BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2016 9:53 am  #441

Re: Hamlet at the Barbican - contains spoilers about the production

The Olivier Awards are on 3.April. There should be at least a nomination. I also keep my fingers crossed for Rory Kinnear in "The Trial".

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 4, 2016 5:29 am  #442

Congratulations!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 4, 2016 6:45 am  #443

Indeed and richly deserved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 15, 2016 2:30 am  #444

The Toy Soldier scene and To Be Or Not To Be soliloquy.

Bless the person who uploaded that, but I am waiting for the full play being released on DVD or something. Even if I'm aware that seeing it on a DVD won't ever be the same as seeing it live.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

February 15, 2016 7:36 am  #445

Wow. Watching that again... gosh. I've even got tears in my eyes. He acts that despair so, so well. Way too well almost. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 15, 2016 8:21 am  #446

It was a sheer joy to see him in that role.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 15, 2016 9:03 am  #447

Best night in my life!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 15, 2016 10:22 am  #448

Need to see that again, too. It was absolutely brilliant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 15, 2016 3:32 pm  #449

Oh yeah, I saw that video on YouTube about a month ago (and downloaded it just in case it ever gets taken down).  I wish there would be a DVD release, but from what I read it wasn't in the contract...hopefully one day that will change, or at least that they will show it in the cinemas again - I would go again.  I wanted to see it again as soon as it was over the first time.  
But I love how well he does both sides of Hamlet - the "crazy" front and then the internal pain and conflict - and how well he switches between the two without either of them seeming inauthentic or over-done.

Clueing for looks.

February 15, 2016 6:12 pm  #450

Oh, wow!  Having only seen pictures, had no idea what the 'feel' of it was like….  thanks.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 15, 2016 6:13 pm  #451

Just lovely.

February 21, 2016 9:36 pm  #452

Four What's On Stage Awards for Hamlet: 

Jane Cox for Best Lighting
Es Devlin for Best Stage Design
Best Play Revival

and - 

Best Actor! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 21, 2016 9:39 pm  #453

Wonderful! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 21, 2016 9:48 pm  #454

That's great! Best of luck to all of them!

Clueing for looks.

February 21, 2016 9:50 pm  #455

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 21, 2016 9:56 pm  #456

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 21, 2016 9:57 pm  #457

Yay!

February 21, 2016 10:01 pm  #458

I think he deserves that award. And he left such a nice thank you. Thanks for posting the link to that.

Clueing for looks.

February 21, 2016 10:20 pm  #459

What a lovely, heartfelt thank you message. Congratulations to Benedict and all the cast and crew!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 21, 2016 10:22 pm  #460

Aaaaw what a wonderful acceptance speech! He's such a lovely man isn't he! I doubt he missed anyone

Oh, and Ben. It was an AMAZING experience getting to see you, it was almost worth all it took to get there!! 

Also... damn, how lovely does he look???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera