BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2013 4:18 pm  #241

Re: Star Trek

I'm totally not interested in Star Trek, never have been, but I'll go watch that movie. Wonder why.

February 7, 2013 5:17 pm  #242

biscuitbear wrote:

I'm totally not interested in Star Trek, never have been, but I'll go watch that movie. Wonder why.

Just my thoughts. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 7, 2013 5:35 pm  #243

Of course he's in front He belongs there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

February 7, 2013 5:43 pm  #244

Exactly. Move over, Jim. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 8, 2013 10:05 am  #245

February 8, 2013 12:00 pm  #246

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

February 8, 2013 9:52 pm  #247

Haha it surprises me that he's not the tallest man in the picture

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

February 8, 2013 10:53 pm  #248

Mell92 wrote:

Haha it surprises me that he's not the tallest man in the picture

Good point... what the hell are they feeding those actors, they must be enormous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

February 8, 2013 10:57 pm  #249

So…. you guys can probably imagine opening your mailbox in anticipation of this week's EW, but instead of going 'eeeee' at the above-posted previous image, it's more of a curious-surprised 'aww, c'mon!!' with seeing the other cover instead:

Sure, sure, it's only a cover!  (and the article is great!!)  And seriously, all the male leads are awesome, handsome guys.  But still… I wanted to open it to Ben's face!  ;D
(I have a suspicion, based on other times they did multiple 'collector covers', that newsstands tend to get one kind (or a varied mix of all), and subscribers another?  Because I stopped at the library after, and lo and behold, there was Ben on the new issues rack.   Hnnph)  ;PPP

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 19, 2013 9:01 am  #250

=18pxBenedict Cumberbatch voices Star Trek Into Darkness motion poster

[url=http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-02-18/benedict-cumberbatch-voices-star-trek-into-darkness-motion-poster]

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-02-18/benedict-cumberbatch-voices-star-trek-into-darkness-motion-poster[/url]

Benedict Cumberbatch sounds thoroughly chilling as the narrator of this newly-released motion poster for Star Trek Into Darkness.

The artwork is an animated version of the film’s original teaser poster featuring a shot of Cumberbatch as the arch-villain currently known as “John Harrison” surveying the ruins of a cityscape.

As the camera pulls back, we hear the star repeating the lines heard in trailers for the movie: "You think your world is safe. It is an illusion... I have returned. To have. My. Vengeance.”

February 28, 2013 3:11 pm  #251

The Italian magazine Best Movie has a special on Star Trek and a stunning new photo of Benedict in the March issue:  The first sentence above the pics says: Finally an Italian magazine dedicates an article to Benedict. (Well said) Somewhere on tumblr you'll find the whole thing. I don't know much Italian but there doesn't seem to be any vital new information. 

http://www.cumberbatched-it.net/news-benedict-su-best-movie-di-marzo/

Last edited by SusiGo (February 28, 2013 3:14 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 28, 2013 3:25 pm  #252

No. Nothing new from what I can make out- all a bit blurry on my screen. It does say about getting your hands on the March copy if you can! It mentions his forthcoming part in the Star Trek movie, his rrole in Sherlock and how in the film he will be a villain this time. It also mentions his role in the Assange film, in Steve McQueen's film (12 Years a Slave) and in the next Hobbit movie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 28, 2013 4:45 pm  #253

He does say that he had to eat 4000 calories a day insted of 2000 and to do a lot of training in order to become fit for the part . Also, he insists that his character is multilayered, an idealist and has a notion of loyalty. Also, he says that he loves playing villains.

February 28, 2013 5:06 pm  #254

Thank you for the translation, Miriel. 4,000 calories, that's a lot. And I hadn't expected him to play a one-dimensional character anyway. 

February 28, 2013 5:29 pm  #255

Well, it depends on script, as well... in 2009 Star Trek the villain was played by a good actor and in theory he had a good motivation for being "bad guy" but still was quite a flat and uninteresting figure. However, the new trailer seems promising, I do hope BC will do better!

February 28, 2013 6:59 pm  #256

I assume the 4,000 calories would be because of the amount of training he was required to do. Otherwise he would end up losing weight rather than bulking up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 28, 2013 7:15 pm  #257

Good for him. So he could eat a lot of banoffee pies. 

March 1, 2013 5:01 pm  #258

SusiGo wrote:

Good for him. So he could eat a lot of banoffee pies. 

I doubt very much they were many banofee pies included in his diet... more probably many high-protein steaks, since he needed to built up the muscles. The reporter says that his  physical appareance became "very powerful" and BC confirms that it was the most demanding part he has ever played, as far as acrobatics are concerned. Other than that, nothing we didn't know from other interviews. I bought the paper this morning and now I have some REALLY nice Benedict's pictures 

March 1, 2013 7:08 pm  #259

Good for you. The pics, I mean.
I just mentioned the banoffee pies because he once said that he likes to eat them. But sadly not the right thing to build up muscles. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 1, 2013 7:09 pm)

March 1, 2013 11:54 pm  #260

Germany...premiere of Star Trek will be May 6th! 

Board footera