BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 30, 2015 3:02 pm  #61

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2015

Reading some of your questionaires I wanted to point out that all fics will be posted on the forum. The forum is open to teenagers, so your fics should not be too explicit.

:-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 30, 2015 3:10 pm  #62

I saw on the forum from last year that there was a story that was going to have a more explicit version on AO3 at a later date.  The person could always do that if they really had to.

Clueing for looks.

October 1, 2015 12:11 pm  #63

Schmiezi wrote:

Reading some of your questionaires I wanted to point out that all fics will be posted on the forum. The forum is open to teenagers, so your fics should not be too explicit.

Now I'm worried

"It is what it is."

October 1, 2015 12:16 pm  #64

Oh, tell me what you were planning to write? Now I am very curious. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 1, 2015 12:21 pm  #65

My questionaire was absolutely tame... apparently I'm a minority?

"It is what it is."

October 1, 2015 12:27 pm  #66

So was mine. Cross my heart and hope to die. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 1, 2015 12:32 pm  #67

I was convinced mine was too. Thankfully I love writing and reading gen fic as well.

October 1, 2015 12:36 pm  #68

When will we get tropes? If I start writing this weekend, there is a chance I might actually finish on time hehe

"It is what it is."

October 1, 2015 12:48 pm  #69

Whisky wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

Now I'm worried

Can we put a link to a NSFW version on AO3?

October 1, 2015 12:49 pm  #70

My answers were tame as wel. Honestly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 1, 2015 2:19 pm  #71

I was tame. I only ever write gen fics. I leave the other stuff for the more daring ones amongst us.

October 1, 2015 2:27 pm  #72

I too was very tame. I didn´t want to make writing hard for anybody.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 1, 2015 3:55 pm  #73

Seems like there are several of us who were not X-rated...eventually we will weed the perpetrator out (lol, just joking, of  course)

Clueing for looks.

October 1, 2015 4:15 pm  #74

I was tame (I think??) in my request but I am usually not when I write...!

October 1, 2015 4:17 pm  #75

Oh, I fear you might be talking about me...said I'm not comfortable writing it but would try. So, so sorry about that. Didn't really think of it being published on the forum, to be honest.
My deepest apologies, really.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 1, 2015 4:24 pm  #76

Please, no one should feel in any way awkward about this. It is for fun and has worked very well in the past. In case someone is not sure, they can always ask Schmiezi or one of the mods. I am sure many of us do read and enjoy and sometimes even write things they would not necessarily post in here. 

October 1, 2015 4:27 pm  #77

Thanks, Susi.
Let me just precise my thoughts : I am not ashamed of the suggestion...I am ashamed I didn't *think* the fic'd be publish here.
I can be so gone with the fairies, sometimes...!
;)

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 1, 2015 4:29 pm  #78

I have to apologise also because I resent the questionnaire 3 times!! Gah I keep forgetting things...

October 1, 2015 4:44 pm  #79

There's nothing wrong with not realizing it would be posted to the forum, and I know that people here read explicit fic and wouldn't necessarily think of not including that in their request if it was what they wanted.  I'm sorry if my jokes were harmful, I didn't mean any harm by it.

And Dorothy83, I'm sure it's fine to resend it.  You want to have a complete response.

Clueing for looks.

October 1, 2015 5:01 pm  #80

Don't worry about it, Yitzock, your jokes were not harmful at all
I, too, am sure there's no harm in having resent the questionnaire, but I can understand why one would feel they needed to apologise about it.

Board footera