BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2016 6:35 pm  #221

Re: When a beloved celebrity dies

I know, it's been quite a year. Prince was only 57! I just saw the news. We were all surprised.

Clueing for looks.

April 21, 2016 6:36 pm  #222

Only a few years older than me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 21, 2016 6:40 pm  #223

Okay, this year is officially on the top 3 of my worst years. 

Rest in peace, Prince. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 21, 2016 6:41 pm  #224

Certainly running for the title of annus horribilis.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 21, 2016 7:02 pm  #225

I don't even know how to react to be honest... Prince was a big part of my life from my early teens... such an inspiration... such a distraction... just... 

I hadn't even imagined this day coming. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 21, 2016 7:07 pm  #226

Too soon.

April 21, 2016 8:08 pm  #227

Prince did not die, he's just gone home to his original plane of existence.   

Grateful I got the chance to see him live several times.  He was an amazing artist and a true original.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 21, 2016 8:15 pm  #228

Listening to him now...
Heck I wish I could have seen him live.

April 21, 2016 8:26 pm  #229

I was about to get a ticket last time he was here... I didn't, and I always thought I'd have another chance... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 21, 2016 8:33 pm  #230

It's always like that.
Never wait for another chance. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 21, 2016 9:41 pm  #231

I just realized I would probably never have met my best friend, or any of my current friends if not for Prince (or Michael Jackson)... 

I was bullied a lot through my life... but after discovering MJ and Prince I started to experiment with my look and style... It actually made things a bit easier... I could convince myself people were only staring or making fun of my clothes or hair... I am still a bit of a punk, and I never really follow the fashion trends... though I admit I've slowed down a bit. 

I met my best friend because of my clothes... my former 'friend's friends didn't really want me around, so I chose to have lunch alone in school... my best friend found me, and didn't want a fellow 'alternative' person to sit alone... and she demanded I sat at her table and had my lunch there... that's 8 years ago, and we're best friends now and so, so close... (despite me genuinely being dead scared of her the first day). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 21, 2016 10:24 pm  #232

His last concerts were here in Atlanta last week.  A friend and I tried to get tickets but there was such demand that the server crashed!   One of my cousins got to go to the show.  To think to have been there and then this happen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 22, 2016 12:35 am  #233

I can accept people die. But doesn't mean I'll ever get used to it. Sudden deaths of not-so-old people, it's really happening too often.
Makes me sad, to hear the news.
the music gave me a sense of trancendence. I crave that in music. And whoever can evoke such a feeling through music, is a great artist imo.

"It is what it is."

April 22, 2016 3:29 am  #234

I… wait, …what??           That's insane… and so sorry to hear.
Just like Bowie, Prince was another one of those artists I had of course heard a lot about and knew as a legend, but felt bad never really got into his music (but at least with Bowie I knew a few more of his hits).  May need to brush up a little on that...

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 22, 2016 5:29 am  #235

You need to check them out.
Both unique, multi-talented , creative people.

April 22, 2016 8:34 am  #236

Another one I grew up with died. Dear Lord, it's really enough for this year.

Found something... nice (well, probably not the word) moving... somehow touching... on twitter.
It's from a German comedian... Carolin Kebekus.
"Prince ist tot? WTF! Wenn es Gott wirklich gibt, stellt der sich da oben aber gerade ne geile Band zusammen..."

Translated (something like):
"Prince is dead? WTF! (needs no Translation) If god really exists, he is assembling a cool band up there."

I believe, she is absolutely right!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 22, 2016 1:08 pm  #237

Ha-ha. That's a nice bit of humour for a sad piece of news.

Clueing for looks.

April 22, 2016 4:43 pm  #238

Well, I guess people cope in their own ways.

April 22, 2016 4:57 pm  #239

besleybean wrote:

You need to check them out.
Both unique, multi-talented , creative people.

Oh, I didn't mean I wasn't familiar at all with Bowie!  Again, didn't grow up listening to or follow as a fan, mainly knowing him from some movie roles but at least still heard a good handful of hits I enjoyed, before re-brushing up recently.  Prince, on the other hand, aside from his image/symbolry and Purple Rain, knew almost next to nothing about.  One of the shared-around clips I came across was him doing the Super Bowl halftime show… and it was pouring rain.  And he apparently even quipped to someone it was no big deal… can they make it rain harder?  And how -good- he was on the guitar.  Just wow.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 24, 2016 7:42 pm  #240

Prince.  Truly gifted. Eric Clapton when asked what it was like being the best guitarist in the world replied, 'I don't know. Ask Prince'. This says it all. Incredibly sad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera