BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2012 9:53 pm  #21

Re: Star Trek

sherlockskitty wrote:

Oh  really?  Ben's not playing Q?  I  LOVED that charrie in  ST  TNG.   What is the title of the first Star trek movie that  you are talking about here?   I've seen  other ST  movies--FROM  NUMBER 1,  TO THE ONE  with the whales in san francisco.  Then  I saw the one that was made  in 2008  or 2009....
I remember seeing the other artilce where they showed a pic  of Ben  with his face under some ice.   Wonder what that's all about? 

when is this movie going to be out in theaters in the USA?

It's coming out next May. I want to say the 17th but that's just off the top of my head. I'm really excited, because I've loved Star Trek even longer than I've loved Sherlock. I am a Next Generation fangirl, though. For some reason I could never love Kirk as much as Picard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 17, 2012 5:41 pm  #22

He's always dressed from head to toe in leather when he's on his motorbike anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 17, 2012 5:45 pm  #23

Unfortunately he never comes my way on his motorbike  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 17, 2012 7:07 pm  #24

Everytime I see a fit chap on a motorbike, I imagine it's him... well, it could be anyone, couldn't it, so why not him? Okay, that's a little creepy - sorry!

Hm. I don't think he will be Q since I think they don't do characters from TNG, do they?
I don't think he's doing Khan either, since Simon Pegg said he's not playing him and I believe him, hehe. And I kind of don't want him to be Khan.
Don't know about that Gary Mitchell guy, I think I've read somewhere he's not. He is, though, definitely canon and not a new character.
Whoever he is playing, I hope it's an interesting character... but I bet he is!

I think it's amazing how much they can keep secret about this movie - not even the name of the main villain is known!

July 20, 2012 7:18 am  #25

Roberto Orci  has denied that Benedict is playing Gary Mitchell in the film.
'Alice Eve and Benedict will be canon! That means Eve and Cumberbatch are playing characters we've seen before in the original series.'

www.sciencefiction.com/2012/07/18/roberto-orci-denies-benedict-cumberbatch-is-mitchell/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 7, 2012 10:28 pm  #26

Whoever he is, him playing the villain in this movie is a dream come true!! Can't wait!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 8, 2012 12:00 am  #27

Just had a thought:  Maybe Ben plays a Gorn!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

September 11, 2012 12:38 pm  #28

Title for movie has been confirmed as Star Trek Into Darkness. May 17th 2013 is release date.

www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/star-trek-2-title-official-confirmed/285489

September 11, 2012 7:28 pm  #29

May, not bad! Wonder when the first trailer will come out. Not a big fan of the title but I don't care what it's called

October 7, 2012 4:39 pm  #30

I think out of everything, this is the one I am most looking forward to,at the mo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 8, 2012 12:55 am  #31

besleybean wrote:

I think out of everything, this is the one I am most looking forward to,at the mo!

Same. I seriously can't wait to see his character in action/on the big screen...

Last edited by Sam (October 8, 2012 12:56 am)

October 8, 2012 7:27 am  #32

I'm also rather keen on Mr Quinto!

Last edited by besleybean (November 15, 2012 5:16 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 8, 2012 7:25 pm  #33

^ Same again

Seeing those leaked pics of Zach and Ben fighting make me even more excited.

October 8, 2012 7:38 pm  #34

Seeing Mr Quinto with Benedict at the Emmy's...made me very interested! 

October 8, 2012 8:00 pm  #35

I know, they really seemed to love each other (platonicly). Adorbs.

October 9, 2012 2:19 am  #36

besleybean wrote:

Seeing Mr Quinto with Benedict at the Emmy's...made me very interested! 

Wouldn't BC make a good Vulcan, too, with those eyes and cheekbones?

October 9, 2012 7:07 am  #37

I know...I think a reassessment of characters would be feasible, but hey, I never even saw the 1st film!

Last edited by besleybean (November 15, 2012 5:16 pm)

November 15, 2012 10:49 am  #38

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 15, 2012 12:05 pm  #39

Looks like The Hobbit and the ST preview will be competing with each other - or maybe I should say complementing each other.  They both come out around the same time I think.  It would be frosting on my cake to go see The Hobbit and have this preview come on first. Will The Hobbit show at IMAX theaters I wonder?  I would think so.....*lining up to buy my ticket now*

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 16, 2012 5:04 am  #40

More details from here

http://trekmovie.com/2012/11/15/exclusive-first-star-trek-into-darkness-trailer-also-premiering-dec-14th/

"TrekMovie has exclusively learned from multiple trusted sources that the first trailer forStar Trek Into Darkness will premiere with screenings of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on December 14th. To be clear this Trek trailer is a completely different thing than the 9-minute preview of the beginning of the new movie which will be shown at IMAX screenings of the Hobbit film. Also TrekMovie has confirmed that the IMAX screenings will not be showing the trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness. So if you want trailer see non-IMAX Hobbit and if you want preview of opening 9 minutes see IMAX Hobbit.

Details are still sketchy on the trailer itself, however TrekMovie has confirmed it is not a condensed version of the 9-minute preview showing on IMAX. Specifically sources confirm the trailer contains material from many parts of the movie. We have also learned that this is a traditional theatrical trailer and not just short teaser trailer.

While the trailer will show exclusively with non-IMAX screenings of The Hobbit on the weekend of December 14th, it should be available with additional films by the following weekend, including Paramount’s new Jack Reacher film opening December 21st. It is also expected to be available online. If JJ Abrams sticks with tradition, the trailer would be released online after the first weekend. However, this is not the case for the 9-minute preview of Star Trek Into Darkness showing on IMAX screens. Sources tell TrekMovie the opening sequence preview will not be made available online."

I already bought regular movie tickets so now I must see it in IMAX the second viewing ;) Very excited for the trailer - we best get a glimpse of Ben!

Last edited by Sam (November 16, 2012 5:05 am)

Board footera