BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 20, 2015 7:48 pm  #1

Ben-related fun stuff

I think we need a thread for fun quizzes and such that involve BC (or is there another thread that would work out?)

I wonder who will get Ben.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2015/10/personality-quiz-whos-your-british-celebrity-husband/

I got Alan Rickman 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 20, 2015 8:01 pm  #2

Re: Ben-related fun stuff

We have to share him, Ivy, I got him, too   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 20, 2015 8:14 pm  #3

Awh, I actually got Ben!!

"Mr. Cumberbatch is a true gentleman, a sensitive and intelligent man who will respect you and make sure your feelings are catered for in everything that he does. He is also, when the mood takes him, quite a serious-minded person who wears his heart on his sleeve. You and he will get along famously, as his fine breeding matches your need for traditional romance, a place for everything and everything in its place. 

Your home will, of course, be immaculate. Long weekends will be spent manicuring the garden and then throwing dinner parties for your friends in which you and Benedict try out exciting new recipes. And when you argue—as all couples do—the standard of the debate will be very high indeed. Just be aware that the cost of such perfection is a greater sense of disappointment when minor things go wrong. Get over that and you're all set for a very happy life together. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 20, 2015 8:28 pm  #4

Lol, I got Benedict too, and I answered the questions as honestly as possible

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 20, 2015 8:32 pm  #5

Harriet wrote:

We have to share him, Ivy, I got him, too

That poor man, he isn't young anymore, I hope he'll survive it 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 20, 2015 8:51 pm  #6

Oopsie, Colin Firth. Not bad at all. Wonder if he still has that white clingy shirt … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 20, 2015 9:16 pm  #7

Has anyone tried the quiz on IMDB?
http://www.imdb.com/games/guess/nm1212722

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 20, 2015 9:41 pm  #8

Ivy wrote:

That poor man, he isn't young anymore, I hope he'll survive it 

Right, we can be - demanding 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 21, 2015 12:06 am  #9

As I said before, I got Colin Firth as my British husband and the description fit me pretty well, surprisingly.  Nothing against Colin, of course, he's a good actor.  The description that goes along with Ben seems a little too by-the-book for him if you know what I mean.

Interesting IMDB quiz.

Clueing for looks.

October 21, 2015 1:07 am  #10

I got Colin Firth, too and I think that's a very good match for me personally.  Just for fun, my husband took the quiz and he got Ben. We've been joking about it ever since. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 21, 2015 3:55 am  #11

Oh, I've got to share my new husband with your husband, KP. Interesting situation! (Not to mention those of you who will be around us as well.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 21, 2015 4:44 am  #12

Ha! Nobody is going to believe this, but my perfect husband is Mister David Tennant.
Thank god I'm still all alone in the office, because I just burst out laughing hysterically.

Mr. Tennant is a very serious, quiet-minded man who happens to also be a total show-off, depending on how the mood takes him. You are the kind of person that enjoys both sides of his personality, being perfectly happy sitting in silence enjoying books in parallel, but also in need of a bit of wildness from time to time or you'll both go stir crazy.

He is also prone to bouts of introspection, playing his cards very close to his chest and keeping his powder dry. Other less secure spouses will find this quite hard work, so you'll need to be aware that he's not doing this on purpose, and try not to force the issue. Give him space, and he'll soon be dancing in the kitchen and quoting Shakespeare in a funny English accent again.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 21, 2015 4:47 am  #13

So no one's got Martin yet? I'm guessing you have to pick Grumpy as your favourite Dwarf

October 21, 2015 4:56 am  #14

...and the Full English Breakfast... but that's just my personal theory...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

October 21, 2015 5:03 am  #15

I chose the full English breakfast and still got BC

October 21, 2015 5:06 am  #16

You probably also chose the Times for announcing your engagement..?

October 21, 2015 5:10 am  #17

Nope, married on the quiet.

October 21, 2015 5:12 am  #18

Oh, same here!

October 21, 2015 5:12 am  #19

I also choose "go out and find adventure", "cooking", "Bashful", The Proclaimers song, "dress sharp no trainers", white chocolate and raspberry cake, London and "intellect", so I guess there are enough BC-type answers to be going on with

October 21, 2015 5:16 am  #20

I also chose "cooking" and the Proclaimers (and well, David Tennant probably is the biggest Proclaimers fan on earth...), but apart from that we have nothing in common, ukaunz.

Board footera