BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2015 3:41 am  #1

Another American

Hi everyone! My name is Alex and I'm 17. Female, for those confused by my gender neutral name. I found this website in search of a friend to talk to nonstop about how wonderful and amazing Sherlock is. I'm not weird I promise, only a little problematic.
So I found out about Sherlock through Tumblr, how original am I? At first I thought it was some weird British TV show with some weird looking man and Bilbo Baggins. But then I started to watch it, and I was pleasantly surprised. This show has undoubtedly change my life for the better and somewhat worse. Now happily in love with Benedict Cumberbatch, and smitten with Martin Freeman, I can say that this is the greatest show I've ever had the privelege to be a part of (fandomly speaking.)
I can't say what I hope to gain from this website, only friends I guess. I mean yeah I have friends, but they don't appreaciate Sherlock, or haven't seen it.
Being on this site reminds me of when I was totally obsessed with One Direction. I'm acting like a 15 year old again. Not my best year but I made it through only a little traumatized.
I hope I find kindness and support for my extremely odd self, and thank you to whoever created this website.

Last edited by getsherlock (September 8, 2015 3:49 am)

September 8, 2015 4:06 am  #2

Re: Another American

Good morning, Alex, and welcome!
You've found the right place for your "extremely odd self".
We all here are a bit not "normal".
Make yourself at home and have a cuppa!

Last edited by tobeornot221b (September 8, 2015 4:06 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 8, 2015 4:14 am  #3

Welcome, Alex. It sounds like you have found absolutely the right place to be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 8, 2015 6:11 am  #4

Welcome. Alex, stroll around, make friends and have fun!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 8, 2015 7:38 pm  #5

Welcome from me as well - your Bilbo Baggins words made me laugh 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 8, 2015 8:26 pm  #6

Welcome to the madness, Alex, have fun! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 8, 2015 9:08 pm  #7

Hello, hi and welcome Alex. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera