BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2015 8:45 am  #41

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2015

Don't worry Whisky, it will be fine, a tiny bit stressful maybe, but a lot of fun  . I am not an expierenced author either. I've just finished three stories so far and two of them were for the Secret Santa fic exchange. It's a very motivating and inspiring event and I am really looking forward to it.

By the way, has anybody any contact to Kerkerian? I always love her stories and it would be great to have her with us in this again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 21, 2015 4:25 am  #42

I have, and she wants to take part as well. I just read her PMa minute ago.

I am really happy about how many we are this year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 22, 2015 4:28 am  #43

And maybe there are even more who would like to join ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 24, 2015 5:32 pm  #44

Hi guys!
Stoertebeker and Schmiezi, thank you for inviting me to this year's round! I haven't been on the forum for some time, but I'm happy about the Secret Santa being continued. Schmiezi, thank you and kudos for doing so!

Oh, and also- bump!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

September 24, 2015 9:06 pm  #45

A question: is the secret part only secret before?
Meaning, are the fics from last year online? Because if yes, I'd love to read one or two, to get an idea what it's like and all that...
(nooo, that's not cold feet, just, ahem, curiousity?  )

Also, about which time will things start?

"It is what it is."

September 24, 2015 9:12 pm  #46

Oh, another question: so the exchange is 1 to 1?
Or is everyone reading several?

"It is what it is."

September 24, 2015 9:40 pm  #47

I've been having a little look at the Secret Santa fics from 2014, you can check them out here http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=5902

If you do a search, you can also find the 2013 thread

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 25, 2015 4:27 am  #48

I will start sending out the questionairs now. It could take one or two days because I will do it from my smartphone whenever I get some time to spare (which I usually don't get at all at the weekend).

You will have time to fill them in until next Friday. Then I will start to match prompts with writing offers. It won't be 1 to 1. For example, you could get your prompt from gently69 (and write a fic for her) while mrshouse is writing the fic according to your prompt.

When they are finished, you will send the fic to me. All fics should be with me BEFORE December 1st. In case of emergency, we can talk about that dead line, of course. But we should all try and avoid the situation we had last year. Not even half of the fics where ready by then. That made it impossible for me to arrange the fics in a proper way plus gave me lots of worries, fearing that some fics will not be ready at all.

Then, starting December 1st I will start posting them. With 15 participants there will be one every other day, plus some extra fics at the weekend or something. I will work out a plan.

I will tell you who the fic was written for that day but not who the author is. That will only be revealed after Christmas.

BTW, other members can still join the exchange until next Friday. Anyone??? The more the merrier...

Last edited by Schmiezi (September 25, 2015 4:34 am)

September 25, 2015 4:45 am  #49

Aaaaand done!

All questionaires are sent. Will be late for school now I guess.

September 25, 2015 11:08 am  #50

Another question (yes I'm good at those)...
Where do I find people for beta-reading? think my story will be far more enjoyable if somebody double-checks my english grammar :D

And sorry, didn't think about searching for last year's fic exchange! Lovely stories!!

Last edited by Whisky (September 25, 2015 11:09 am)

"It is what it is."

September 25, 2015 11:13 am  #51

I'd be happy to beta-read for spelling and grammar, and I can Britpick as far as an Aussie who has lived in the UK for two years can...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 25, 2015 11:15 am  #52

I'm happy to beta and Brit-pick! I've been in the UK for 10 years!

September 25, 2015 2:03 pm  #53

Just looking over the questionnarie...this is going to take more thought than I think I expected.

Clueing for looks.

September 25, 2015 3:37 pm  #54

I felt the same way last year - even though I was the one to develope the questionaire. :-)

September 26, 2015 11:31 am  #55

Secret Santa Fic Exchange?
I'm very, very much interested!

I've got a thousand things to do (barely exaggerating), but since I love a challenge...
Yes, do count me in as well!

And, who knows, it might help me get back to my current fic (can I still say it's "current" when I've not worked on it for 2 months...?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

September 26, 2015 4:21 pm  #56

Great, welcome.

I'll try and send you the questionaire from my smartphone in a minute. :-)

September 26, 2015 4:28 pm  #57

Brilliant! Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

September 30, 2015 4:29 am  #58

Please consider this to be the most friendly reminder to hand in your questionaires until October 2nd.

September 30, 2015 4:54 am  #59

Schmiezi wrote:

Please consider this to be the most friendly reminder to hand in your questionaires until October 2nd.

Thanks! I almost forgot-- I've been working a lot. 

September 30, 2015 1:48 pm  #60

Oh! The time passed a lot more quickly than I expected.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera