BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



September 27, 2015 2:35 pm  #101


Re: Called it!

I predict we will see John's scar!

Oh wait, that's not a prediction, that's a deep seated desire.


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German   http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.gif
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.
http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/736x/aa/2b/35/aa2b352725f4c944599a3ea17cbfe44e.jpg    https://31.media.tumblr.com/bb0f8896a79d19602eeaea0254ff5ccd/tumblr_n5ztxjGDB61stgn3no1_500.jpg
 
 

September 28, 2015 8:57 pm  #102


Re: Called it!

My predictions:

Moriarty is dead.
Mycroft is behind the video.
It doesn't take Sherlock long to work this out.
We will see a story with elements of Valley of Fear.
Mary's character will be somewhat similar to the McMurdo character, including the twist.

Meaning we're led to believe that she's a very bad person, but this is not actually true.

Mary will die.

 

September 29, 2015 4:27 pm  #103


Re: Called it!

- We will find out that Sherlock did indeed get his hands on the AGRA drive, and the information therein.

​- In lieu of dying, Mary (and child) will leave John - but will do so for "good" reasons (such as to protect her and/or John from a threat from her past).

Perhaps these two ideas would end up being related: Sherlock acts on the information he finds on the AGRA drive, which wakens sleeping dragons from Mary's past, who now start to actively pursue her.  For her safety (and John's), she disappears.

 

October 13, 2015 2:44 am  #104


Re: Called it!

ukaunz wrote:

- Moriarty is dead, the "miss me" gif is a message from one of Moriarty's agents. There will be a further message that Sherlock and John have to decipher.
- Moftiss will adapt The Valley of Fear for S4, but there will be a completely original non-canon mystery too.
- Janine is Moriarty's sister, and will play a large part in S4.
- Mary will admit that the baby isn't John's.
- Mary will be kidnapped à la The Disappearance of Lady Carfax.
- Wiggins will ask Molly out on a date.
- We will find out who the "other one" is.
- We won't see any more of Mr & Mrs Holmes.

 
When I predicted that series 4 would include an adaptation of The Valley of Fear, I hadn't read the book yet. Now that I have finished reading it I am quite certain this is what they are going to do, and Mary is going to be a big part of the plot! I also think there could be a mirror/link between the plot of the Spesh and s4.

Edit: Oh my god, I started to form a little theory in my mind about how The Valley of Fear might be adapted for s4 and how Mary might be involved, and thought I would do a bit of googling. I'm not the first person to come up with this theory (obviously); I found this meta and I love how the author has neatly tied up all the threads that we've seen so far into this theory! Check it out if you dare (I almost feel like it's a spoiler, it seems so believable!)
http://finalproblem.tumblr.com/post/91922571645/down-in-the-valley

Last edited by ukaunz (October 13, 2015 7:52 am)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/y/ygzdv5n8w.png
http://s6.postimg.org/dh9cqa93l/sherlock_sketch_signature.jpg
 

October 13, 2015 7:43 am  #105


Re: Called it!

Ok well I have heaps of theories and some are insane and some kinda work...

- first of all: Janine is Moriarty's sister. They both have Irish accents (I know this is a long shot), her line in The Last Vow that goes something like 'I'm going to get revenge every now an then', and she worked in Magnussen's office - a lot of power and priviledge would have been come with that job, Moriarty could have used that. 
- I do like the theory that mycroft created the 'miss me?' clip of Moriarty to keep Sherlock in London, but it just doesn't seem right. Mycroft would have sent a threat to the government or something, not display Moriarty's face across every tv in the country. It's too dramatic to not be Moriarty's work. 
- I don't know how I feel about Mary and John making up so... easily I guess. But I think she will play a big part in the plot in season 4.
- But how Moriarty survived shooting himself in the mouth, I have no idea. But then again, we had no clue how Sherlock survived jumping off a building, and it turned out alright. 
- Maybe Janine made that Moriarty clip, and this would fit with the theory that she is Moriarty's sister.
- Moffat has revealed that there will be 'tragedy' in season 4, and this is means someone is probably going to die. I think it will be Mary's baby, or maybe Mary herself. 
- Mike Stamford and/or Harry might make an appearance.
- The 'other one'!! Probably a third Holmes brother. 
- Irene Adler will make another appearance
- Maybe... Mary and her baby will die / leave John to protect him from a treat from her past ???

Yeah I really hope Moriarty lives, because I think he is such an interesting character, the original supervillain from season 1 cliffhanger. 
 

Last edited by spacequeenluna (October 13, 2015 7:45 am)

 

October 13, 2015 8:58 am  #106


Re: Called it!

ukaunz wrote:

Edit: Oh my god, I started to form a little theory in my mind about how The Valley of Fear might be adapted for s4 and how Mary might be involved, and thought I would do a bit of googling. I'm not the first person to come up with this theory (obviously); I found this meta and I love how the author has neatly tied up all the threads that we've seen so far into this theory! Check it out if you dare (I almost feel like it's a spoiler, it seems so believable!)
http://finalproblem.tumblr.com/post/91922571645/down-in-the-valley

Wow, that's an amazing meta. I'd thought of the Valley story as Mary's backstory a while back because it's the only one that makes sense to me and also because of the secret tattoo, but this is way more elaborate than I ever thought. I've got the feeling that it's probably better than what the Moftiss will come up with. 

Now I'm thinking: if the gang is to be brought to London, it'd only make sense that the video is from them, using Moriarty's image to instill terror in people. Maybe we'll see them terrorising London. 

I really hope that's what they will do. 

 

October 13, 2015 11:12 am  #107


Re: Called it!

The author of that finalproblem tumblr is brilliant! The more of their metas I read, the more I believe in them.

I think I'm also convinced that

- Lord Moran is Sebastion Moran, and I wouldn't be surprised if the actor playing him does turn out to be David Huggins (son of Jeremy Brett), as one clever Sherlockian has deduced.
- Sir Edwin will be integral to the plot in both s4 and the Spesh

Last edited by ukaunz (October 13, 2015 11:14 am)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/y/ygzdv5n8w.png
http://s6.postimg.org/dh9cqa93l/sherlock_sketch_signature.jpg
 

October 13, 2015 7:24 pm  #108


Re: Called it!

Okay, I'm on the Molly band wagon and I'm afraid my brain is in two minds as to what could happen: either Molly dies or Molly is Moriarty's sister (planted into Sherlock's life a long time ago and is obviously a brill actress as she seems to have gained his hard-won trust. Moriarty had many years to formulate his plans re: Sherlock and Molly is his Ace in the Hole. I don't think Sherlock's heart has been burned yet, but predict that, via Molly, it will be in season 4.

 

October 14, 2015 10:27 am  #109


Re: Called it!

Wow, some exciting theories...
Which may or not be more interesting than my thinking she will just remain as the 'unrequited love ' interest.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the
 

October 18, 2015 6:42 pm  #110


Re: Called it!

I'm offically ditching my Mycroft theory, as much as I like how simple it is because Mycroft is the only known character with motif and opportunity. No, the video is made by the modern equivalent of the Scowrers, although they'll have another name, who use Moriarty's image to bring terror over London. Instead of the valley, in the modern version, they come to London to do all their misschief there.

So, all my eggs are in one basket now: the Valley basket.

 

October 18, 2015 7:22 pm  #111


Re: Called it!

I'm feeling much the same way, silverblaze!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/y/ygzdv5n8w.png
http://s6.postimg.org/dh9cqa93l/sherlock_sketch_signature.jpg
 

October 18, 2015 8:59 pm  #112


Re: Called it!

asylum69 wrote:

Okay, I'm on the Molly band wagon and I'm afraid my brain is in two minds as to what could happen: either Molly dies or Molly is Moriarty's sister (planted into Sherlock's life a long time ago and is obviously a brill actress as she seems to have gained his hard-won trust. Moriarty had many years to formulate his plans re: Sherlock and Molly is his Ace in the Hole. I don't think Sherlock's heart has been burned yet, but predict that, via Molly, it will be in season 4.

I feel that Molly being involved with Moriarty somehow stretches things a bit too far even for this show.  She helped Sherlock fake his death.  Sherlock went on to dismantle most of Moriarty's network.  I can't come up with any idea how that would've been something Moriarty wanted to happen.


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German   http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.gif
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.
http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/736x/aa/2b/35/aa2b352725f4c944599a3ea17cbfe44e.jpg    https://31.media.tumblr.com/bb0f8896a79d19602eeaea0254ff5ccd/tumblr_n5ztxjGDB61stgn3no1_500.jpg
 
 

October 19, 2015 3:49 am  #113


Re: Called it!

Though it would explain the rather enthusuastic slapping...

 

October 19, 2015 5:25 am  #114


Re: Called it!

I think poor Sherlock got some of Molly's frustration about Tom!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the
 

October 19, 2015 5:37 am  #115


Re: Called it!

besleybean wrote:

I think poor Sherlock got some of Molly's frustration about Tom!

And, maybe some payback for the last two seasons + unrequited love...

 

October 19, 2015 5:40 am  #116


Re: Called it!

Yes and while we're on the subject of Molly...
I hope we don't lose her.
But I really do think that will remain her story arc in the series: unrequited love  for Sherlock, but she will always remain important to Sherlock's work.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the
 

October 19, 2015 5:48 am  #117


Re: Called it!

besleybean wrote:

Yes and while we're on the subject of Molly...
I hope we don't lose her.
But I really do think that will remain her story arc in the series: unrequited love  for Sherlock, but she will always remain important to Sherlock's work.

RIGHT!?!?!?! No take Molly away!!!!!!

 

 

October 27, 2015 9:15 pm  #118


Re: Called it!

tonnaree wrote:

asylum69 wrote:

Okay, I'm on the Molly band wagon and I'm afraid my brain is in two minds as to what could happen: either Molly dies or Molly is Moriarty's sister (planted into Sherlock's life a long time ago and is obviously a brill actress as she seems to have gained his hard-won trust. Moriarty had many years to formulate his plans re: Sherlock and Molly is his Ace in the Hole. I don't think Sherlock's heart has been burned yet, but predict that, via Molly, it will be in season 4.

I feel that Molly being involved with Moriarty somehow stretches things a bit too far even for this show.  She helped Sherlock fake his death.  Sherlock went on to dismantle most of Moriarty's network.  I can't come up with any idea how that would've been something Moriarty wanted to happen.

Hmm, yeah, I know. Not watertight. Ever since I realised that Sherl and Molls would never get together, I have wanted them connected in some way and I love the themes of tragedy and deception, I'm afraid. I always kind of hoped that Molly was some kind of deep-cover mole. Oh, well, I guess I just have to wait and see.
 

 

October 27, 2015 9:59 pm  #119


Re: Called it!

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Yes and while we're on the subject of Molly...
I hope we don't lose her.
But I really do think that will remain her story arc in the series: unrequited love  for Sherlock, but she will always remain important to Sherlock's work.

RIGHT!?!?!?! No take Molly away!!!!!!

 

I love Molly but I would throw her under the bush to save just about anyone else.  Except maybe Wiggins.


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German   http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.gif
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.
http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/736x/aa/2b/35/aa2b352725f4c944599a3ea17cbfe44e.jpg    https://31.media.tumblr.com/bb0f8896a79d19602eeaea0254ff5ccd/tumblr_n5ztxjGDB61stgn3no1_500.jpg
 
 

December 13, 2016 5:38 am  #120


Re: Called it!

Mycroft will die.

John and Mary will not be happy in love when she leaves the show one way or the other.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q666/Schmiezi/f78f2088-06ef-444c-b254-d9efa841bc19_zps435390b3.png      http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q666/Schmiezi/140545df-e987-4a67-9272-fa8b2742790c_zpsa8b00ed8.png

"Quick, man, if you love me."
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum