BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 22, 2013 7:07 pm  #301

Re: Star Trek

MaggieM wrote:

Hold up! Susi posted the trailers--i just put in my two cents. There.

oops! My mind was fogged, lol! Thank you Susi!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

March 22, 2013 7:34 pm  #302

Sherly wrote:

Too cute. I love that they drew cheekbones on "Ben."

March 22, 2013 7:37 pm  #303

miriel68 wrote:

here is the link to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOQMXNwp8wo

heart attack: well said! 

Breathing a little fast at the moment.

March 22, 2013 7:38 pm  #304

MaggieM wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I just suffered a heart attack. You've been warned. 

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrekintodarkness/

*chills. bad-ass like shaft. the anti-hero to end all anti-heros, i think. (that's gonna be one heck of a viewing audience: trekkies, summer-movie thrill seekers, fangirlies, little old ladies who watch PBS, oh my )

And which are you?

March 22, 2013 9:56 pm  #305

You do know it will end in tears don't you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 22, 2013 10:08 pm  #306

My son keeps telling me that the villain always in the end and that I'm not allowed to cry. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 23, 2013 7:31 am  #307

Yes, I am very excited and yet I wait for the movie with some trepidation, because I can already foretell that  I will be rooting for the villain.... no good, since, as we know, villains are meant to be losers in the end. It doesn't help that I have no sympathy whatsoever for Kirk - I didn't like him in the precedent ST movie, either - for he comes as arrogant ass, liar and womanizer (in bed with two catwomen at once... bleh), not someone I would like to see winning over our poor tortured-soul hero.
I must say, however, that some dialogue seemed cheesy... "I will walk over your cold bodies" hmm... but then, it is Star Trek, not Tom Stoppard dialogue. And Alice Eve in her pants and bra was just bad taste, IMO.

March 23, 2013 8:47 am  #308

miriel68 wrote:

I must say, however, that some dialogue seemed cheesy... "I will walk over your cold bodies" hmm... but then, it is Star Trek, not Tom Stoppard dialogue. And Alice Eve in her pants and bra was just bad taste, IMO.

I absolutely agree, the sudden appearance of a nearly naked woman had a huge cringe factor. And Chris Pine - huuhhhhh -, also not my cup of tea . Although I grew up with the old Star Trek series I would never watch that film. Under normal circumstances .....

Last edited by anjaH_alias (March 23, 2013 8:47 am)

March 23, 2013 9:10 am  #309

Yes, half naked woman is a bit disappointing...tho at least 2 of the main stars would be uninterested!

Last edited by besleybean (March 23, 2013 12:52 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 23, 2013 9:18 am  #310

But the Kirk from the original series has been quite a ladies man as well. It was just better hidden because you couldn't show it on TV like you can today. I can't remember which episode it was, but there was this scene where he told Bones and Spock he would go to this woman to discuss things with her. In the next sene he was sitting on her bed, putting his boots back on...

I'm a Star Trek fan for 22 years now and I love this new approach to the show.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 24, 2013 11:55 am  #311

I love the new trailer!!! It is brilliant.^^
And I heard about the premiere in Berlin. But I have a "final problem": I will have tests on May 6th and May 7th. But if Benedict come...I HAVE to be there....or I will regret it (for the rest of my life).

March 24, 2013 12:12 pm  #312

Your education is more important than a film or actor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 24, 2013 10:11 pm  #313

Schmiezi wrote:

But the Kirk from the original series has been quite a ladies man as well.

Oh, yes, he was a ladies man all right (and may be that's why I have never been particularly fond of Kirk - give me Spock every day.) This new Kirk, however, strikes me as far less charming as the "old" one, who was falling with a new lady in every episode, but did it with some charme. The new Kirk goes to bed with the green lady in the first movie only in order to use her as a tool in his cheating trick with Kobayashi Maru scenerio and - as far as we know - goes to bed with two cat-women together in the second movie for pure sexual exercise. Sight. Also, the "new" Kirk is a spoiled brat, becomes captain by using a sneaky trick on Spock, lies to cover his own  the rules-breaking (as we know from the 30 minutes preview of the new movie) and is convinced that the Starfleet should be about "vendetta" (new trailer). No, not really a kind of a hero I would like to see to triumph over BC's villain....

March 25, 2013 7:19 am  #314

Ah. But remember that Kirk and Uhura had the first inter-racial kiss on US TV. This was ground breaking at the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 25, 2013 8:51 am  #315

Davina wrote:

Ah. But remember that Kirk and Uhura had the first inter-racial kiss on US TV. This was ground breaking at the time.

It was, even though the kiss had been forced by some superpowerfull being. Star Trek has had many groundbreaking moments (except "Enterprise", maybe), that's one reason why I love it.

By the way, the green lady (an Orion woman) from the last movie didn't seem overly unhappy to share meaningless sex with Kirk...

Oops, can you say that s-word here?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 25, 2013 11:38 am  #316

Davina wrote:

Yes, and Uhura was also the first female engineer in TV history, also ground-breaking: a woman in responsibilty for a job dealing with technology and techniques.

March 25, 2013 12:17 pm  #317

March 25, 2013 12:43 pm  #318

Oh yes, the famous inter-racial kiss . But it was a forced kiss, nevertheless.

March 25, 2013 2:03 pm  #319

March 25, 2013 6:26 pm  #320

anjaH_alias wrote:

Davina wrote:

Yes, and Uhura was also the first female engineer in TV history, also ground-breaking: a woman in responsibilty for a job dealing with technology and techniques.

While wearing a very short skirt.

Board footera