BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2012 5:00 pm  #1

Sherlock alphabet game

Hello all. Well I've finished all my chores for the day and now I am, in the immortal words of Sherlock, BORED! As I don't happen to have a service pistol handy or Cluedo I have been thinking of something else to pass the time. Then I had this, not terribly, bright idea. We could play a Sherlock alphabet game!

It starts like this...

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...

At this point the first person chooses something beginning with the letter A to take with them BUT the item MUST be related in a clear way to Sherlock. The next person then repeats the first phrase and the first item and adds an item beginning with B. the following person an item with C and so on. We have  to try and complete the alphabet. You can make the thing chosen funny or whatever.

I will start the ball rolling.

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... an APPLE with IOU carved upon it.

NEXT!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 9, 2012 5:06 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock alphabet game

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... an APPLE with IOU carved upon it.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me ...the BRITISH GOVERNMENT.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 9, 2012 5:36 pm  #3

Big bag! Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 9, 2012 6:39 pm  #4

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... the BRITISH GOVERNMENT.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... a COAT (because I can't say cheekbones, I presume  )

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 9, 2012 9:23 pm  #5

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... the BRITISH GOVERNMENT.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... a COAT (because I can't say cheekbones, I presume  )
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... a DAMSEL IN DISTRESS.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 10, 2012 6:59 am  #6

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...an APPLE with IOU carved upon it.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... The BRITISH GOVERMENT.
I was going to a Sherlock conversion and I took with me...a COAT.
I was going to a Shelock convention and I took with me...a DAMSEL IN DISTRESS.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...an EVIL SCIENTIST.

May 10, 2012 7:45 am  #7

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...an APPLE with IOU carved upon it.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... The BRITISH GOVERMENT.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...a FRIEND (Just one). 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 10, 2012 8:15 am  #8

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...a FRIEND (Just one).
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...a GAME OF CLUEDO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 10, 2012 9:24 am  #9

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...The BRITISH GOVERMENT.
I was going to a Sherlock conversion and I took with me... a COAT.
I was going to a Shelock convention and I took with me... a DAMSEL IN DISTRESS.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... an EVIL SCIENTIST.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... a FRIEND (Just one).
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... a GAME OF CLUEDO.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... a HOUND (a gigantic one).

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 10, 2012 12:07 pm  #10

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...the BRITISH GOVERNMENT.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...a COAT.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...a DAMSEL IN DISTRESS.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...a FRIEND (just one).
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...a HOUND (a gigantic one).
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...IRENE ADLER.

May 10, 2012 3:24 pm  #11

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...the BRITISH GOVERNMENT.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...a HOUND (a gigantic one).
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...JOHN'S JUMPER

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 10, 2012 3:35 pm  #12

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... KILLER ASSASSINS

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

May 10, 2012 5:10 pm  #13

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...A LILO (now something reallyuseful)

Look, I'm in shock - I have a blanket!!

May 10, 2012 6:35 pm  #14

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...A LILO (now something reallyuseful)
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...MYCROFT HOLMES ( )

May 10, 2012 7:34 pm  #15

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me... a COAT.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...JOHN'S JUMPER.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...KILLER ASSASSINS.
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...A LILO (something really useful).
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...MYCROFT HOLMES ( .
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...a NEWSPAPER REPORTER (boo!)

May 10, 2012 8:09 pm  #16

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...A LILO (something really useful).
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...a NEWSPAPER REPORTER (boo!)
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...an OVERNIGHT BAG

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 10, 2012 8:26 pm  #17

I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...an OVERNIGHT BAG
I was going to a Sherlock convention and I took with me...a PARKA COAT

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 10, 2012 9:47 pm  #18

I am now going to suggest we don't have to write the whole sentence out each time! Mainly because I can think of something for the next one and writing it out each time is getting BORING...! Lol
...THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT.
...a COAT.
...a DAMSEL IN DISTRESS.
...an EVIL SCIENTIST.
...a FRIEND (just one).
...a GAME OF CLUEDO.
...a HOUND (a gigantic one).
...IRENE ADLER.
...JOHN'S JUMPER.
...KILLER ASSASSINS.
...a LILO (something really useful).
...MYCROFT HOLMES ( )
...a NEWSPAPER REPORTER (boo!)
...an OVERNIGHT BAG.
...a PARKA.
...the QUEEN'S ASHTRAY.

May 10, 2012 9:48 pm  #19

PARKA COAT lol!

May 10, 2012 10:08 pm  #20

... an APPLE with IOU carved upon it.
...THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT.
...a COAT.
...a DAMSEL IN DISTRESS.
...an EVIL SCIENTIST.
...a FRIEND (just one).
...a GAME OF CLUEDO.
...a HOUND (a gigantic one).
...IRENE ADLER.
...JOHN'S JUMPER.
...KILLER ASSASSINS.
...a LILO (something really useful).
...MYCROFT HOLMES ( )
...a NEWSPAPER REPORTER (boo!)
...an OVERNIGHT BAG.
...a PARKA COAT.
...the QUEEN'S ASHTRAY.
... a RABBIT, a luminous one is better.

Last edited by Milkomeda (May 10, 2012 10:28 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

Board footera