BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2015 9:23 am  #1

Your Victor Trevor headcanons

I am a huge fan of the character of Victor Trevor. He’s literally the only character I have never seen that I have a huge deal of love for. It’s not that I’m dying to see him in the show, as I’m not sure how Mofftiss would handle him, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him. I mostly have headcanons about him and I enjoy his potential to catalyse a series of reactions in other characters and revelations about Sherlock’s past…

So this topic is basically for Victor Trevor fans. What are your headcanons or thoughts about him?

July 29, 2015 9:43 am  #2

Re: Your Victor Trevor headcanons

Well, problem is that I only know Victor Trevor from fanfics. I encountered his name so often that I felt it had to be something in canon that I had missed - which it turned out I did.

I still haven't read about him in canon, but in most fanfics I've read he's described as this horrible abusive ex from Sherlock's past, so now I feel slightly ill just seeing his name. Poor Victor. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 29, 2015 9:46 am  #3

gosh! I have seen some fanfics dealing with him that way, but very few, I have to say? I've read very interesting portrayals of him,and I do like him in canon (even though he's in there very little)

I don't mean to make you feel ill, I meant this topic only for whoever likes this character

July 29, 2015 9:57 am  #4

Lol, no, the topic doesn't make me feel ill. Just that I, quite unjustified, have a very poor association with the name Victor Trevor. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

July 29, 2015 10:05 am  #5

well ok, I'll try and change that for you: my headcanon is that Victor Trevor is Sherlock's "ex" from Uni (it varies between the ex Sherlock was actually with and the 'ex' who loved Sherlock but was only friends with him) and that he still loves Sherlock and if he comes back, he'll want to woo Sherlock and treat him really nicely (because my Victor is an accomplished entrepreneur and therefore quite wealthy), he'll take him out to really nice dinners ec, and Sherlock will go because he has a good memory of him and respects him And the added bonus is that in all this John will be going crazy with jealousy (as Sherlock's best friend or as Sherlock's love interest, it doesn't matter) and will provide an extended edition of his jealous strops fromt the Irene Adler time

July 29, 2015 12:34 pm  #6

That's not so far off Jolie_Black's version in Three Students - there Sherlock and Trevor were good friends at Cambridge. Except that Victor is not exactly an entrepreneur when he comes back in Under the Radar.

Personally I don't care about Victor one way or the other - I'll accept any version the fanfic writers present.

July 29, 2015 12:39 pm  #7

I think I've read only one fanfic with Victor Trevor, which was a very dark missing scene from "A Cure For Boredom" by emmagrant01. Not for the faint hearted, that one. I prefer your headcanon Dorothy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 29, 2015 12:43 pm  #8

Well maybe I should write a fic with my Victor Trevor so we even things out a bit for the poor guy

July 29, 2015 3:23 pm  #9

Sherlock returns home one evening and he suddenly sees this impecably dressed, elegant Etonian on his treshhold, the tall, red-haired, sophisticated man with delicate features and thin-rimmed glasses adorning his face. He recognises Victor, his old acquaintance, at once. Victor worked overseas in diplomatic circles, but now he´s came back and his first thought was to see Sherlock, with whom he was at very friendly terms in their student times.

Sherlock invites him in and while they chat a bit, Sherlock feels his insides melt. Victor does not care for crap TV or mediocre newspapers, quite the opposite, he speaks with refinement about classical music, books, about Sherlock´s hobby of forensics and chemistry and he understands Sherlock´s remarks well, answering them with high level of intelligence and insight. Sherlock has by now completelly forgotten how it is to make a conversation with your intellectual equal, without that intellectual equal trying either to kill you or belittle you. The world gradually slips away from him and Victor and his words move sharply into focus. He slowly seizes Victor by the hand and squeezes it.

Victor doesn´t try to free his hand out of captivity, he just smiles lightly. Taking it as an encouragement, Sherlock leans forward and possesively kisses him on the lips.

"Will you remain here tonight?" he asks.
"I wouldn´t mind at all." replies Victor easily and comfortably reclines in John´s former chair.

A choked up sound and gasp resonates from the door. Sherlock turns his head towards it and sees John, pale and bug-eyed, standing by the door, looking slightly dishevelled. He excuses himself to Victor, stands up and comes nearer to the doctor.

"John! Long time no see - what brings you here so suddenly?"

John swallows, still wide-eyed and gasping, but he answers truthfully: "Mary kicked me out... turns out I am not even the father of the baby... I... I thought that maybe you could take me back, Sherlock... here to our former flat at Baker Street.... so we can continue like before, you know...."

Sherlock raises his eyebrows a bit, but otherwise he looks at John quite dispassionally.

"Sorry, John." he replies finally. "But you had already chosen, didn´t you?"

Gently, but firmly, he pushes his former flatmate out to the hallway, closes the door softly and returns to his chair with strange grace in his steps. Then he smiles at Victor: "Now, where were we?"

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 29, 2015 3:53 pm  #10

wow that was mean and rather perfect at the same time haha! Though I doubt John will go down without a fight...

July 29, 2015 4:21 pm  #11

I love Victor! I'm actually writing Victor in something at the moment.

My Victor is a jovial practical joker with a mess of wild red hair. He is lots of fun and a great guy to be around. He is openly gay and has always had a mega crush on Sherlock, but the two of them never actually got together at Uni.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 29, 2015 4:28 pm  #12

Dorothy83 wrote:

Well maybe I should write a fic with my Victor Trevor so we even things out a bit for the poor guy

AWESOME! If you do, I might do. :-)

July 29, 2015 4:33 pm  #13

nakahara wrote:

Sherlock returns home one evening and he suddenly sees this impecably dressed, elegant Etonian on his treshhold, the tall, red-haired, sophisticated man with delicate features and thin-rimmed glasses adorning his face. He recognises Victor, his old acquaintance, at once. Victor worked overseas in diplomatic circles, but now he´s came back and his first thought was to see Sherlock, with whom he was at very friendly terms in their student times.

Sherlock invites him in and while they chat a bit, Sherlock feels his insides melt. Victor does not care for crap TV or mediocre newspapers, quite the opposite, he speaks with refinement about classical music, books, about Sherlock´s hobby of forensics and chemistry and he understands Sherlock´s remarks well, answering them with high level of intelligence and insight. Sherlock has by now completelly forgotten how it is to make a conversation with your intellectual equal, without that intellectual equal trying either to kill you or belittle you. The world gradually slips away from him and Victor and his words move sharply into focus. He slowly seizes Victor by the hand and squeezes it.

Victor doesn´t try to free his hand out of captivity, he just smiles lightly. Taking it as an encouragement, Sherlock leans forward and possesively kisses him on the lips.

"I wouldn´t mind at all." replies Victor easily and comfortably reclines in John´s former chair.

A choked up sound and gasp resonates from the door. Sherlock turns his head towards it and sees John, pale and bug-eyed, standing by the door, looking slightly dishevelled. He excuses himself to Victor, stands up and comes nearer to the doctor.

John swallows, still wide-eyed and gasping, but he answers truthfully: "Mary kicked me out... turns out I am not even the father of the baby... I... I thought that maybe you could take me back, Sherlock... here to our former flat at Baker Street.... so we can continue like before, you know...."

Sherlock raises his eyebrows a bit, but otherwise he looks at John quite dispassionally.

Gently, but firmly, he pushes his former flatmate out to the hallway, closes the door softly and returns to his chair with strange grace in his steps. Then he smiles at Victor: "Now, where were we?"

YES!!!!!  YES!!!!! YES!!!!! YES!!!! 

Thank you!

July 29, 2015 4:46 pm  #14

nakahara wrote:

NOOOOO...!!!

Now I hate Victor even more. 

Team Hudders!

July 29, 2015 5:14 pm  #15

See, I think there needs to be at least ONE fic that doesn't have Sherlock pining, and pining, and pining and just about killin' himself, and turnin g into a full-on JUNKIE--- he gets on with his life, now that John has committed to being a good husband and father -- 

John has a life partner, Sherlock deserves someone who puts *him* first. I think a Victor Trevor might fit the bill nicely. And Victor is a canon character, and Sherlock's oldest friend. So, of course-- I'm making *my* Victor a homage to Idris Elba, and extrapoloating some characteristics from BBC Luther. A lovely, engaging, sexy, petey-pureheart klnd of guy. :-) Fiery, though.

July 29, 2015 5:20 pm  #16

I have also read loads of fanfic with Victor being this abusive bad guy from Sherlock's past. I have no clear idea about him though. Somehow, the "I don't have friends" always threw Victor out of the picture. I would like to read some stories with a nicer version of him. Also, it would be interesting to have a rival to John's friendship... the dynamics would be interesting. I assume that John and Victor could be quite similar.

"It is what it is."

July 29, 2015 6:09 pm  #17

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

So, of course-- I'm making *my* Victor a homage to Idris Elba, and extrapoloating some characteristics from BBC Luther. A lovely, engaging, sexy, petey-pureheart klnd of guy. :-) Fiery, though.

Hmmm.... Idris Elba would make a magnificent Victor, IMHO.... 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 29, 2015 6:44 pm  #18

nakahara wrote:

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

So, of course-- I'm making *my* Victor a homage to Idris Elba, and extrapoloating some characteristics from BBC Luther. A lovely, engaging, sexy, petey-pureheart klnd of guy. :-) Fiery, though.

Hmmm.... Idris Elba would make a magnificent Victor, IMHO.... 

He is oh, so yummy. And completely different from John. I like the contrast-- and I'd like to break the Jerk!Victor! Trope by actually making him a good match for Sherlock, and every bot as much of a hero...
But that's the beauty of a canon character like Victor-- we have the freedom to actually create a character that's not strictly an OC. 

July 29, 2015 6:51 pm  #19

If he became a great guy, and a great match for Sherlock, I would hate him even more. 

Team Hudders!

July 29, 2015 7:03 pm  #20

Vhanja wrote:

If he became a great guy, and a great match for Sherlock, I would hate him even more. 

Board footera