!

May 30, 2012 8:30 pm  #53

Sammy wrote:

Wuhuuu, since Mark Gatiss commented on like the whole Eurovision he also tweeted at some point:
"Pretty German. I like Germans."

Yeah! Do you hear that, tobeornot221b, he likes us!

He'd better to! Finally - who provides Sherlock with all the grim fairytale stuff, Johann Sebastian Brook, a plane crash in Düsseldorf, Ingolstadt and Rache?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 31, 2012 12:22 pm  #54

I think I'm correct in saying that Mark does, in fact, sometimes Tweet in Deutsch.

May 31, 2012 8:06 pm  #55

Changing gears...

Last night, I watched THoB, mainly 'cause I needed a mental break from TRF. I was shocked to see a trailer for Robert Downey, Jr.'s 2nd Holmes movie! Is that on the British DVDs as well?

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 31, 2012 8:12 pm  #56

Last night, I watched THoB, mainly 'cause I needed a mental break from TRF. I was shocked to see a trailer for Robert Downey, Jr.'s 2nd Holmes movie! Is that on the British DVDs as well?

wow that's odd.   I have the UK DVDs.  I don't think that's in there.

June 1, 2012 2:03 am  #57

Piracy. It's what Sherlock wanted to get into first.

If without UK TV License then buy the DVDs - but only to ensure more are made.

-m0r

June 1, 2012 11:07 am  #58

It is absolutely, definitely, certainly NOT on the BBC UK DVDs! Pieces of eight, mate!

June 1, 2012 5:27 pm  #59

Wow, what a coincidence, I also happened to have watched Hounds last night!
Okay, maybe not so much since there are only 6 episodes to choose from and we're all Sherlockians who frequently re-watch...

June 1, 2012 7:38 pm  #60

Let me tell you, it's quite a shock to the system to be expecting the gently flipping pages of the Masterpiece Theatre logo, and instead get Robert Downey, Jr. in your face. I even checked the DVD to make sure I had the correct one in! What in the world? That's like going to the Mercedes dealership, and the owner shows you a late model Ford.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

Board footera