BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2013 4:21 pm  #781

Re: Star Trek

Davina wrote:

But the ears! Perhaps not...I was going to mention something about being willing to have Bones' babies but whichever way I try to express this it just sounds WRONG! 

Gee...  thanks for making me laugh out loud in the library!  (Wink)   
(to say nothing of course about the attractiveness of the entire cast... ahem...  ;p)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 26, 2013 6:17 pm  #782

We aim to please. I always had a soft spot for the original Bones and I am happy to say that Karl Urban is a more than adequate replacement! (Somehow that has also come out sounding so WRONG too!  )

Any how, back to the matter in hand...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 27, 2013 3:41 am  #783

Davina wrote:

But the ears!

I woke up the next morning to realise I ordered Spock ear tips on eBay.

...I regret nothing.

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

May 28, 2013 5:09 pm  #784

Look, who's currently topping the IMDb STARmeter top 10 list.
I've ever seen him there before.

http://www.imdb.com/chart/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 28, 2013 5:11 pm  #785

Right where he belongs!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 28, 2013 5:22 pm  #786

And now guess who's on Top 1 of the actor ranking. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 28, 2013 5:23 pm  #787

Yaay!      And can I just say, um, ...'Eeeeeeeeeee!!' excited finally get my chance after a busy week to get to go see it myself!!  Finally get to read the 'spoiler' thread, and know what everyone's talking about, and see how awesome it is, and, and.....     (and I don't even care I have to make a 'trek' to a theater an hour away....)     

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 9, 2013 3:46 pm  #788

Sherli Bakerst and I went to a big Star Trek convention in downtown Boston yesterday.  I hadn't been to a Trek convention since the 70's so I wasn't sure what to expect.  What I was hoping was that there would be souvenir stuff in the vendor rooms from STID.  Unfortunately that was not the case.  Don't know if STID is under a completely different franchise and therefore merchandise not authorized - at least not yet - but it was a disappointing 'no-go'. The whole convention was under the slick production of a company called Creation Entertainment and focused on 'Classic Trek' up through 'Enterprise'. In the old days you could wander from room to room at a con and find lots of different stuff going on all the time. You could pick and choose what you wanted to do and see. This event was choreographed.  You just stayed in one place and different events and actors appeared on the stage at set times.  I did like seeing the actors - especially George Takei and Brent Spiner.  Most enjoyable however was a talk by Richard Arnold who was Gene Roddenberry's right-hand man and an ST authority.  Finally some discussion of the Abrams movies came out.  Overwhelmingly, the audience approves of the reboot with only a handful of die-hards who consider them to be a "travesty".  Richard Arnold however thinks they're great and during the course of his talk let slip an important spoiler about "John Harrison" LOL!  When that name came out I almost screamed out "Benedict Cumberbatch!" from my seat in the balcony but restrained myself at the last second.  Now I wish I hadn't.  I bet it would have gotten a laugh and then some applause - at least from the females in the audience.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 10, 2013 8:37 pm  #789

Going to see this tomorrow with a buddy. I thought the first Abrams Trek was very good, I have high hopes for this one, especially Benedict's performance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 10, 2013 8:37 pm  #790

You are in for a treat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 11, 2013 4:50 am  #791

Let us know what you think of it DramaGod.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 13, 2013 11:05 pm  #792

I HAVE A DATE WITH BENEDICT TOMORROW!!! Finally going to see this, I can't WAIT! I'm a big ST fan, love Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto in these roles, and Ben is going to be the hot, sexy icing on the already delightful cake. So excited. That voice in surround-sound...somebody bring the defibrillator.

June 14, 2013 12:09 am  #793

Merry wrote:

I HAVE A DATE WITH BENEDICT TOMORROW!!! Finally going to see this, I can't WAIT! I'm a big ST fan, love Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto in these roles, and Ben is going to be the hot, sexy icing on the already delightful cake. So excited. That voice in surround-sound...somebody bring the defibrillator.

That's wonderful! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

June 14, 2013 2:48 am  #794

I have the day off tomorrow and all I can think of is I want to see STITD again.    For science.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 14, 2013 6:21 am  #795

So go see it.

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

June 16, 2013 6:37 pm  #796

Post better suited to the other thread I think...

Last edited by bohemia (June 16, 2013 6:51 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We met twice, five minutes in total. I pulled a gun, he tried to blow me up. I felt we had a special something.

Icon credit: wraith816 @ livejournal

Board footera