BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 1, 2015 5:21 pm  #81

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2015

I've written my first Sherlock story, but I don't know if it would qualify for this exchange.

October 1, 2015 5:45 pm  #82

If you have fun writing then please join us. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 4, 2015 6:41 am  #83

Yay! I have received the last questionaires and did some matching already.

Please understand that it will take some time to send you your prompts. At the moment, my me-time is limited to about 30 minutes a day at best and I already used today's me-time for matching. :-p

I promise to use every available second so you will all have your prompts asap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 4, 2015 7:02 am  #84

Thank you Schmiezi. I can't wait to see what I will get, but I'll be patient.

It's wonderful that we can already start this week. I was a bit worried because November will be very busy for me so this is really great. 

October 4, 2015 9:55 am  #85

Thank you, Schmiezi !

I really hope you'll get some more me-time soon! It is important for one's peace of mind!
Do keep some time to yourself to relax, though! Don't use up everything on us. As far as I'm concerned, I work so much better under pressure xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 4, 2015 12:41 pm  #86

Thank you dear. Actually, working on the Exchange is so much fun that I consider it as me time, so don't worry.

All prompts are sent now. If you have any questions about it please send them to me via pm. I will copy, paste and send them to your partner. That way we can keep the Secret Santa secret. ;-)

October 4, 2015 12:45 pm  #87

Thanks for the brilliant work, Schmiezi. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 4, 2015 1:50 pm  #88

I´ve just got mine prompt and it looks very interesting. Not exactly what I was expecting but that´s why it´s a challenge... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 4, 2015 2:29 pm  #89

Thank you, Schmiezi. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 4, 2015 3:05 pm  #90

Mine is going to be a challenge as well, but I am up for it.  Since all the prompts have been sent out, what is the deadline? That is, if you've set one at this point.

Clueing for looks.

October 4, 2015 7:14 pm  #91

Thank you I'm already thinking about what to write - interesting prompts!

October 4, 2015 7:22 pm  #92

Aha, the first Christmas gift is in. Thank you Santa Schmiezi. :D

This prompt is great. Well matched. This is going to be a lot of fun. 

Deadline is 1 December, if you read back you'll find it. 

October 4, 2015 8:41 pm  #93

Ohhh now it's for real! I'm excited and scared the same time!!!
God, I hope I can do this... yes of course I can do this... *biting nails* ...

"It is what it is."

October 4, 2015 8:42 pm  #94

I am glad to hear that most of you are happy with their prompt - or are looking forward to facing the challenge.

I should mention that for me, I also picked a prompt that is a bit scary and some kind of challenge. That's only fair, I think. :-)

As for the dead line, now that I think about it, 30th November should be the last day to send me your (converted) fics (attached to a mail. Please pm me for my mail adress.) That way I can start posting them 1st December.

October 4, 2015 8:49 pm  #95

So excited! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 5, 2015 5:26 am  #96

Yay, I love my prompt! It's also a liiiiittle bit intimidating, but that's half the fun... thank you again, Schmiezi, and happy brainstorming/writing to all!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

October 5, 2015 5:34 am  #97

Very happy with my prompt, got some ideas, already!

October 5, 2015 7:21 am  #98

Hope, I didn't talk big and can manage my prompt. Hey, I asked for it, so...
Have fun everyone!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 5, 2015 7:34 am  #99

So happy with my prompt, some of it will be a challenge -and I honestly couldn't be happier

Have fun everyone!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 5, 2015 6:06 pm  #100

I am satisfied with my prompt as well, nothing which I normaly would write about though, but I have several ideas already (and even a possible title).

Question: Are there any more volunteers for beta-reading? I will need someone who can check grammar, spelling and sentence structure of my story. Thank you very much in advance for everybody who can help 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

Board footera