BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 15, 2015 5:43 am  #1

Fic recommendations - non-Johnlock explicit/slash (other parings)

Okay everyone, I'm copying my post over from the General Round Table Discussion and starting a new recommendations thread for explicit/slash fics involving relationships other than John/Sherlock.

ukaunz wrote:

I just finished reading Consolation by Mildredandbobbin, and I have to recommend it to everyone who likes deep, emotional, well-written romantic slash - and guess what, it's not Johnlock! It's the first Sherstrade fic I have read and been totally on board with (after getting over the hurdle of John being happily married to a lovely Mary; it was written pre-S3, so it's not the Mary we know from the series). I can actually ship Greg and Sherlock after this, although I don't know if any other fics will convince me as well as this one (the only other one I can think of was actually an OT3-some). I really love Greg in this story, he is wonderful, completely in character and indeed more fleshed-out than on the show. Sherlock's character is perfectly captured too.

And here's the rest of the info:
Consolation[/url] (18066 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Mildredandbobbin]Mildredandbobbin
Chapters: 3/3
Fandom: [url=http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Sherlock%20Holmes%20*a*%20Related%20Fandoms]Sherlock Holmes & Related Fandoms[/url], Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/Greg Lestrade, Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Mary Morstan/John Watson, Sherlock Holmes/Lestrade
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, Greg Lestrade, John Watson, Mary Morstan
Additional Tags: Unresolved Sexual Tension, Angst, Slash, Smut, Sherstrade, Male Friendship, Bromance, Sexual Content, johnlock ust, First Time, First Kiss, Developing Relationship, Past Relationship(s)
Summary:

Faced with spending Christmas Day alone watching Christmas repeats on telly, Greg Lestrade decides to check on Sherlock, because he’s alone too, isn’t he?

Last edited by ukaunz (October 15, 2015 5:49 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 23, 2015 2:32 pm  #2

Re: Fic recommendations - non-Johnlock explicit/slash (other parings)

Very nIce Story! Thanks for the recommendation!

December 2, 2015 5:44 am  #3

Re: Fic recommendations - non-Johnlock explicit/slash (other parings)

If I could add, there's a pair that I find to be rare as the main relationship of a fic that truly deserves more creativity: MorMor. But there's a particularly gorgeous fic by the name of These Violent Delights about the currently non-canon Sebastian Moran and his incredibly unhealthy relationship Jim Moriarty, written, curiously enough, in 2nd person (It is written as if you, the reader, are Sebastian himself.) If you're not afraid of a multitude of trigger warnings, then I would suggest this to be the best MorMor (or MoraMori, if you prefer) fic out there.

The author, pasiphile, has written a multitude of other MorMor fics that are absolutely fantastic, if you'd like to expand. 

These Violent Delights, by pasiphile
Chapters: 13/13
Rating: Explicit
Archive Warning: Graphic Depictions of Violence
Relationships: Sebastian Moran/Jim Moriarty, Sebastian Moran/various male and female OC's, Irene Adler/Sebastian Moran
Characters: Sebastian Moran, Jim Moriarty, Irene Adler (and a multitude of minor OCs)
Additional Tags: Explicit Language, BDSM, d/s dynamics, Graphic Violence, more specific warnings for each chapter in the notes, Explicit Sexual Content, UST, Dubious Consent, Dubious Ethics, Implied/Referenced Torture, Mental Health Issues, Class Issues, Unhealthy Relationships

Sebastian Moran is a rebel without a cause (literally - pro patria mori is a pile of shite). Jim Moriarty is an evil genius in need of a right hand (not literally - he’s already got one of those in the freezer). It's a relationship meant to be.

AKA The Life And Times of Sebastian Moran, Bastard Extraordinaire. Spanning seven years and three continents, containing 496 uses of the word "feck", multiple murders, several criminal acts, a couple of explosions, a large amount of violence and sex (often combined), an utter disregard of rules and morals, and somewhere in the middle of this something that almost looks like a happy and loving relationship.

Last edited by BreathingIsBoring (December 2, 2015 5:44 am)

Board footera