BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 25, 2013 6:31 pm  #321

Re: Star Trek

More acceptable in the past.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 25, 2013 8:56 pm  #322

Schmiezi wrote:

By the way, the green lady (an Orion woman) from the last movie didn't seem overly unhappy to share meaningless sex with Kirk...?

She seemed quite unhappy after, when she discovered that she had been used by Kirk in order to access the code of Kobayashi Maru scenario (this scene didn't make into the final cut, you can watch it on dvd among deleted ones) 

April 4, 2013 5:06 pm  #323

Just found this extract from an interview with JJ Abrams:

“People have asked me why I chose Benedict for this and I would answer that by saying, ‘why not Benedict for everything?’ He is so crazy good. I loved working with him. He brings exactly the respect and intelligence and depth and also humour to every scene as I was hoping he would. When I saw his work in Sherlock, like so many others I was impressed by his seemingly effortless dexterity and his ability. It was almost like watching an Olympic gymnast go from incredible position to incredible position. He really is an exceptional talent and in addition to being the great actor he is, he was an absolute joy to spend some time with. He is someone who just elevated everything and while you don’t want the classic, clichéd British villain, which we’ve all seen a million times, my guess is that we’ve seen just as many American villains. I think Benedict is one of the best actors alive. So the real question is ‘why did he accept the movie?’ I think he is so good and seeing him in Sherlock just blew my mind and I had that feeling that he would be great for almost anything. And he exceeded all my expectations”

JJ Abrams on why he picked Benedict Cumberbatch as a villain in Star Trek Into Darkness.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 4, 2013 5:11 pm  #324

Because he has taste!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 4, 2013 5:34 pm  #325

Another fanboy. Why not Benedict for everything, yes, that would be nice. A lot of work for him though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 4, 2013 5:42 pm  #326

And there are some films in which I wouldn't want to see him. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 4, 2013 8:14 pm  #327

Well, we wouldn't want him playing both Sherlock and Irene for example, would we?

April 9, 2013 11:36 am  #328

veecee wrote:

Well, we wouldn't want him playing both Sherlock and Irene for example, would we?

That might be a bit awkward. 

Ta-da: My local cinema will do a sneak preview of STID on 8 May. 

April 9, 2013 12:27 pm  #329

SusiGo wrote:

Ta-da: My local cinema will do a sneak preview of STID on 8 May. 

NOOOOO, I can't believe that our local cinema won't, especially as the 9th is a holiday. Need to research!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 10, 2013 5:35 am  #330

Who is thinking of attending the Australian premiere of STID?

Star Trek Into Darkness will open to the public as soon as May 9th in many markets around the world (including Australia). But before the official release date comes the gala red carpet events and it appears the official world premiere will be in Sydney Australia – as it was with the 2009 Star Trek movie. The Australian Telegraph is reporting that director J.J. Abrams along with Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, and Karl Urban will attend a red carpet premiere for Star Trek Into Darkness in Sydney Australia on April 23rd.

I have to admit, it could be fun meeting up with other board members? Who is interested?

Here are some pictures fom the STFC premiere in 2009 [link]http://trekmovie.com/2013/04/07/star-trek-into-darkness-gala-premiere-set-for-april-23rd-in-sydney-australia-more-cities-to-follow/[/link].

April 10, 2013 2:00 pm  #331

Another interview. Love the pic. 

http://cumbertrekky.tumblr.com/image/47614124355

April 11, 2013 8:02 am  #332

Went to see the re-release of Jurassic Park in 3D a few nights ago, and got to see a Star Trek preview in 3D. It was delicious.

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

April 12, 2013 7:52 am  #333

Austria discovers Benedict . And you can read the whole mag including thatSTID article on: http://www.skip.at/.

Last edited by SusiGo (April 12, 2013 12:03 pm)

April 12, 2013 7:54 pm  #334

http://www.startrekmovie.com.au/wvn8scv4kdn2glno/#

I'm really looking forward to this! Going to be away in France when it's released, annoyingly, but will see it on my return at the end of May.

i am already really rooting for Benedict's character, even though I know he's the bad guy. He's just so damn fine when he's evil, what can I say....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 13, 2013 7:51 am  #335

I've been touching the Tube postes and shouting ' Benedict'!

April 14, 2013 5:12 pm  #336

Finally! I've got my tickets for the double feature in Bonn on May 8th!
Star Trek in 2D, Star Trek: Into Darkness in 3D. YAY!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 16, 2013 4:13 pm  #337

Have you seen the new trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ec_rPApKCA&feature=youtu.be

Lots of BC goodies. I cannot wait!

April 16, 2013 4:23 pm  #338

It's a bit not good that the Sherlock forum posts this faster than the Star Trek group on facebook I'm in... 

Last edited by Schmiezi (April 16, 2013 4:24 pm)

April 16, 2013 4:40 pm  #339

lol!  In any case, I love Benedict saying "no ship should go down without her captain". Oh, dear!

April 16, 2013 4:44 pm  #340

I'm so happy that my favourite cinema here will show the original version on Wednesday May 8th!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera