BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2015 4:09 pm  #161

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2015

If I can judge from last year´s exchange, both things are okay.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 4, 2015 4:39 pm  #162

ok! And we're OK to post to AO3 as well, correct?

November 4, 2015 4:42 pm  #163

Yes. I think we decided to post on AO3 only after all fics had been published here. And we also made a collection as you can see here:

http://archiveofourown.org/collections/BBCSherlockFanForumSecretSantaFicExchange2014

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 4, 2015 4:42 pm  #164

Yes, but only after Christmas to keep the Secret Santa secret. :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 4, 2015 4:42 pm  #165

thank you all! I'll check out that link .

November 5, 2015 11:44 pm  #166

gah...I'm thinking my fic will be censored! It's not TOO explicit so far, but the boys won't behave...gah

November 6, 2015 2:50 am  #167

Oh my, Dorothy.  Well...it sounds like you are having fun writing it, which is good.

Clueing for looks.

November 6, 2015 8:22 am  #168

I'm still not satisfied with what I've written. Hopefully the upcoming weekend will bring a change. First one which isn't fully planned.
Already wrote a bit more but it doesn't flow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 6, 2015 9:35 am  #169

I still need three scenes and then a complete edit because my scenes are mostly loose sand, not necessarily connected by any logic. ;) It's taking me longer than I hoped but I do like the things I wrote. 

November 6, 2015 11:45 am  #170

I'm at 1900 words and I haven't even got to the 'main' bit. And now I have to go to an interview. In the rain.

November 6, 2015 12:19 pm  #171

Good luck, honey!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 18, 2015 5:16 am  #172

How is everybody doing? I've written 2200 words so far and I like what I did, even though it is not enough yet.

Last edited by Schmiezi (November 18, 2015 5:16 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 18, 2015 5:36 am  #173

Schmiezi wrote:

How is everybody doing? I've written 2200 words so far and I like what I did, even though it is not enough yet.

Hello, Schmiezi--
I'm still plotting. Not much longer, and once that's finished, I'll get it done fairly quickly. 

November 18, 2015 8:11 am  #174

Still waiting for my beta reader's opinion. Then one last thorough check and you will get it. Somewhere  between 6,000 and 7,000 words.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 18, 2015 8:19 am  #175

I'm about 75% of what I want to write, totalling a number of 5,500 words. I'm quite happy with it though I'm sure I can make it better -and that's what my betas are for.
Don't worry, you'll get it on time. I'm aiming for "in advance" but one never knows. To be on the safe side, I'll say "on time" but I'm aiming for a couple of days before =)

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 18, 2015 10:16 am  #176

I have 2167 words now. And I'm not 100% sure where it's leading. Good, bad... I don't know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 18, 2015 10:22 am  #177

If you work better under pressure that's good ;)

Just want to say how much easier it is to complete a work when you're doing it for the benefit of someone else...I've been writing a fic for a year and can't find the motivation to finish it -all the while knowing how it ends and the various steps to get there. But here the fic MUST be finished, otherwise the secret Santa would be very disappointed -to name but one argument.
So thank you all for giving out prompts, motivating us and generally just being there.

November 18, 2015 10:54 pm  #178

My fic is looong already and it just grows and grows. Thankfully, it´s nearing its end, but I have still a lot of writing in front of me... but I´m content with the story so far and it´s a great fun to write it.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 19, 2015 5:32 am  #179

Hi everyone,

the first PMs are coming in, so let me tell you all what to do when you are finished.

First, write a short "introduction" to your fic, telling the readers something about your prompt etc.

Then you need to convert your fic, because:

Harriet wrote:

The thing is that Word software produces a kind of odd code for HTML/XML and it will be not too easy to convert a doc converted to HTML/XML (which is an important stepping stone) properly further to BBcode. Like you have to convert something complicated into something less complex and then have to reduce it again.

And here is how to do it:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=5799

Then let me know you are finished so I can send you my private email adress so you can send me your converted fic.

November 19, 2015 5:45 am  #180

Pressure's getting high!

Board footera