BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2015 12:06 pm  #1

Hello everyone

Hello,
I'm Sherlock fan from Czech republic, so english is not my mother language (sorry for all mistakes in advance). I'm on maternity leave and have a boy (4) angd girl (1). I love my childern, but sometimes I need break from nappies and childern's rows so I'm here.
I discovered ACD's Sherlock Holmes when I was ten. It stareted my passion for good oldfashioned detective stories - I also like A. Christie, R. van Gulik and some czech authors.

But since I discovered BBC Sherlock, I started to belive I was born for this fandom.
Look:
my birthdate is January 29th
my father is short, blonde, blue eyed, has a serious limp and wore a moustache for many years (looks better without it)
I can't say my mother is tall genius detective, but her natural hair colour was dark brown (and you should see the hairstyle she wore till her fifties :-)) She has high speed mouth and sometimes I can't undarstand her mental pocesses (She's able to change topic three times in one sentence :-))
My grandfather's surname is Dvorak - character of this name is mentioned in "The Adventure of the Creeping Man"

So I simply love Sherlock and I'm glad to be part of this fandom.

October 22, 2015 12:15 pm  #2

Re: Hello everyone

Hi, warm welcome, nice to have you around. Cup of tea? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 22, 2015 12:19 pm  #3

Than you! Tea? Definitely yes!

October 22, 2015 12:24 pm  #4

*hands over a cup* 

So you have some kind of Sherlock mum and John dad - that's unique here, I suppose! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 22, 2015 2:05 pm  #5

Welcome!

October 22, 2015 2:13 pm  #6

And you know what's funny? My mum doesn't even know this series exist and dad don't like it (he watched only one episode on our local TV channel - HoB, and said it's rubbish, he prefers Elementary :-( )
I'm more succesfull with my husband, he wanted some good TV shows to improve his english, so I highly recommended this. He watched ASiP last week and was impressed.

October 22, 2015 2:18 pm  #7

Keep up the good work! 

And are you aware that Sherlock's parents also resemble John and Sherlock?
At least in the scene where we see them first - dark coat, collar up - and brown jacket, chequered shirt...

October 22, 2015 2:23 pm  #8

Harriet wrote:

Keep up the good work!

And are you aware that Sherlock's parents also resemble John and Sherlock?
At least in the scene where we see them first - dark coat, collar up - and brown jacket, chequered shirt...

I sound's so hopefully, but I'm short, brown eyed, and definitely not genius :-( 

October 22, 2015 4:08 pm  #9

Welcome, Kratula.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 22, 2015 4:45 pm  #10

Schmiezi wrote:

Welcome, Kratula.

Thank you! I'm fan of your story "Not Broken, Just bent"

October 22, 2015 7:38 pm  #11

Welcome
Your parent's love story proves the Johnlock

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 22, 2015 7:43 pm  #12

Hi Kratula, welcome to the forum

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 22, 2015 7:53 pm  #13

Solenn wrote:

Welcome

Oh God, no! You don't know my parents!

October 23, 2015 6:11 am  #14

Hi there. Welcome to the forum. I like the story about your parents. 
Have fun here!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 23, 2015 6:39 pm  #15

Kratula wrote:

Solenn wrote:

Welcome

oh no! Is it bad or something? 😨

Last edited by Solenn (October 23, 2015 6:40 pm)

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 23, 2015 7:43 pm  #16

Solenn wrote:

Kratula wrote:

Solenn wrote:

Welcome

oh no! Is it bad or something? 😨

It's far from perfect, but they're still together. I believe the main crisis is over them, but I don't imagine John's and Sherlock's relationship (or my own marriage) after 35 years this way.

November 20, 2015 11:14 pm  #17

Hello and welcome to the forum. I've only been to the Czech Republic once, to Praha! I really liked it there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 21, 2015 8:30 am  #18

Davina wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum. I've only been to the Czech Republic once, to Praha! I really liked it there.

I'm pleased you liked it. Praha is great, but there are many beautiful places in Czech Republic. It's a little bit pity that many tourists know only Praha.

November 21, 2015 8:45 am  #19

I visited CZ in 2000, and loved Prague, but I adored Cesky Krumlov. It's probably another frightfully common tourist destination? I also visited the Sedlec Ossuary which was very interesting (and slightly creepy!). Would love to have seen more of your country. In case I ever get over there again, which places do you recommend?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 21, 2015 9:02 am  #20

ukaunz wrote:

I visited CZ in 2000, and loved Prague, but I adored Cesky Krumlov. It's probably another frightfully common tourist destination? I also visited the Sedlec Ossuary which was very interesting (and slightly creepy!). Would love to have seen more of your country. In case I ever get over there again, which places do you recommend?

Sedlec and Cesky Krumlov are great. I can also recommend South Moravia, there are famous vineyards and vine cellars and many beautiful castles. Most remarkable is area between Lednice castle and Valtice castle, it's full of small decorative buildings like antique temple, gothic chapel or romantic minaret.
If you want something less famous but beatiful, I must recommend one place in East Bohemia, it's called Kuks - there are remains of gret copmlex of buildings from 18'th century. Now there is only a baroque hospital, church and plenity of magnificent alegoric statues, some in the hospital some in  near forest - this area is called Bethlehem.
When I was uni student, I worked here as a guide as a summer job and I love this place.
There are many many more - it depends if you prefer nature or history.

Last edited by Kratula (November 21, 2015 9:03 am)

Board footera