BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 12, 2015 8:12 am  #121

Re: Hamlet at the Barbican - contains spoilers about the production

Oh well, I got to sit not only a meter from him, and I got his sweat/spit in my eye. Lol. Oh, and at a point he pointed a gun in my direction... 

So... Sherlock would have said we had a thing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 12, 2015 8:19 am  #122

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Oh well, I got to sit not only a meter from him, and I got his sweat/spit in my eye. Lol. Oh, and at a point he pointed a gun in my direction... 

So... Sherlock would have said we had a thing. 

That´s the spirit!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 12, 2015 8:25 am  #123

Ha, very nice, Phantom. Spitting at you and pointing a gun at you... pretty romantic, if you ask me.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 12, 2015 8:27 am  #124

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 12, 2015 8:28 am  #125

Normally I would ask the man to buy me a drink first... but since it was Benedict... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 12, 2015 8:29 am  #126

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 12, 2015 8:34 am  #127

Normally I would ask the man to buy me a drink first... but since it was Benedict... 

Yeah... other... circumstances... or that...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 12, 2015 10:28 am  #128

@Phantom Lady: how long is the play (incl. the interval) it's probalbly already mentioned here somewhere

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 12, 2015 10:44 am  #129

The first act takes an hour and.. ugh, my silly hearing couldn't hear if they said 50 minutes or 25 over the speakers? and the second is an hour... the interval is 20 minutes

To be honest I was a bit lightheaded after the experience and didn't really notice the time... and *cough* my phone was in my purse and didn't come out until I was outside of the building. 

So, it's over 3 hours! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 12, 2015 10:59 am  #130

I just invited my friend to watch this with me at the cinema in Copenhagen... I am actually a little shocked at the ticket price! It's twice what a normal ticket costs! 

I guess I have to give it to her as a Birthday present... 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (August 12, 2015 10:59 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 12, 2015 5:27 pm  #131

I don't really have much to add, but just wanted to say been interesting reading and very good points, all of you.  Definitely agree on keeping the respectful, live experience!  Dang, and those lucky lucky people, getting to have a bonus surprise afterwards at the stage door!!!   

Besides… they officially released some awesome pics for us, that are better than phone camera, anyways!  (those stage pics from a link a couple pages back)  And came across some more from rehearsals!  Sorry for the spam, just don't recall these new ones on here and wanted to share, loving the look of!!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 12, 2015 5:46 pm  #132

The first act takes an hour and.. ugh, my silly hearing couldn't hear if they said 50 minutes or 25 over the speakers? and the second is an hour... the interval is 20 minutes

To be honest I was a bit lightheaded after the experience and didn't really notice the time... and *cough* my phone was in my purse and didn't come out until I was outside of the building. 

So, it's over 3 hours! 

Thank you 

I just invited my friend to watch this with me at the cinema in Copenhagen... I am actually a little shocked at the ticket price! It's twice what a normal ticket costs! 

I guess I have to give it to her as a Birthday present... 

Here in Berlin, too. Between 16 and 17,50€ (3€ discount for students) they'll show it on two sceens because of the great demand.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 12, 2015 6:29 pm  #133

The second last one just makes me want to go "This is Thriller... Thriiiiiillerrrr" sorry. 

Btw, there's some absolute gems of pictures in the program (£8)... my scanner doesn't work ugh. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 12, 2015 6:37 pm  #134

I can't remember if this one has been out... but it's my favourite from the program! I can't stop going through it and just stare at it dreamily... Ahh... I'm hopeless...

Sorry this was the best I could do with my phone 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 12, 2015 8:30 pm  #135

He looks so happy.  This is what he was born to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 12, 2015 8:50 pm  #136

He did on stage too, the times the audience burst out laughing you could just see the glimmer in his eyes! He's in his element! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 12, 2015 8:53 pm  #137

What he did again was going to the stage door and give autographs *tries not to be jealous*

Right...Hum. I understand. Well, then.
There'll be another time for you, Phantom, don't lose hope!
Gently, fingers crossed for you

Apologies for misunderstanding. Guess I was not fully awake.

Edit : He does look really happy! The wait till I'm going will be a nightmare...but it will be worth it.

Last edited by Lilythiell (August 12, 2015 9:01 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 12, 2015 10:16 pm  #138

He did on stage too, the times the audience burst out laughing you could just see the glimmer in his eyes! He's in his element! 

I saw Hamlet on stage many decades ago, done by local professional actors in Boston, and the play comes alive when it's well-acted. Audience reaction, almost participation, makes it absolutely magical. I cannot imagine how wonderful it would be to see it on the Broadway or London stage. Fantastic! I'm sure Ben really shines in his current role. But frankly, when it's over,  I cannot wait to see him again in Sherlock.

August 13, 2015 3:42 am  #139

The second last one just makes me want to go "This is Thriller... Thriiiiiillerrrr" sorry. 

Gah, Phantom… now I can't stop wanting to picture that!  ;D
Awww…  he's -so- happy looking.  So they were from the program?  Cool, that explains the artistic scribble on some.  And funny timing, I nearly included your favorite up there, but decided to save it for later!  My copy is clearer, but I like seeing it bigger, as yours is……   (anything else cool they put in there?)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 13, 2015 6:30 am  #140

Russell wrote:

Gah, Phantom… now I can't stop wanting to picture that!  ;D

There are funny coincidences sometimes... While browsing through the last posts of this thread my radio just starts playing Thriller 

Last edited by stoertebeker (August 13, 2015 6:31 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

Board footera