BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2012 6:05 pm  #61

Re: Star Trek

Goodness gracious me! Where on earth have you been m0r? Have you just beamed back down?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 4, 2012 6:07 pm  #62

Oh, m0r! Haven't seen you in ages - what a nice surprise!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 4, 2012 8:36 pm  #63

It's hard staying dead for too long

Nice to see you both, seems whatever that script was running on the site's been cleaned up.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 4, 2012 10:24 pm  #64

Yay! The same thought crossed my mind...you know...the staying dead bit. 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 4, 2012 10:52 pm  #65

Oh dear me!!! Mor!!! I'm so happy to read you again!!!

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

December 5, 2012 1:21 am  #66

About the picture: Well, at least it looks like the character can't really fall off that hill! 

Great to see you again, m0r!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

December 5, 2012 10:00 am  #67

December 5, 2012 12:35 pm  #68

Hi back again!
Has anybody read that? What does he mean with `This may be better than Sherlock´? Honestly: Somehow I don´t like that hype around Star Trek.....
http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/04/abrams-cumberbatch-pine-talk-star-trek-into-darkness-at-tokyo-press-event-photos/

December 5, 2012 1:28 pm  #69

I don't know but I wouldn't read too much into this. It's his first big Hollywood movie in a world famous franchise, so there's bound to be a lot of hype. As long as he keeps doing  "smaller" things like radio, TV, theatre, audio books, etc. it's okay with me. I don't think he'd say that Star Trek's better than Sherlock. He knows quite well what made him big. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2012 1:43 pm  #70

Hope so ;-)). Yes, you are very likely right, but it was somehow - disappointing (imagine this word spoken in the same chant like Henry Knight does it at the beginning of THoB ;-)). Another reason for my mixed feelings is that I was listening some days ago to an interview with Chris Pine - I felt somehow like being in `the wrong film´. There is a big - hmhm, let´s say ´fall´ between the actors of SHERLOCK and this one, isn´t it? He might be a good actor (can´t say that, never saw him), but clever conversation is not so much his area, or?

December 5, 2012 2:19 pm  #71

I can understand your disappointment. But I felt the same when there was this story in the summer about leaving London and moving to the US and posh-bashing, and in the end most of it was just made up. Maybe the interview was abridged and they quoted something out of context. Or it may have been an in joke.

I don't know any interviews with Chris Pine but of course Benedict is known to be very well educated, has been to university, is well-read, etc. He's not the average Hollywood star for which I'm glad. This doesn't mean all Hollywood stars are dumb, not at all, but he's got class. Just listen to him talking. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2012 2:25 pm  #72

m0r1arty wrote:

It's hard staying dead for too long

Nice to see you both, seems whatever that script was running on the site's been cleaned up.

-m0r

Ah, testosterone!

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

December 5, 2012 2:50 pm  #73

If you look closely at the picture, is that the London Eye in the background on the left?

Makes sense the destroyed city would be London. Probably been that way since Sherlock tore it up looking for all of Moriarty's gang. After all, the movie does star "Sherlock Cumberbatch" as the villain...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

December 5, 2012 2:52 pm  #74

This Moving-to-the-US-Story i luckily heard afterwards. I just have discovered 'Sherlock' in Oktober :-). But i know exactly what you mean, must be somehow the same feeling that i have now. Or even worse.
Thanks for your answers, i'm making it short now, because i am using my mobile right now - Not really comfortable, it always corrects my words into German ones, stupid thing... Maybe later i am going on and will send a link to Chris pine, if i find it again.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (December 5, 2012 2:58 pm)

December 5, 2012 6:40 pm  #75

Plus, they're translating languages and even the article itself prefaces that, saying something may get lost in translation, so you might take that into account for how they might comes across sounding.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 6, 2012 3:32 am  #76

Funny, how different Martin and Benedict approach 'stardom'...

December 6, 2012 4:15 am  #77

I think he was saying his performance is better than Sherlock, not that the film is better than Sherlock. They're not really comparable anyway. Entirely different animals. Anyway, that's how I read it in the context of JJ's comments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 6, 2012 9:23 am  #78

aaaaahhhh

Last edited by Sherly (December 6, 2012 9:29 am)

December 6, 2012 9:27 am  #79

Ooohhh, just wanted to post this. OMG, and whose voice do I hear? 

December 6, 2012 9:41 am  #80

He is magnificent, i'm just thrilled to bits

Board footera