BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2015 7:46 am  #281

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2015

SusiGo wrote:

My personal favourite passage is this:
“Indeed it will not, my dear Holmes. You and I will continue, as we have until now, in all respectability, as companions or friends –“
“-and nothing more,” finished Holmes, wrecked.
“-‘in the eyes of the world’ is how my sentence was supposed to end,” Watson snapped.

Oh yes, that was a really lovely one!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 4, 2015 7:48 am  #282

What a lovely and funny little picture story, dear Secret Santa!
But, well, I know Benedict is not the most gifted singer in the world but surely he doesn't sing THAT bad?

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 4, 2015 9:00 am  #283

No singing is cute when you are doing it with clenched teeth, annoyed that it´s Christmas.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 4, 2015 9:33 am  #284

I've just looked at this picture-story, nice, funny reversion of what's said in the episode. Thank you, Secret Santa!

Also "no fic today" made me think of "no milk today" which started up my Johnlock brain -as if it ever really stopped...!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 4, 2015 12:15 pm  #285

Carroll induced stupor

Hilarious. I especially smiled at Mycroft, another Christmas hater, passing out from the sheer horribleness of it as well.

Thank you for creating this.

December 4, 2015 12:29 pm  #286

LOL, so dangerous to listen to Sherlock singing Christmas carols.

A Singular Gentleman I'm going to read this afternoon when I'm on my way to a ladies weekend. I have time enough then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 4, 2015 12:34 pm  #287

mrshouse wrote:

What a lovely and funny little picture story, dear Secret Santa!
But, well, I know Benedict is not the most gifted singer in the world but surely he doesn't sing THAT bad?

I agree, it can't be a "nerve shock" - it was probably a Jaguar in Cello overdose  

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 4, 2015 4:39 pm  #288

lololol Harriet!

Well, Benedict's singing and Sherlock's singing are not necessarily one in the same....although I wasn't expecting that punchline.  I was thinking they all drank too much eggnog, but I don't know how British that is. 

Clueing for looks.

December 4, 2015 9:26 pm  #289

I just wanted you all to know that at the weekend I will not post the fics at six in the morning. :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 4, 2015 9:36 pm  #290

Lol won't you? Strange, that :-P

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 5, 2015 12:29 pm  #291

I read it earlier in the morning but didn't have time to comment. Sorry. Now I do, though

Letters from the past.

I’m not certain, but is there a reference to TBB –“mine’s in the bedroom”? Sweet
I wonder what kind of experiment he could have done, though, with “the whisk, spatula, and spaghetti scoop” some sort of baking/cooking thing? Surprise baking/cooking? For Jawn. Aw, I think I’ll be needing that xD Or. He was really into Doctor Who because from what we can read in a large number of fics, John is a DW fan…and he was trying to either build a Dalek or to – sorry, got lost, there.

I like the reversal –Sherlock leaving the flat in a huff is quite a change, but an interesting one.
True enough, we don’t really see the “little domestics” affect Sherlock, after all.
For some strange, unknown reason, I’ve had no trouble at all imagining John being jealous. Extremely in character. “57!”
And the text conversation at the end is also very in character for Sherlock –no idea about Victor, but if generalised to any rejected lover, very in character also. I’d have suspected he’d sent more texts to Sherlock who didn’t reply, but it’s also very possible he simply blocked his number.

A nice, enjoyable story, starting with a somewhat insignificant event –the search for kitchen utensils – that developed into drama. Well written, by the way. I got lost as John did, reading that letter, seeing those pictures.
Sherlock putting on a blank mask when he came home was very much in character as well –Showing my emotions will be the death of me, therefore I shall pretend I don’t have any.
I liked the resolution, very sweet.

Thank you, unknown author

December 5, 2015 12:41 pm  #292

Letters from the past

Thank you, unknown author, for this lovely little Johnlock piece. Reading Moriarty- and Mary/baby-free stories now and then can be very refreshing. 
I like a Sherlock who has not been always suppressing his feelings without getting sentimental and soppy. I like John's jealousy which is very much in accordance with what I see in the show. First I was not sure if they are already in a relationship but the fact that Sherlock's bedroom seemed to be strange territory for John spoke against this. 
I would also like to know about the kitchen utensils in the bedroom if ever there should be a prequel or sequel. 
I like how you characterise the relationship in a few brush strokes, alluding to a on-off thing with both parties liking each other but not being committed as far as living together. And this is a good contrast to what Sherlock had and hopes to have with John. 

Thank you very much. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2015 4:43 pm  #293

Lilythiell wrote:

I wonder what kind of experiment he could have done, though, with “the whisk, spatula, and spaghetti scoop” some sort of baking/cooking thing? Surprise baking/cooking? For Jawn. Aw, I think I’ll be needing that xD Or. He was really into Doctor Who because from what we can read in a large number of fics, John is a DW fan…and he was trying to either build a Dalek or to – sorry, got lost, there. 

Perhaps an AU where instead of getting into a fight, John finds a big model Dalek in the room with a card for him as well as a warm meal.

Clueing for looks.

December 5, 2015 4:46 pm  #294

And fandoms collide!
God, yes!

December 5, 2015 10:52 pm  #295

Letters from the past

Dear unknown author,
what a lovely heartwarming fic. It contained all elements I hold dear: jealousy by John, Sherlock being both repressive of his feelings but also very much aware that meeting John Watson changed his life forever, both men understanding that they want to be together. Takes me back to the good old pre-s3-times.
Plus I always have a weak spot for the old-fashioned written love letters...
I liked how the tension was resolved in the end, both very Sherlocky with the texts but also just right for him and John.
I almost felt sorry for Victor, and I assure you that has never happened before. 
Thank you, unknown author 

December 5, 2015 11:51 pm  #296

Letters of the past

Dear unknown author,

you are a devious person, do you know that? This is the first Johnlock story that made me cry tears of blood over the fate of the third character, poor, poor Victor Trevor.

You were so terribly cunning when you built that hypnotically nostalgic atmosphere of old love between Vic and Sherlock through those carefully hidden photographs and letters. It lulled me into that sweet state that made me go "ahhh" and forced me to feel all warm around my heart. I was also amused over the nosy, jealous John, who reads his flatmate´s correspondence without any hesitation and then makes the other party feel guilty about it. LOL! I think he was quite in character here. What he had done was unreasonable, but love was never the most reasonable thing around, was it? Him feeling guilty and ashamed in hindsight was a very nice touch though, it made him look human and sympathetic, that old John we know, again.

And then suddenly, BAM! Poor Victor discarded like a dishrag, without a guilt of his own. I felt so sorry for him.  After you painted him in such a flattering light, was this cruel fate you had in store for him really neccessary? 

I demand a sequel in which poor Vicky comes back and lives in an awesome threesome with both Sherlock and John. Or else! 

Yours sincerelly

Nakahara

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 6, 2015 1:01 am  #297

It looks like you need a shock blanket over there, nakahara.

Last edited by Yitzock (December 6, 2015 1:01 am)

Clueing for looks.

December 6, 2015 8:05 am  #298

Letters From the Past.

I confess to not being much of a Johnlocker but this was adorable.
Feeling a bit sorry for Victor though.

December 6, 2015 9:02 am  #299

I only got to read the stories now, and they are all lovely. Well done, unknown authors!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

December 6, 2015 1:52 pm  #300

I know I planned not to post a fic today but TBH the place holder picture joke is so long that posting it would take a lot longer than posting a fic. And as I really don't have much time today, I decided to post the next fic today and the picture joke tomorrow.

Hope you don't mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera