BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2012 8:59 pm  #181

Re: Star Trek

I'd be so weak with adoration, I don't think I could lift a hammer. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 20, 2012 9:05 pm  #182

You have a point there. So we'd just be standing in front of the glass staring. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 20, 2012 10:09 pm  #183

SusiGo wrote:

You have a point there. So we'd just be standing in front of the glass staring. 

And a lovely speciman (sic. done on purpose, ha, ha!) to be staring at too. *Groan*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 20, 2012 10:16 pm  #184

Speciman. Will remember this when I watch the film and have a good laugh (while trying not to embarrass my son). 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 23, 2012 10:59 pm  #185

People on Tumblr have been noticing the similarities between Star Trek and Sherlock already:

http://iluv-neil.tumblr.com/post/37109425517/do-you-have-a-flag-erisians-benedict

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 23, 2012 11:21 pm  #186

Official trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diP-o_JxysA&feature=player_embedded

And the Japanese official trailer, which has extra footage in it:

December 24, 2012 12:53 am  #187

'Star Trek Into Darkness' Villain A 'Good' Bad Guy, J.J. Abrams Says
'The character that Benedict plays has an absolute sense of right and wrong, and he's on the right side,' director tells MTV News.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1698753/star-trek-into-darkness-villain-jj-abrams.jhtml

December 24, 2012 12:25 pm  #188

December 24, 2012 12:41 pm  #189

I thudded already in the other thread but this is really exciting. 

December 24, 2012 2:02 pm  #190

Fabulous!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 24, 2012 8:59 pm  #191

“But the main thing I’m going to be thinking, as I sit with my copy of Empire, with me on one cover and Chris on the other is, ‘Goddammit, he really is much better-looking than me, isn’t he?
— Benedict Cumberbatch

OMG, he's either too humble or totally blind. 

December 24, 2012 9:10 pm  #192

SusiGo wrote:

“But the main thing I’m going to be thinking, as I sit with my copy of Empire, with me on one cover and Chris on the other is, ‘Goddammit, he really is much better-looking than me, isn’t he?��
— Benedict Cumberbatch

OMG, he's either too humble or totally blind. 

Yeah but we'd hate him if he was pompous or vain wouldn't we?
Nothing worse than a man who is good looking and knows it
'If you're pretty and you know it clap your hands!' Just sprang to mind... I think it's time to put the after eight mints away I've had far too much sugar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 24, 2012 9:16 pm  #193

Of course we like him because he doesn't have this massive ego. And we know how WE would answer his question. 

December 24, 2012 9:26 pm  #194

SusiGo wrote:

Of course we like him because he doesn't have this massive ego. And we know how WE would answer his question. 

Of course:
'Goddamnit he really is much better looking than me isn't he?'

Us: erm, nooooo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 24, 2012 11:14 pm  #195

Mnemosyne wrote:

Yeah but we'd hate him if he was pompous or vain wouldn't we?
Nothing worse than a man who is good looking and knows it

Ain't that the truth. He's got a great sense of humor about his looks and that just makes him that much more attractive. Besides, we know the truth and that's all that matters. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 25, 2012 6:23 am  #196

Brains and beauty too. I would love to meet a man like that. The last person to flirt with me ended  getting visibly frustrated with me because I kept using 'long words'... Not that I class 'succinct' as a long word but I quickly came to the conclusion that after 5 minutes that this was going nowhere (I am so bad at flirting I would make you angry.) Many people want a partner that they find both beautiful and intellectually stimulating. BC manages both... We simply must move forward with human cloning!

Last edited by Mnemosyne (December 30, 2012 11:27 am)

December 25, 2012 9:08 am  #197

*Remaining content removed temporarily - copyright issues*

December 25, 2012 11:12 am  #198

Thanks, Sherly, this is very tantalising. Can't wait until May. 

December 25, 2012 11:55 am  #199

I love Benedict interviews almost as much as I love his films

http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1610

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

December 25, 2012 12:25 pm  #200

tiharoa wrote:

I love Benedict interviews almost as much as I love his films

http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1610

True, he's great. A horrible analogy. 

Board footera