BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2016 1:46 pm  #61

Re: Ben-related fun stuff

I don't know how old this Twitter conversation between Amanda Abbington and Simon Pegg is, but lol!
http://emmagrant01.tumblr.com/post/138023511883/sakibatch-notjackwhite-jesus-christ-bless

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 26, 2016 2:08 pm  #62

If anybody wrote about Amanda Abbington and Simon Pegg what they wrote about Benedict here behind his back, it would be immediatelly labeled as "hate"...

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 26, 2016 2:16 pm  #63

I don't know... I go by the impression that they are all good enough friends to joke like this... that it is the sort of thing they joke about face to face with Benedict, and that they'll show him later and all have a laugh about it. I hope this is the case, anyway!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 26, 2016 2:19 pm  #64

Benedict is not active in social networks, so I doubt he knows what his "friends" tweet there...
And I doubt they tell him how they "penetrated his final frontier" into his face...

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 26, 2016 2:21 pm  #65

These tweets have been posted before and we had this exact same conversation.  Opinions vary but I don't think we need to argue about it again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 26, 2016 2:25 pm  #66

January 26, 2016 2:28 pm  #67

Like I said, I didn't know how old it was... Wasn't aware it had been discussed already. I'll delete the post if you like.

January 26, 2016 2:37 pm  #68

Some people are not too happy with that issue, and had some good reasons, imho.
But don't worry, ukaunz, you couldn't know that it is a tricky subject 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 26, 2016 2:45 pm  #69

I did a search and found the original thread (probably should have done that first) so I get it now... I'm still happy to delete it, but now there are all these replies that will need deleting too

January 26, 2016 2:53 pm  #70

Simon deleted his account sometime last year,so it's not new. They have been funnier though I remember a conversation when Simon and Martin where on promo tour for something. I don't follow her on twitter anymore, since most of her tweets doesn't interest me at all, she's sometimes a bit too much.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 26, 2016 5:02 pm  #71

I love Simon and was really sad when he left Twitter.
I still follow.Amanda.
But as I also follow 5000 other people, the chances of my seeing her tweets are slight.
I like her,though

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 31, 2016 2:16 am  #72

Radio comedy sketch - Benedergency Cumbertact
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/irrelevantshow/benedergency-cumbertact-sketch-1.3511795
(Very silly )

April 5, 2016 8:50 am  #73

"New" game. Ben is one of the results.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/vikky/we-know-what-british-actor-you-fantasize-about-y65c#.bm5kZamOX

I got Chiwetel Ejiofor !?

----------

April 5, 2016 11:18 am  #74

The game does not work. I got Tom Hardy. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 5, 2016 11:23 am  #75

Definitely doesn't work. I got Tom Hardy three times in a row with three completely different sets of answers. He's not my type!!

April 5, 2016 11:31 am  #76

But he must be in it, I read the comments. There was someone who got Eddie Redmayne 4 or 6 times, with completely different answers. I guess it's destiny girls!

@ukaunz: I guess that quiz knows something that you don't know yet.

----------

April 5, 2016 11:53 am  #77

Tried it twice. Colin Firth and Idris Elba. Nice but nothing more.
That game DOESN'T work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 5, 2016 2:38 pm  #78

What did I get THIS guy for:

You got: Alex Pettyfer

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 5, 2016 2:46 pm  #79

I got Eddie Redmayne. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 5, 2016 3:20 pm  #80

I got Eddie too... well it's not totally wrong... but... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera