BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 19, 2015 11:18 am  #181

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2015

I'm a bit over 15000 word and I still have to write the climax scene. I'd already sent the first bit to my beta readers because I knew I'd be late. I'm doing nanowrimo with a piece of original fiction so I'm a bit short on time. 

BTW, I also put an explanation of how to convert on the first page of this thread. There are a few different steps that we were struggling with last time and this was the way it worked. 

November 20, 2015 5:24 am  #182

Absolutely. I just got the first fic and the formating is perfect. Well done, secret you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 21, 2015 4:37 pm  #183

Did you get my PM, Schmiezi?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 21, 2015 4:54 pm  #184

One question.  Oh what date next month will the submitted stories be posted?

November 21, 2015 6:16 pm  #185

Kerkerian wrote:

Did you get my PM, Schmiezi?

Yes, I did. Sorry, I thought I answered already. O o

Everything's fine. Will pm you later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 21, 2015 6:17 pm  #186

kgreen20 wrote:

One question.  Oh what date next month will the submitted stories be posted?

The first one will be posted December 1st.

November 21, 2015 8:50 pm  #187

I see.  So they'll all be posted over a period of days, then.  How will this be done?  Will the stories all be posted on their own thread, or what?

November 21, 2015 9:02 pm  #188

If I'm not mistaken, there will be one a day.

Clueing for looks.

November 21, 2015 9:07 pm  #189

kgreen20 wrote:

I see.  So they'll all be posted over a period of days, then.  How will this be done?  Will the stories all be posted on their own thread, or what?

A little research in the previous years' Santa threads might answer your questions.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 24, 2015 12:38 pm  #190

Schmiezi wrote:

How is everybody doing? I've written 2200 words so far and I like what I did, even though it is not enough yet.

I'm currently over 9,000 words. For now all my attention is on a fic for a different fest. Will complete this but possibly not before December 1st. And am having fun with the plot.

November 25, 2015 5:04 am  #191

Just a little update from me:

So far I received two fics that are finished (plus one extra piece of work just for fun) and three requests for an extended dead line. I would feel a lot better if finished fics started coming in soon.

November 25, 2015 5:14 am  #192

Here is my plan about when to post the fics. What do you think?

01.12.15 Fic 1
02.12.15  ---
03.12.15 Fic 2
04.12.15 ---
05.12.15 Fic 3
06.12.15 ---
07.12.15 Fic 4
08.12.15 ---
09.12.15 Fic 5
10.12.15 ---
11.12.15 Fic 6
12.12.15 ---
13.12.15 Fic 7
14.12.15 Fic 8
15.12.15 Fic 9
16.12.15 Fic 10
17.12.15 Fic 11
18.12.15 Fic 12
19.12.15 Fic 13
20.12.15 Fic 14
21.12.15 Fic 15
22.12.15 Fic 16
23.12.15 Fic 17
24.12.15 Fic 18
25.12.15 Fic 19
26.12.15 Fic 20
27.12.15 Fic 21

There are a few gaps in the beginning. If someone has something to fill them (pics, fun fics, whatever), please contact me.

Last edited by Schmiezi (November 25, 2015 5:14 am)

November 25, 2015 7:59 am  #193

That looks good. Really looking forward to it.

Last edited by gently69 (November 25, 2015 8:02 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 25, 2015 8:10 am  #194

Looks good!
Can I just suggest that, as a Secret Santa (i.e. Christmas present) you could use the last two ones to fill two gaps from the beginning?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 25, 2015 8:12 am  #195

Nice posting plan. Excited already.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 25, 2015 8:45 am  #196

Looks very good to me. And I would support Lily's proposal in case you get nothing to fill the gaps at the beginning. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 25, 2015 9:00 am  #197

I think that depends on the amount of fics Schmiezi already has at this time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 25, 2015 9:17 am  #198

gently69 wrote:

I think that depends on the amount of fics Schmiezi already has at this time.

Exactly. At the moment I am a bit pessimistic about it. :-(

November 25, 2015 9:24 am  #199

Keeping fingers crossed that you will be flooded with fics during the next days. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 25, 2015 9:31 am  #200

Oh but surely all the fics will roll in November the 30th. 

I agree, if possible, it'd be nice to have the last ones at Christmas. 

Update on my fic: the climax sequence is done: yeeey! Now I only need one denouement scene and it can be edited and back to my betas. I think I might make the deadline, depending on how many mistakes my betas will find. 

Board footera