BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2013 11:35 am  #681

Re: Star Trek

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Russell wrote:

That ad is freaking hilarious! Love it... But what's the comment they both exclaim at the end?

You mean the Audi ad, right?  Nimoy and Quinto say, "Fascinating" at the end--Spock's signature comment.

That's right... thanks!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 11, 2013 2:27 pm  #682

I decided to ship Kirk and Spock. Why not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 11, 2013 2:29 pm  #683

Well in real life it woul at least be possible!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 11, 2013 3:36 pm  #684

We just rented out the first movie now - something nice for tonight.... on the sofa with pizza and wine. ;-)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 11, 2013 3:46 pm  #685

Mattlocked wrote:

We just rented out the first movie now - something nice for tonight.... on the sofa with pizza and wine. ;-)

No reason for you to choke on anything while watching...Have a safe evening!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 11, 2013 3:51 pm  #686

I could throw pizza slices or olives at Kirk.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 11, 2013 7:02 pm  #687

Aw, leave him alone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 11, 2013 8:16 pm  #688

Mary Me wrote:

I decided to ship Kirk and Spock. Why not.

This was the relationship that started the whole "shipping" business in the first place - back in the 70's.  I remember it well.  You'll be in good company.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 11, 2013 8:18 pm  #689

Yep, my thoughts entirely.

May 11, 2013 9:40 pm  #690

I'm afraid to look at this thread since the movie hasn't opened here yet.  But Ben is getting a lot of exposure. My sweet husband noticed that Ben was going to be on David Letterman and taped it for me (See it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv9olE0a9M4.). Ben was charming and funny. Ditto on Jimmy Fallon: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzs1ho_late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-benedict-cumberbatch-has-talented-fans_news. Unfortunately, on the Today Show, the hosts were rushing him and talked right over his stories. Still, he was delightful: http://www.today.com/entertainment/star-treks-new-villain-benedict-cumberbatch-gullible-easily-embarrased-1C9873128. These links may have already been posted, but as I said, I'm afraid to look through the thread.
 (Only problem -- do not like the hair!)

May 11, 2013 9:47 pm  #691

I'm back. OMG OMG OMG FEELS. It was soo soo great, I can't even put it in words. I guess I will use the spoiler thread from now.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 13, 2013 2:35 am  #692

I found it fitting that no tonly most femals but also several males audibly swooned over 'John Harrison' at the press screening in Sydney

May 13, 2013 5:46 am  #693

Woohoo!

May 14, 2013 11:14 am  #694

Real life has intervened, yet again, and now I cannot go to see it tonight! Might treat ourselves to a full price viewing or will have to wait until next Tuesday for cheaper tickets. Oh decisions! Decisions!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 14, 2013 12:59 pm  #695

Oh, you haven't watched it yet, Davina? Do it NOW! 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 14, 2013 7:57 pm  #696

I caaaan't!  I neeeed tooooo!  I must persuade them to come with me sooooon! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 14, 2013 8:09 pm  #697

Yeahh, you truly need to! 

I'm going to watch it tomorrow again with my best friend in 3D. I told her that there were rules that she better follows.
1. She is not allowed to insult Benedict or say something negative about him in general
2. She is allowed to throw popcorn at Kirk but she also must be cheering for the bad boy. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 14, 2013 9:57 pm  #698

Saw it last week, downloaded a cam version, still going to see it again in the theatres later this week.
Cannot get enough Quinto or Cumberbatch.

I mean, even without them, it's an epic, amazing movie.
They just make sure I need to bring a spare pair of underwear to change into afterwards...

0=)

Last edited by Sampy Arctica (May 14, 2013 9:59 pm)

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

May 14, 2013 10:08 pm  #699

Sherli Bakerst and I are going together on Sunday to watch in 3-D.  Luckily we don't need rules for attending as we are experienced "Cumberbatch On The Big Screen" watchers, having seen "Frankenstein" together last summer.  In fact, we think we might have been the first non-related Board members to have a meet-up.   .  On Sunday we will both behave with the utmost decorum just like we did before, right Sherli? No sqweeing, no pop-corn throwing.  However, no guarantees that I won't moan and whimper a little now and then, but that's about it

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 16, 2013 12:40 am  #700

KeepersPrice wrote:

Sherli Bakerst and I are going together on Sunday to watch in 3-D. Luckily we don't need rules for attending as we are experienced "Cumberbatch On The Big Screen" watchers, having seen "Frankenstein" together last summer. In fact, we think we might have been the first non-related Board members to have a meet-up. .

Yup, we are and I do believe we were!  And this time we don't have to drive across most of the state to see him--we'll just be in a state when we do!

KeepersPrice wrote:

On Sunday we will both behave with the utmost decorum just like we did before, right Sherli?

Speak for yourself, woman!

KeepersPrice wrote:

No sqweeing, no pop-corn throwing. However, no guarantees that I won't moan and whimper a little now and then, but that's about it

She means during the movie; afterwards, anything can and may happen, but can't be used against us... What happens in MA stays in MA!!!

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (May 16, 2013 12:42 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

Board footera