BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 12, 2015 12:31 am  #1

Greetings all!

I've always had a fleeting interest in Sherlock Holmes, but only really joined the fandom this past August, when I finally watched the beautiful masterpiece that is BBC's Sherlock. 

I remember the night so clearly...I was browsing Netflix and thought, "What the heck, might as well give it a look". 
And well, you all know the story: by the end of A Study in Pink I was hopelessly, irreversibly hooked.
The show became not just a show, but something far more significant. Let's just say at the time that I began to watch Sherlock, I was in a pretty dark spot. Sherlock was like my light. Perhaps someday I'll be able to adequately put into words how that show changed me for the better. 

Love Conan Doyle's work and all other adaptations of Sherlock Holmes related stories.
Also a general lover of crime solving and mysteries, as well as a budding Anglophile and dedicated Tolkienite. 

I hope to share and learn with other Sherlock fans in the community! 

September 12, 2015 1:09 am  #2

Re: Greetings all!

Welcome to the forum tea&ash, I hope you enjoy yourself here

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 12, 2015 8:24 am  #3

Welcome here! "Beautiful masterpiece", well said! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 12, 2015 10:19 am  #4

Welcome, nice to have you here. Looking forward to talk about the beautiful masterpiece. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 12, 2015 2:21 pm  #5

Welcome, tea&ash! I like that name.  And I like the gif in your signature, I can just hear Sherlock's drunken voice.

I also started watching Sherlock through Netflix, though I already knew before that it existed, but I'll be hopefully watching it on TV when it airs from now on also.

Also, may I ask where you're from?

Clueing for looks.

September 12, 2015 2:50 pm  #6

Yitzock wrote:

Welcome, tea&ash! I like that name.  And I like the gif in your signature, I can just hear Sherlock's drunken voice.

I also started watching Sherlock through Netflix, though I already knew before that it existed, but I'll be hopefully watching it on TV when it airs from now on also.

Also, may I ask where you're from?

Hallo Yitzock! 
I love that drunk Sherlock gif, always manages to make me laugh. 
Also I'm from NY. 

September 13, 2015 7:47 pm  #7

Hello and a very warm welcome to the forum! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 14, 2015 10:58 pm  #8

ukaunz wrote:

Welcome to the forum tea&ash, I hope you enjoy yourself here

Thank you!

September 14, 2015 10:59 pm  #9

Harriet wrote:

Welcome here! "Beautiful masterpiece", well said!

Thanks! 

I like that little poem in your sig! Is that a creation of yours? 

September 14, 2015 11:00 pm  #10

SusiGo wrote:

Welcome, nice to have you here. Looking forward to talk about the beautiful masterpiece. 

Thanks!

September 14, 2015 11:00 pm  #11

Davina wrote:

Hello and a very warm welcome to the forum!

I'm glad to be here!

Love your profile picture, btw. 

September 14, 2015 11:02 pm  #12

@ #9 Oh, thanks, no - SusiGo wrote it and put it in our poetry thread here. I like it, too 

For the afterworld - since I keep changing my sig:

"There once was a curly detective
Who was not so very affective
But one day he found
- And his life turned around -
A sweet little doctor infective."
                                 (SusiGo)

Last edited by Harriet (September 15, 2015 6:32 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera