BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 14, 2015 1:42 pm  #21

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2015

Alright. I've been brought back to participate again. And I'm very excited to do it! Maybe it'll help jog my writer's block... Hehe.

September 14, 2015 4:19 pm  #22

I'm in.

September 15, 2015 4:14 am  #23

Welcome everybody! I am getting really excited about the Fic Exchange now.

Silver, thank you for putting so much effort into it. If everybody reads (and follows) your post my life will be endlessly easier than last year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 16, 2015 6:53 pm  #24

I'd love to take part in the exchange it that's possible.

September 17, 2015 4:29 am  #25

Yes, of course! Welcome to the exchange.

That makes us 11 now. Anyone else around who would like to join us?

Last edited by Schmiezi (September 17, 2015 4:30 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 17, 2015 7:18 am  #26

Schmiezi wrote:

I would like to.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 17, 2015 2:27 pm  #27

nakahara wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

I would like to.

The way you did last year? :-D

September 18, 2015 7:21 am  #28

12 people, I'm getting excited. I'm catching myself already listing plot elements I might want to use. Without even knowing what the prompt will be. 

September 18, 2015 8:03 am  #29

Schmiezi wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

I would like to.

Maybe.... but also as a proper participant.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 18, 2015 10:08 am  #30

nakahara wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

nakahara wrote:

I would like to.

Maybe.... but also as a proper participant.

Great! :-D

September 18, 2015 10:10 am  #31

silverblaze wrote:

12 people, I'm getting excited. I'm catching myself already listing plot elements I might want to use. Without even knowing what the prompt will be. 

:-D

September 18, 2015 10:29 am  #32

I would like to, but I'm a bit nervous as I've been writing writer's block for a while!

September 19, 2015 9:44 am  #33

Prompts and deadlines can be excellent medicine for writer's block.

September 19, 2015 10:11 am  #34

My thoughts exactly. I'll put you on the list. If you get cold feed, just tell me in time.

September 19, 2015 12:01 pm  #35

I would like to join. But not sure about it. I've never finished a fanfic really, and never put one out there, although I tried many times. I would just feel so bad to disappoint, because obviously good writing comes from practice. But it sounds so much fun.
So, do you think I could join, or maybe practice a bit more in secret? :D
And I don't think I could pull of something very long.
Is there a beginners class? :D many of you are so very good writers.

Last edited by Whisky (September 19, 2015 12:02 pm)

"It is what it is."

September 19, 2015 12:46 pm  #36

I think I know how you feel, Whisky. It sounds like so much fun and I was tempted to jump in, but I'm currently in the middle of writing my first ever story and finding it very difficult, so I just don't think I can commit to something like this yet. I can enjoy it from the outside, and maybe join in next time But I'm sure it's all for fun and no one is expecting War and Peace or anything like that, so if you are keen, why not?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 19, 2015 3:11 pm  #37

I know how that feels. I have a ton of unfinished fanfic stories. I once plotted an entire sequel for Reichenbach, but eventually I only wrote and published one scene of it. Probably for the better .The first complete story I ever finished was for the Secret Santa last year, and I'm still very proud on that one. So what I'm trying to say is that this challenge was a lot of fun for me and also really helped my writing move forward. I'm not trying to talk anyone into it if they don't want to, but it could have the same effect on you too. 

September 19, 2015 4:38 pm  #38

Please, feel free to contact me if any of you has doubts or misgivings or uncertainties. I love to exchange ideas, act as a sounding board, discuss story lines and character development. You can contact me here or at LJ. I'd never written anything in my life until I entered the Sherlock fandom and now I'm over 800,000 words. I'm not pretending it's any good but it's fun to do and that's what's important, isn't it?

My experience with exchanges is the more the merrier. 

September 20, 2015 6:39 am  #39

Somehow this year's exchange feels even better than last year's. I think it is because of all the nice, encouraging posts coming from so many members.

Whisky, I will mightily put you on the list. If you really really want me to erase your name again, just tell me so.

September 20, 2015 8:02 am  #40

okey dokey :D I will be brave and try my best

"It is what it is."

Board footera