BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 21, 2013 4:54 pm  #2281

Re: Sherlock alphabet game

As an aside, I am amazed how many of these shows I've actually heard of, since I don't even watch telly...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 21, 2013 10:57 pm  #2282

TV shows Sherlock would hate + why he would hate them.

Antiques Roadshow - he dislikes how people already have a rough value of their items but lie and pretend to be shocked when told it's worth a decent amount.
Being Human - He just doesn't get why. Human? Boring!
CSI - because he is better than those guys. (At everything )
Dead Like Me - and every other urban fantasy show because they are utterly unrealistic (but he has to admit that the accidents people are having in it are quite ... entertaining)
Doctor Who- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iae-kvXu0k8
Elementary- Oh come on! For a starter Moriarty is who really? Mrs. Hudson is Mr. into Mrs. Hudson.
Firefly - it's science fiction. Enough said!
Glee (Though Moriarty did enjoy it... I highly assume Sherlock wouldn't)
Homes Under the Hammer (say it to see why)
Idol (American-, Pop-, Whatever-) (too easy to deduce who's defined as winner even during first auditions)
Jeopardy (First the answers, then the questions? Dull!)
Keeping up with the Kardashians - for the same reason any respectable person hates it: too much stupid in the room.

Lie to Me - Obviously... *John scolding*

Last edited by Michele (May 21, 2013 10:58 pm)

================================================================

May 22, 2013 2:02 pm  #2283

Antiques Roadshow - he dislikes how people already have a rough value of their items but lie and pretend to be shocked when told it's worth a decent amount.
Dead Like Me - and every other urban fantasy show because they are utterly unrealistic (but he has to admit that the accidents people are having in it are quite ... entertaining)
Elementary- Oh come on! For a starter Moriarty is who really? Mrs. Hudson is Mr. into Mrs. Hudson.
Idol (American-, Pop-, Whatever-) (too easy to deduce who's defined as winner even during first auditions)
Keeping up with the Kardashians - for the same reason any respectable person hates it: too much stupid in the room.

Mission Impossible- because each time the mission is NEVER impossible so the title is inaccurate and stupid!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 22, 2013 2:31 pm  #2284

Mission Impossible- because each time the mission is NEVER impossible so the title is inaccurate and stupid!

New Girl (not his area, obviously)

May 22, 2013 2:37 pm  #2285

Doctor Who- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iae-kvXu0k8

Once upon a time (Too much fairytale in it...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 22, 2013 6:01 pm  #2286

Political Animals - he doesn't require more knowledge of Mycroft and the rest than he already has

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 23, 2013 12:25 am  #2287

Political Animals - he doesn't require more knowledge of Mycroft and the rest than he already has

Queen for a Day - Does Mycroft serious need his own TV show?

May 23, 2013 8:57 am  #2288

Rubik the Amazing Cube- a Rubik's cube that can fly through the air and who has 'special powers' when certain colours are aligned on his sides...really? Come on!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 23, 2013 9:51 am  #2289

Rubik the Amazing Cube- a Rubik's cube that can fly through the air and who has 'special powers' when certain colours are aligned on his sides...really? Come on!

Sherlock- Because it's just too personal

May 23, 2013 1:21 pm  #2290

Trapper John, M.D. - Because John thinks it is silly

May 23, 2013 11:25 pm  #2291

Undercover Boss - Of course he's the boss! Look at the turn-ups on his jeans!

May 23, 2013 11:43 pm  #2292

(The) Vacant Lot- I mean...look at you lot! You're all so vacant!

May 24, 2013 12:35 am  #2293

Without a Trace - There is always a trace. They see, but you do not observe.

May 24, 2013 4:36 am  #2294

X-Files. Come on - why would eggs need their own files? Stupid!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 24, 2013 4:45 am  #2295

tobeornot221b wrote:

And all the uncertain erotic tension between two adult main characters - tedious!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 24, 2013 4:47 am  #2296

Schmiezi wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

And all the uncertain erotic tension between two adult main characters - tedious!

Ahem...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 24, 2013 6:50 am  #2297

Yes, Minister - No Mycroft more like.

May 24, 2013 4:35 pm  #2298

Yes, Minister - No Mycroft more like.

Zen - Amateur. Letting his emotions control him...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 25, 2013 7:36 am  #2299

As there's no letter after "Z" we'll need to start another round. Any ideas?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 25, 2013 11:31 am  #2300

What about...Movies for Lestrade...?

Board footera